Shipping with a stealth address USPS issues - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Shipping with a stealth address USPS issues

I recently made a thread about a problem I had with my local post office, and how they started questioning & harassing me about me dropping off packages that have my "stealth" info on them. ( I was dropping them off to the counter)
So the "main" I ship the most off of I changed it to my address with my ebay name as the name in return. I drop off a few(about 20) , most with my address & ebay name on them.. They all ended up back on my doorstep this morning. Including the stealth ones! Like they watched me drop these off. SMH.
Along with them was a note in my mailbox that said, subject: deceptive practices. And about how you cant send mail with an address other than your blah blah. And its under investigation. So I called and asked why did my package get returned to me with my address & business name? All the "post master" kept saying is, if you have a question come to the post office with your package and ask it! Def kind of stuck at this point because I have about 30 packages that are labeled now! And not sure if I should even reprint all these labels with my real address & name. Which I really don't want to do. #stuck. #help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2013

Longevity: 64%

These labels are printed and paid for based on the zip code you are ACTUALLY shipping from?
Old 07-02-2013

Longevity: 78%

Wait what.... i read this twice and i'm still confused on what packages were labeled with what and what addresses were on what packages. Are they having problems with your addresses or the labels? I'm confused.

I never had this problem with my post office. As long as your packages don't have illegal sh*t in them i don't see why they are allowed to give you sh*t for it. Not a lawyer or anything but i don't see anything illegal here on your part. All your doing is delivering packages. Come up with a good story and try to get it resolved with them. If they still won't budge find out if they are allowed to do this. Would like to know myself. If not start shipping from a different post office.
Old 07-02-2013
Threadstarter  

Hi,
I ship from the same zip code on my packages..

Loophole... I shipped packages that were labeled with a stealth accounts info (printed right off of paypal), and also some packages that said my actual address & ebay name, for return address.

Let me remind you I dropped these in the slot, in the inside of the post office.

They are saying this is deceptive practices...

I kinda feel like im just being targeted by this post office.
When I called the man he said you are shipping items from bogus address's. I said no im not, I sell for people and this is their info.
They are telling me its illegal
Old 07-02-2013
Threadstarter  

This is the only post office here.. Next one is about a35 min drive the the big city by us..
Old 07-02-2013

Longevity: 63%

Move away from there(Period)
Old 07-02-2013
Threadstarter  

gotebay! IKR!! Trying to go down south asap!
Old 07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwuvcurrency View Post
Hi,
I ship from the same zip code on my packages..

Loophole... I shipped packages that were labeled with a stealth accounts info (printed right off of paypal), and also some packages that said my actual address & ebay name, for return address.

Let me remind you I dropped these in the slot, in the inside of the post office.

They are saying this is deceptive practices...

I kinda feel like im just being targeted by this post office.
When I called the man he said you are shipping items from bogus address's. I said no im not, I sell for people and this is their info.
They are telling me its illegal
Personally i think they're just being a$$holes. Like i said, i don't see anything wrong with this or anything illegal what you are doing. Go on a law forum and post your problem. I always post on those forums when i get in trouble
Old 07-02-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

That's outrageous it's not illegal , it's not there business , how do they know what relationship u have with any of your address u use. There's nothing illegal, what if you were dropping off packages for family or friends which is legal, you just have another crazy postal worker
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (07-03-2013)
Old 07-02-2013
Threadstarter  

Good Idea. I actually googled it, and reada few posts by people already.. And they said its not illegall unless some kind of deceptive practices are happening along with it..

Just curious on what everyone else does?

Do you print your labels with your real info? Or stealth? Ever had a problem?!
The postman who dropped them off at my doorstep, didn't knock or anything. smh
Old 07-02-2013

Is the shipping rate on the packages based on where you are actually shipping from ? If so makes no sense go in and get it figured out talk to a manager.
Old 07-02-2013
Threadstarter  

ALL my labels are printed and labeled in my zip code.

