eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Digital goods selling questions etc. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/64187-digital-goods-selling-questions-etc.html)

PeHe oT PecToPaHTa 09-03-2013 09:59 PM

Digital goods selling questions etc.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...tems-ebay.html

I have read it. I have read the posts here as well.

First of all: There are many sellers selling digital goods on eBay but it depends of the eB site! Most of them are on the German version, because it's the only possible where people do not complain most of all and all is going good. Not the same thing with UK/US/AU versions. Sellers have over XXXX and XXXXXX feedbacks, selling for years digital goods (not ebooks or sth like that).

Secondly: Most of the sellers who're selling them have a "Top rated seller" badge:

http://i.imgur.com/HI11JZX.png

Maybe you have read in the past these changes. OK. 70-80% of the above sellers on DE have this badge. I'm curious about what tracking number do they provide? Because they need to meet those requirements for at least 90% of the transactions to be with an uploaded tracking numbers in the past 3 months. Don't know if this requirement is FROM Dec 2012 or so, but in the past (Sept-Nov 2011) I have personally received this badge without providing ANY tracking number in both of the places - eB + PP, + being in the "Bronze" level. If this requirement (for adding 90% at least…) is from in the end of 2012, then many of these Top rated sellers should have already lost their badges, right? Or they're providing some fаke tracking numbers OR just adding into these forms the "key number" (if they're selling keys, digital goods)?

eB have announced Top Rated Plus, haven't seen much sellers selling digital goods with this badge. Haven't seen even sellers selling physical goods with this badge, don't know why and how, just most of them are with the regular (standard) top rated badge that I've provided above. So here sellers needs again to meet the standard requirements + 1 business day shipping and tracking + 14-day a refund period.

Does anybody knows (without guessing!) what the "digital goods" sellers provide into the tracking form in order to receive:

- The standard Top rated seller badge;
- The premium Top rated Plus seller badge.

?

Definitely they're NOT sending a physical mail with "Thanks" as a blank page (don't have such time & useless).

Curious about this.

JamesNorth101 09-04-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeHe oT PecToPaHTa (Post 482620)
Definitely they're NOT sending a physical mail with "Thanks" as a blank page (don't have such time & useless).

Curious about this.

Why are you sure of this?

If I was to sell digital goods, this is exactly what I would do, and post it via a tracked service.

rsot 09-04-2013 05:29 AM

PeHE, if you want to sell digital goods AND cut corners, you will get burned by eB - it is not a good longterm business model for sellers who are not wise on the whole details.

Ukdirect 09-04-2013 05:44 AM

I sell digital goods (product codes) just like my competition but for every order I send the code out by 2nd class recorded post so I get a signature.

PeHe oT PecToPaHTa 09-04-2013 01:16 PM

How much does it costs for you? Here using the the standard government/country post (for UK is Royal Mail, for Germany is Deutsche Post, here for Bulgaria is Bulgarian Post) costs:

http://i.imgur.com/rYyqcwk.png

The same price is for Germany (my main market). A letter - 110/220 mm, price 0,08 lev. (with a peel strip). So in total: 4 BGN + 0,08 BGN = 4,08 BGN = €2,07 = £1.75 = $2.74. + every day I need to go to the local neighborhood mail post in order to buy the letters and send them abroad (to DE). So for example: 50 sold keys = 50 letters/and the abroad service for sending (singed mail with tracking) = 50 x €2,07 = €103,5 - which is huge! My profit from each sale most of the times is between €3-€4 per sale, so half of the profit or even more (60-70% sometimes if the profit is €2,5 per sale) I need to give to the post!?

Without tracking:

http://i.imgur.com/CCjkBVU.png

1 BGN + 0,08 for the letter = 1,08 BGN = €0,55 = £0.47 = $0.73 for each sending abroad without tracking number. Which tracking usually is useless for eB/PP, because it's not DHL/USPS/UPC/FedEx or sth like that in order to have a solid proof for the sending and so.

So both of the variants (with and without) tracking costs huge amount of money when the profit for each sale is so low (for the digital items).

And in the end - the Bulgarian Post does not provide as far as I know any such option like "recorded" in order the other side (buyer) to sign after receiving the letter. The only possible option that can be added is called "Notice of delivery (acknowledgement of receipt)". If this is record/singing, I don't know. It costs 2,4 BGN = €1,22 = £1.03 = $1.61. So for example: letter (0,08) without tracking but with Notice of delivery = 2,4 BGN + 0,08 = 2,48 BGN, not a huge benefit.

BG Post is the cheapest possible (not for letters only, usually for all other post-services as well - domestic and internationally). Here is DHL for example:

http://i.imgur.com/uNU6ZnX.png

http://i.imgur.com/1w7sJck.png

You don't need the converted currency into EUR/GBP/USD - it's really huge again.

rsot 09-04-2013 02:38 PM

That is pricey

MM78 09-04-2013 02:50 PM

Maybe Digital goods isn't the best thing to sell?

JamesNorth101 09-04-2013 03:25 PM

May be worth looking at other items to sell then

GreenBean 09-04-2013 04:28 PM

Is the real purpose of all this

How can I safely sell digital goods from Bulgaria and make a profit?

If so, you may find that difficult.

Surprised rsot did not recommend make multiple accounts

Spread sales

:heh:

PeHe oT PecToPaHTa 09-04-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 482836)
Maybe Digital goods isn't the best thing to sell?

