Do you sell expensive items to members with no/little feedback? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-14-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Do you sell expensive items to members with no/little feedback?

I agree anything over like $100-150 I would feel uneasy about sending to a low feedback buyer. I would also not sell overseas to an item that high in value. If you go above $300-400 no way I would sell to a zero feedback buyer.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2013

Longevity: 79%

just had a guy from India with 0 feedback buy one of my auctions and stiff me on the money. Just $90, but still.
Old 09-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Unpaid buyer case - open it asap
Old 09-16-2013

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
just had a guy from India with 0 feedback buy one of my auctions and stiff me on the money. Just $90, but still.
I don't understand your meaning of "stiffed". You lost the revenue and the item? That's what stiffed means to me. If so how please?
Old 09-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
I don't understand your meaning of "stiffed". You lost the revenue and the item? That's what stiffed means to me. If so how please?
I put an item up for auction. Waited 10 days. Was expecting to get money from that item. Waited another 5 days to allow the guy to respond to me. Some people have legitimate reasons, so I try not to piss them off if I don't have to. Then opened up a dispute. Now I have to wait more in case the guy decides to pay last minute, like I've had people do before. All the while, I need to sell this item. I'd say that was stiffed, because stiffed means more then taking money away from someone. If my friend fails to show up for something we had planned, he stiffed me. This guy failed to pay, so he stiffed me.

Stiff.
Old 09-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Right...but you never sent out the item - while annoying, this happens ALL the time..buyer's remorse or failure to honour the deal...just open unpaid and strike his/her a$$...move on - oh and BLOCK bidder
Old 09-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,202 Times in 3,999 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
This guy failed to pay, so he stiffed me.
Pretty frequent on eBay unfortunately. To avoid, use BIN with immediate payment

At least your not down any money or items.
Old 09-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Pretty frequent on eBay unfortunately. To avoid, use BIN with immediate payment

At least your not down any money or items.
I mean, I wasn't really complaining. I replied to a thread about buyers with no feedback, and it had just happened to me.

Honestly, it's been pretty rare for me thus far. Had one other guy, but he ended up paying after awhile, and after I had opened an unpaid item against him. He even bought more stuff later.
Old 09-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
I put an item up for auction. Waited 10 days. Was expecting to get money from that item. Waited another 5 days to allow the guy to respond to me. Some people have legitimate reasons, so I try not to piss them off if I don't have to. Then opened up a dispute. Now I have to wait more in case the guy decides to pay last minute, like I've had people do before. All the while, I need to sell this item. I'd say that was stiffed, because stiffed means more then taking money away from someone. If my friend fails to show up for something we had planned, he stiffed me. This guy failed to pay, so he stiffed me.

Stiff.
I agree especially on items that have multiple bids. Other people where trying to purchase the item. Lots of items are more seasonal. It pisses me off as well when people don't pay, no contact nothing. Usually people who win then at least contact me within the first day and a half I will send a cancel transaction request. Anyone who waits longer I always open a NPB case. Even on BIN I hate NPB but Auction NPB adds injury to insult.
Old 09-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Had one other guy, but he ended up paying after awhile, and after I had opened an unpaid item against him. He even bought more stuff later.
Bought more stuff later...nice, he must have been quite satisfied with your service - unpaid strike case opening does jostle some buyers...we sellers get few tools so might as well prop them up and just move on
Old 09-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I mean, I wasn't really complaining. I replied to a thread about buyers with no feedback, and it had just happened to me.

Honestly, it's been pretty rare for me thus far. Had one other guy, but he ended up paying after awhile, and after I had opened an unpaid item against him. He even bought more stuff later.
I find it is the time waiting for the toe-rags to pay that bothers me most.

5 days and I react.

Time is money.

Money is profit.

