eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Shipping with many stealth accounts. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/62577-shipping-many-stealth-accounts.html)

ocmajid 07-28-2013 12:32 AM

Shipping with many stealth accounts.

So! I've accumulated many stealths now and I've sold a few items.
At the post office:

1) is it okay to ship with many different labels with my name variations and return addresses?

2) I have one stealth in a city 60 miles from me. Can I use that address as a return address and ship it at my local PO?

I'm asking because I use the click and ship feature via Paypal and it automatically uses each accounts address....

BigCJ 07-28-2013 12:35 AM

Its totally fine to use multiple addresses as your labels.
The problem lies in RETURNS and needed access to the account(s) addresses.

Businesses use multiple addresses daily.
And people ship/move and get wrong addresses on a regular basis as well.

jeffweico 07-28-2013 12:39 AM

The issue you MAY run into is the USPS. TECHNICALLY you are supposed to ship items from the ZIP code on the return label. Most of the time this is not enforced. But if the employees at your local post office have a problem with it, they can refuse the packages.

ocmajid 07-28-2013 12:43 AM

Is it fraud to have name variations and addresses when shipping my packages? I got a weird vibe this morning from the clerks at the PO.

Should I just not do click and ship via the paypal but just have a account on USPS.com and print the labels but make the return address my home address?

ocmajid 07-28-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmixers (Post 471627)
Its totally fine to use multiple addresses as your labels.
The problem lies in RETURNS and needed access to the account(s) addresses.

Businesses use multiple addresses daily.
And people ship/move and get wrong addresses on a regular basis as well.

I have access to all the return addresses just in case. They are all UPS stores or Fedex stores or shipping franchises.

MM78 07-28-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocmajid (Post 471630)
I have access to all the return addresses just in case. They are all UPS stores or Fedex stores or shipping franchises.

If you have access to all the addresses you should be fine.

ocmajid 07-28-2013 12:58 AM

what about the name variations ? will they find that odd and suspicious ?

GreenBean 07-28-2013 01:11 AM

Depends on the place .

Just found this thread. Please read it to get an idea of the behavior that can go on at some places.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ps-issues.html

:typing:

secret storm 07-28-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 471628)
The issue you MAY run into is the USPS. TECHNICALLY you are supposed to ship items from the ZIP code on the return label. Most of the time this is not enforced. But if the employees at your local post office have a problem with it, they can refuse the packages.

This is a problem I am going to have soon is there anyway to get around this except use ups or fedex? Also if your post office keeps seeing different names on multiple packages all being shipped at the same time will it draw a red flag. Will they still allow shipment and will they do or ask anything about them seeing so many different names shipped out at the return address?

vogeltron 07-28-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocmajid (Post 471626)
So! I've accumulated many stealths now and I've sold a few items.
At the post office:

1) is it okay to ship with many different labels with my name variations and return addresses?

2) I have one stealth in a city 60 miles from me. Can I use that address as a return address and ship it at my local PO?

I'm asking because I use the click and ship feature via Paypal and it automatically uses each accounts address....

I run multiple stealth accounts. What I have is one return address at a PO Box or UPS Store. I simply print all my labels like you do with stealth. I black out the return address and tape the PO Box/UPS Store Address over it. Never had a problem, I use a business name. If anyone ever gives me and problems which hasn't happened yet. I just tell them the item was drop shipped. Or I ran out so I had to have a friend who sells the same items ship it etc.

I don't know about everyone else here. But I have had multiple buyers who are morons and put in a invalid address. I want to make sure I at least recoup the item.

jeffweico 07-28-2013 03:21 AM

Special rules apply to metered mail. PC-Postage is considered metered mail:

DMM 705 Advanced Preparation and Special Postage Payment Systems

20.0 Metered Mail Drop Shipment
20.1 Basic Information
20.1.1 General
A customer may affix postage using a postage meter (postage evidencing system) licensed at one Post Office (licensing Post Office) and deposit that mail at another Post Office (entry Post Office) only if prior authorization is obtained from the USPS under one of the procedures described below...

This might be why you got the weird vibe. Is using a different business name considered fraud? It COULD be if fraud is your intention. I don't have the legal expertise to answer that part of your question. That type of question is best answered by a lawyer.

rsot 07-28-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocmajid (Post 471629)
Is it fraud to have name variations and addresses when shipping my packages? I got a weird vibe this morning from the clerks at the PO.

Should I just not do click and ship via the paypal but just have a account on USPS.com and print the labels but make the return address my home address?

While it isn't fraud, GB has pointed you to a thread where postal workers gave one member here quite a hard time. Depending on your postal office, act accordingly...might have to split out packages if causing a lot of issues

ocmajid 07-28-2013 11:38 AM

Thanks everyone! You guys are so much help. I really appreciate it! This is a great community!

Dmshark25 07-28-2013 02:01 PM

I use all different names and address but I put my ebay I'd as name so it looks like I just have different business but it shouldn't matter