Got Parents Accounts Ban - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-01-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Got Parents Accounts Ban

Well, I live with my parents and got my legit account ban, and was obviously not changing IP's etc.

Their accounts were both verified, had high limits, had been around for a 1 year and 4 years. Had over 100 feedback. But eventually my account got ban because they were not happy with the receipt I gave them for the items I were selling (this was the only reason they ban me, and therefore ban my parents accounts also)

My parents are now getting ready for the Christmas season and want me to sell things for them around that time.

Is there any way I can get their accounts back? Their accounts were only ban because they were address linked and IP linked to my account. It is pretty ridiculous that eBay would do that..

Anyway I get em back?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Doubtful. Better get cracking making some stealth accounts, but you may want to follow the basic stealth guidelines this time.
Old 09-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Once ebay restricts/bans an account, all accounts that were associated to it are equally banned and restricted. Ebay assumes you have access to those accounts and would just continue selling the same merchandise on those accounts.

Quote:
Their accounts were only ban because they were address linked and IP linked to my account. It is pretty ridiculous that eBay would do that..
Oh, so only the address and the IP's were linked?

Those two topics are discussed heavily on this forum and in the ebay stealth guide. They are the fundamental ways ebay will link you.

You need to understand the basics of how ebay can link you before you begin to create stealth accounts and move forward with getting back onto ebay. Re-read the stealth guide and this forum to become familiarized with how you got linked before proceeding any further.

Once you understand the ways ebay can link you, then start creating stealth accounts. Failure to do so will lead to your new accounts getting taken down quickly and you running around in circles.
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013
Threadstarter  

alright, is there anyway I can get the accounts back in like 1-2 years?
Old 09-01-2013
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
Anyway I get em back?
It's possible, but it will ALL have to be done through your parents contacting eBay.

The likelihood isn't in their favor, but my parents got their accounts back when I caused the same situation.

This all happened over 5 years...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...html#post54531
Old 09-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
alright, is there anyway I can get the accounts back in like 1-2 years?
Were you given an indefinite seller suspension/restriction? If so, then you can pretty much never get those accounts back.

You can try submitting whatever paperwork they are requesting and fight for those accounts, but from what I read in your original post, this was already tried & they rejected your receipts.

What suspension(s) specifically were you given?
Old 09-01-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jack

Make sure you learn stealth, and buy the Stealth Book if you haven't already if your not sure on how to go about handling stealth accounts.

Also there are trusted sellers on this forum that can help you out! Hope this helps some what!
Old 09-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
Were you given an indefinite seller suspension/restriction? If so, then you can pretty much never get those accounts back.

You can try submitting whatever paperwork they are requesting and fight for those accounts, but from what I read in your original post, this was already tried & they rejected your receipts.

What suspension(s) specifically were you given?
I was given MC000 (i think that was what it was called) then they said they didn't like the receipts i gave them and ban me...
Old 09-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Ladies and Gents....this is a great example of why you should NOT use family member(s) Info or Accounts.

For anyone who thinks it's a good idea...It isn't!
Old 09-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Ladies and Gents....this is a great example of why you should NOT use family member(s) Info or Accounts.

Unless of course, you hate your parents.
Old 09-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Unless of course, you hate your parents.
HAHA, true true.
Old 09-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Your parents will have to contact eBay to try to get their accounts back. It is usually tough. I got a friend who went through a similar situation. An ex-roommate whom he had rented a room to for a few yeas their account got banned and linked back to him. He was able to call up eBay and get it back. Not sure if it will work but definitely worth a try for their sake.
Old 09-02-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post

I did not. I used my own!
Old 09-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
I did not. I used my own!
You may not have directly logged into your parents account, but living at the same physical address + sharing the same IP address...you might as well have.
Old 09-02-2013

Don't waste your time with repairing the old accts. Your time is better spent creating stealth accts. you should not have any issue selling your parents used items at all. Good luck. Just know your limits will prolly be low the 1st 90 days.
Old 09-02-2013

Longevity: 62%

The reason I ended up here on this forum is because my son & I use the same IP address via wi-fi because we live next door to each other. Why pay for separate Internet services right? On 6/18/2013 eBay & PayPal linked my accounts with my sons accounts and I got restricted to no selling on eBay and my PayPal account was suspended.

My son's eBay account got hacked and became $94,000.00 in the red with bogus charge backs which PayPal supposedly had to eat.

I have spent dozens of hours (really, dozens) over the past 2 months trying to get eBay to separate me from my son's account and things got real fishy just 2 weeks ago.

First off, even if eBay were to remove all restrictions from my account, I no longer have a PayPal account...........unless I want to pay PayPal the $94,000.00+ they claim my son owes them.

Now eBay comes up with a $2,247.00 amount from somewhere on their end and they tell me if I pay them this amount they will remove the restrictions from my eBay account.

This is where the status remains now and for how long I don't know.

I'm not paying eBay anything considering my eBay account owed them nothing....paid up to date as of the restriction action.

PayPal already told me that until someone pays 94 grand I no longer have a PayPal account so I can't receive PayPal payments if I could sell on eBay again. I'd have to use ProPay and I hear buyers don't accept this very well so why waste my time and money.

I'm throwing my primary issues out here for you to read so if any of this pertains to your case you could see how it's going for me.

Don't let your parents get taken by eBay by paying a dollar amount that eBay says will get them back on line because everyone I have talked to about this behavior tells me they paid the hostage fee and did not get reinstated.

Once we get linked it's over. If you don't want to go with a stealth account for eBay & PayPal, then you don't sell on eBay anymore and that's just the way it is.

I can't speak to how long trying to negotiate with these guys could go on because neither has shut me out from logging into my accounts but no matter how long this lasts they aren't going to let anything slide.

GLTU
The Following User Says Thank You to vetman90 For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (09-02-2013)
Old 09-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Sorry to hear about that, but you are 100% correct. When you owe eBay money - for whatever reason - they will always promise that if you pay it, all is forgiven and they will reinstate the account. But that never happens. Either that, or they DO reinstate it and then you get banned again a few hours later.

In all my time on this forum and helping other users, NOT ONCE have I heard that someone paid eBay a past due amount and got their account back. NOT ONCE! It is always the same story of heartbreak and broken promises.

In your son's case, it is TRULY unfortunate, because PayPal's security was breached. To my thinking, that is a deficiency in PayPal's security and THEY are at fault.