Old 09-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I agree especially on items that have multiple bids. Other people where trying to purchase the item. Lots of items are more seasonal. It pisses me off as well when people don't pay, no contact nothing. Usually people who win then at least contact me within the first day and a half I will send a cancel transaction request. Anyone who waits longer I always open a NPB case. Even on BIN I hate NPB but Auction NPB adds injury to insult.
And even more then that, it STILL counts against your selling limits.
Old 09-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Bought more stuff later...nice, he must have been quite satisfied with your service - unpaid strike case opening does jostle some buyers...we sellers get few tools so might as well prop them up and just move on
My services were fine, but it was more that I offered something that almost no one else offered. So, it was either go to me or go to no one. He still never explained why it took almost 2 weeks to pay lol.
Old 09-18-2013

Longevity: 69%

Hey guys/girls, this may or may not help but it definitely has proved successful for me. This pertains mostly to international buyers and their "item not received" claims. I know probably 95% of these people know the system and are BS'ing. I tell them ok no problem my brother in law works for USPS and can put an advanced tracker on the package for me. Say it's a small fee but you don't mind the incurred cost so long as it resolves the issue. I tell them to contact me if it doesn't arrive tomorrow and ill have him initiate the advanced tracer.

Sometimes that is enough and you will magically receive a positive feedback from them the next day praising your service.

Then you have the stubborn buyers who ask you to initiate the tracer. I tell them that "so far" the trace shows it to be in (whatever country they are in and in possession of whichever carrier their country uses). I then say their office will be in touch with my brother in law later in the day, please notify me if it arrives in the meantime.

If that doesn't work then you have three sub options 1. Believe them 2. Accept defeat 3. Get creative

Hope this helps, please don't abuse it : ) and be sure to block countries that scam!
The Following User Says Thank You to hazy For This Useful Post:
james13v (09-18-2013)
Old 09-21-2013

Longevity: 67%

This is how I hate sellers who stated that they won't sell to 0 feedback bidders.
Who the hell where they came from? Do they realize that they also started at NOTHING.
I have some 0 FB buyers but they paid within 24h. Just respect them with a polite payment notice and they will do their job.
The Following User Says Thank You to igotsuspended For This Useful Post:
Furious George (09-21-2013)
Old 09-21-2013

Longevity: 65%

I think you'll find that the amount of fraud experienced with buyers with zero feedback is about the same as people who have high feedback. IMO, limiting your buyers costs your business money. Besides, if what they buy is worth over 250 dollars, just make a signature required for delivery and paypal will side with you for non delivery.
Old 09-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotsuspended View Post
This is how I hate sellers who stated that they won't sell to 0 feedback bidders.
Who the hell where they came from? Do they realize that they also started at NOTHING.
I have some 0 FB buyers but they paid within 24h. Just respect them with a polite payment notice and they will do their job.
yeah, when I first started at zero, I didn't buy expensive ****. i bought small things here and there.
Old 09-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
I think you'll find that the amount of fraud experienced with buyers with zero feedback is about the same as people who have high feedback. IMO, limiting your buyers costs your business money. Besides, if what they buy is worth over 250 dollars, just make a signature required for delivery and paypal will side with you for non delivery.
Game has changed for the UK a little.

Below thread mentions this

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...s-ebay-uk.html

Old 09-21-2013

Longevity: 62%

Every new seller needs to start from some where so I wouldn't block them or show them no attention. Money is money and if a buyer pays ASAP after clicking buy it now, just add sign conformation. Make sure you put auction on "immediately payment" to avoid the buyers who click buy it now and then decide to pay you later.
Old 09-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbarkey View Post
Every new seller needs to start from some where so I wouldn't block them or show them no attention. Money is money and if a buyer pays ASAP after clicking buy it now, just add sign conformation. Make sure you put auction on "immediately payment" to avoid the buyers who click buy it now and then decide to pay you later.
not to mention, a new buyer/non seller is more likely to leave poor ratings, not knowing just how much those ratings affect us, or have a clue how the selling process actually works and how much of a ball buster ebay is.
Old 09-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

All of our sales should be a case by case basis.

Good points raised by everyone.

Protect your account is always your mantra.

Happy selling

Old 09-22-2013

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Game has changed for the UK a little.

Below thread mentions this

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...s-ebay-uk.html

US is getting the same changes, not just UK. :-)