Which is good then when:

– Using the cheapest possible method for posting (Bulgarian Posts) for a letter (the smallest thing) it costs you so much money for sending abroad, what about huge/weight items like physical goods? With the huge benefit that the other's party is receiving the item in most of the times in 2 WEEKS (14 days), usually around the 14th day;
– Using DHL/FedEx that costs even more money, but the other side will receive it in the next business day or the next 2 or so. The price for the delivery costs x5-x10-x20 times more than the actual item costs (no matter what is the item, physical good). Really crap…
– Having dropshippers abroad is a way, but you need to have a store/garage where to store them. A 100% verified & trusted friend that sends the items and asks for margit as well (when he/she already should have a better job in DE, of course). Useless way (too much hassle + eating the profits).

So the only possible options are:

– Domestic sales (when our country is #1 in piracy and#1 in virus-infected PCs - in the European Union). Only rich guys with a brain buy software, no one else. Useless, almost impossible to get into the market, when no one is buying games, software, movies, music. 1 from 10k people is nothing;
– Domestic sales again for physical goods – too many opened physical & digital stores for crap things from China and Taiwan, even from UK (lol) for higher prices, because they're pretended to be with a "better West quality". But again when you live into the poorest country (again into the European Union) – people do not buy too much physical things, when they don't have money to eat (for some people that's funny, for other's it's strange, but if you Google for statistics, you'll see the real side of the things, we're not AT/DE/UK/ES/IT/FR/DK/RU … – considered as rich countries).

That's why the only possible way is the digital way – mobile apps, mobile things, digital goods, all that is being "digital". No one from Europe, America or Australia will wait 5+, 10+, 14 DAYS to be delivered his good (except those people who're ordering from sites like DHgate the crap Chine things, yeah, they can wait 1+ month, np). But Germans are Germans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 482850)
Is the real purpose of all this

How can I safely sell digital goods from Bulgaria and make a profit?

No, it isn't. Read the first post again :). It's about the tracking numbers - how other "Top rated sellers" receive this status when there is a rule (which rule don't know when exactly is added - in the end of 2012 or maybe before that) asking to provide tracking numbers for 90+ of the transactions in order to receive the badge. Otherwide - no badge, no cut costs from FVF. Or they're just providing a random number, or the cd-key/code there. Because there're sellers from Hong Kong, no offices in DE. Sending physical letter will costs money for HK sellers + 2-3-4+ weeks (in this time the buyer can asks for his money back, claim/dispute/chargeback) to be received into the German's buyer home address (when the key be delivered in 5-10 minutes after the sale, almost instantly).

Again, when I way selling in the end of 2011, around Sept/Oct I've received the Top rated badge, without providing to any of the buyers any kind of tracking, NO tracking nowhere: eB, PP or directly to their e-mail, nowhere! And in the end - I've again received this badge automatically, without doing nothing, only selling, receiving positive feedbacks, DSRs and so. That's why I need to know when exactly this rule for 90% transactions into the past 3 months was being added into the eB page.

Yeah, I'll restart selling again (currently no store, badge, seller level, etc.), but will see in the future after 3-4 months if I again automatically will receive this badge or won't receive it. If no, then this means that I need to provide random tracking numbers or just the key/code into this form, in order to receive the badge after 3 months (total: over 6+ months). And that's why I'm asking in this thread, if it's possible to CUT these 6 months into just 3 if I know when exactly the "90%+ transactions in the past 3 months" rule have been added into the eB site :).

Twocoolt 09-05-2013 10:06 AM

I have bought digital goods on eBay (ebooks mostly) and I have seen sellers put in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ series of numbers and as the shipper put "email". I'm not sure how they get away with it but those sellers are still listing ebooks and putting the shipping as one-day free shipping. I would be leery consistently buying or selling that form of digital goods.
:nono:

Jack 09-05-2013 11:17 AM

Digital goods is kind of a "ify" thing to sell, and I honestly wouldn't recommend selling them because most accounts get burned. eBay also watches out for certain key words like digital, and email, however you will find sellers that still put these words and get away with it. Most of these accounts are pretty established already before selling them, and like GreenBean said you need to spread out your sales!

I don't want to seem like 2-faced because I have sold many digital goods in the past. I found that depending on what the item/product was that it could be very profitable. Buying digital goods for $5, and then selling then for $109.99. You need to be very careful doing it cause your account will be shutdown. I always send tracking out as well when selling these items.

Like I said if you can stay away from the product do so, but if you can't at least build some feedback up, and spread your sales out! As always this is my 2 cent for the day! Stay awesome! Stay Stealth!

bobbyboucher 10-31-2018 03:23 PM

Re: Digital goods selling questions etc.

An old thread i know but for the many digital sellers here the royal mail 2nd class signed for can quickly become pricey if doing large volume of sales. My margins are quite low to start so £1.78 ish per item would cost a fair whack.

Isn't there any other UK mailer cheaper for just a recorded letter?

xiooix 10-31-2018 04:40 PM

use popular company such as UPS , FEDEX and have tracking numbers so that eBay will not automatically return buyers on case open

bobbyboucher 10-31-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiooix (Post 954212)
use popular company such as UPS , FEDEX and have tracking numbers so that eBay will not automatically return buyers on case open

Sorry can you rephrase that as i did not understand it.

juke123321 10-31-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyboucher (Post 954229)
Sorry can you rephrase that as i did not understand it.

what he said, lol :ranger:

rsot 10-31-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juke123321 (Post 954276)
what he said, lol :ranger:

The poster got the 10 posts needed and revived an old thread - done.