eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Undeliverable as Addressed (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/62727-undeliverable-addressed.html)

pujolsfan 07-31-2013 01:30 PM

Undeliverable as Addressed

This is happening more and more to me through ebay. How do you guys handle this?

You ship a package to the verified address, yet the tracking information will say something like "undeliverable as addressed".

I'm getting REALLY tired of people not knowing how to write their address, and ebay not caring what they list as an address.

So, what do you do in these instances? If I re-ship it, it ends up costing me double in shipping. AND it requires me to ship to an unverified address!

lyl797 07-31-2013 01:40 PM

When you receive the return package from USPS due to undeliverable address, 1st report to eBay thru resolution center - report a problem with buyer specify buyer provide wrong shipping address, then file an order cancel request on that order, and specify the reason as undeliverable address.
Wait the buyer to respond, if buyer refuse to cancel order, then tell buyer you will send a paypal money request so buyer can pay you reshipping fee and provide new shipping address.

By reporting to eBay problem with buyer, this buyer probably cannot leave you negative feeback any more, by sending order cancel request, you already create a dispute on this order, buyer probably cannot file another dispute on eBay ...

This is what I did so far, and most of the time buyer respiond to pay for the reshipping fee or buyer just give up ...... I am also waiting for better solution from any experts here.

--

-

An0nym0u$ 07-31-2013 01:41 PM

I came across this once also. I think it was because the buyer forgot to put the "unit number" or apartment #. Obviously the postal clerk had no idea where to send it to, so it got sent back to me w/ that Undeliverable message stamped on it.

When I contacted the buyer, they were apologetic and offered to pay the shipping cost. I decided to cover the added expense to keep the buyer happy.

I suggest contacting the buyer through ebay message so if it becomes a dispute, you can point to the ebay messages as proof (ebay reps can see them).

I know its annoying, but its part of doing business where you'll come across people that just don't fill out their information accurately.

JamesNorth101 07-31-2013 01:47 PM

Any items that I send out tracked, I first check the address to make sure it exists.

If it does not, I contact the the buyer and ask them to correct their address to one that exists

Dmshark25 07-31-2013 01:52 PM

Just hold off I got two of those this week followed by positive feedback, so it was a glitch I guess in the system so the buyer did receive it

MM78 07-31-2013 02:33 PM

I've had several packages sent to the wrong city but luckily the packages have always made it to the correct locations.

rsot 08-06-2013 10:46 AM

Check the address exists.

Sent with signature confirmation.

If the item is big and you cant handle the loss (in case or extra costs), charge shipping to buyer - make it in your listing and attract serious buyers. Yes, you may lose some to competition but risk vs. reward