I did talk to the "post master", he told me its illegal..
He said you don't live at this address.
And hes the one who had these packages returned to me.
And I had a bunch of different stealth names on them.. Maybe up to 4 different ones.. Then some with my address.
How he figured they were all mine, I don't know.. What did he do watch me on camera dropping them in the slot!!?? ugh.
Old 07-02-2013

Longevity: 69%

I'd try calling USPS and asking directly. Even if he's wrong though, he will likely continue to give you a hard time, so it's kind of a lose-lose.
Old 07-02-2013
Threadstarter  

I did call. They told me its not illegal..
But then again, these people returned ALL my packages to me. Including ones addressed to return to me.. So I guess all these label are not useable now. Waisted a lot of money on these labels.
Old 07-02-2013

Usps has a complaint dept contact them
Old 07-02-2013

I seriously want to know what he has against you. Maybe you did something to him? I don't see why they would do this.......

Anyways, like i said, learn the law know what they can and cannot do. Then talk to them. Try to reason. If they don't listen, throw a couple of key words in there like "lawsuit" "lawyer" "illegal". Make sure you know your sh*t though. Then see what happens. Don't make threats, just let them know you know what you are talking about.

If they still don't budge, its up to you to pursue this issue further or not with a lawyer.
Old 07-02-2013
Threadstarter  

I don't even know this man! lbvs.
I did start dropping off a lot more packages than usual..
All my accounts limits got raised so Ive been selling at least 5x more ...

Im definitely going to read up on it tonight.. Even thought about making an apt with a lawyer.. Don't know if I want to take it that far..

Loophole.. Do you think If I drive to the next city, (about 30 mins away) they will take these already packaged items? The label says shipped from my town tho :0
Old 07-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwuvcurrency View Post
I don't even know this man! lbvs.
I did start dropping off a lot more packages than usual..
All my accounts limits got raised so Ive been selling at least 5x more ...

Im definitely going to read up on it tonight.. Even thought about making an apt with a lawyer.. Don't know if I want to take it that far..

Loophole.. Do you think If I drive to the next city, (about 30 mins away) they will take these already packaged items? The label says shipped from my town tho :0
Are you really willing to drive 30 mins every time you need to ship stuff? The cost of that over time will cost you a lawyer. You don't even need one yet. Educate yourself and try to handle the issue. Try everything you've got. If they still give you sh*t, then genuinely ask the manager why he is being such an a$$hole. Then get a lawyer, handle your business. Let a couple months pass. Lurk around the post office, find out what car he drives, then the choice is yours if you know what i'm saying.
Old 07-02-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

You have to put the zip code from your area that you ship the items from in the SHIP FROM zip code area on the label page.

The post offices want credit for shipping the boxes.

Post office is in need of getting rid of post offices that are not turning over boxes and making money so they are watching this closely.

I tell them when they used to ask that I sell things for people who dont want to list item or older people who dont have a computer.

Just adjust the zip code and use the stealth address you should be fine.

Do they have a drop box or cart? Mine has several of these, I drop and go on packages I dont have picked up. No contact with the clerk unless I have to.
Old 07-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I think you would be better off using a different post office. I am not a lawyer, so I cannot say whether or not this is legal, but if not, then most dropshipping companies are guilty because they usually use the name of the person or company who made the sale on packages ordered.

Fighting the Postmaster could require a lawyer, as he is unlikely to back down voluntarily. For whatever reason, he is now focused on you. Who knows why? But the USPS CAN investigate allegations of mail fraud. So if you want to fight this, I would make sure my business was totally clean (all authentic items, no attempts at deception) and see an attorney.

Anyone giving advice here is just guessing about legalities and what can or cannot be done about it. A lawyer can tell you what your actual options are.
Old 07-02-2013
Threadstarter  

SANDY D: The problem is that I am using my stealth address's on my labels. They are telling me this is illegal. I ran the same script you just told me too, to. Dont matter to them. The guy today told me, your shipping from BOGUS address's. i said NO im not! Im selling for other people and this is their info on the label. He's like noone lives there by that name.. The zip code comment, was because I already have all these shipping labels prrinted out.. and was wondering if I drive to the next city, would they accept them, since my post office wont because of my stealth address's being on them!
Old 07-02-2013
Threadstarter  

Also, small slot in the wall for dropping off letters & small packages.. can only fit the small flat fate boxes in it.. Thats what I dropped my packages in!! I didnt hand them to noone!
Closed Thread