eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   ebay stopped us listing for the moment.... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/6505-ebay-stopped-us-listing-moment.html)

noel123ie 08-09-2008 12:38 PM

ebay stopped us listing for the moment....

You cannot submit your listing due to the following problems
We regret to inform you that your eBay account is prohibited from listing additional items at this time. In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. This selling limit is in no way meant to question your record with eBay or standing within the eBay community. To resolve this situation, please contact eBay's SafeHarbor Department using the Webform on the following help page.We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship. We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible.

Our account seems fine otherwiise feedback 261 1 negative(user left positive comment), 1 neutral

We are in business 3 week sell approx 60/day

This came up all of a sudden//no disputes at all

Help would be great
Noel

aksjkas 08-09-2008 02:00 PM

did you fill out the form?

noel123ie 08-09-2008 02:15 PM

we got no form we contacted t and s -

Robin E.
It looks like we have your email and it is in the correct department.
11:58:16 Robin E.
You will have a reply very soon.
11:58:23 the_mobile_connection
ok..
11:58:31 the_mobile_connection
so.. until i hear from them, i cannot list my items?
11:58:56 Robin E.
Yes, that is correct. They have the ability to increase your limit.
12:00:11 the_mobile_connection
ok .. thanks.. and how in how many days can i expect a reply from them please?
12:00:53 Robin E.
This is a separate department and I cannot provide a timeframe, I apologize.
12:01:08 the_mobile_connection
ok. thanks for letting me know everything...
12:01:10 the_mobile_connection
have a nice day..
12:01:17 Robin E.
You too. It is my pleasure to assist you and I wish you the best. Thank you for choosing eBay.
12:01:24 Robin E.
Thanks for your time.
12:01:27 Robin E.
Goodbye!

ebayhateluv 08-09-2008 02:21 PM

HI:
Sounds like you have exceeded the quota for your account, based upon a low fb of only 261...
When you get into the 2,000/3,000 range, the limits are virtually lifted, except rolex--they have a limit of like 10/day..

noel123ie 08-09-2008 02:39 PM

ok thanks so when will this be lifted what can we do

Thanks for help
Noel

noel123ie 08-10-2008 03:29 AM

Info

Hi there

Just some more info on case

Our feedback is 290.. and items sold is around 640, we normally list for 3 days but we can not now even lsit for 1/7 days

Thanks
Noel

ripoffbay 08-13-2008 09:52 PM

Noel, did you get limitation removed under your eBay account, i got the similar situation as yours now. Got my paypal limited a few days ago, then got it restored since this lunch time. when trying to list new item, i got the same msg as yours. Just wondering whether this sort of limitation will be automatically removed or not? thanks,

noel123ie 08-14-2008 07:39 AM

no

no nothing and we well low value items can not understand it

what do you sell?

Noel

ripoffbay 08-14-2008 09:13 AM

Hi Noel, i am still waiting for eBay's email reply, sent them one a while ago, also went to live chat with a guy but no help at all. just asked me to send email to that department bla bla. tried to list my item a min ago, still got limited. my item's price is vary from $150 -400 electronic parts, mobile phones etc. lucky enough, i got all my pp account money out, which is $6k when it was limited. I did not try to list some low price stuff yet, also didn't try to go with 5 or 7 day listing. I normally listed 3-day auction with $1.00 starting price, sold nearly 240 items, got 167 100% positive feedback. will keep you update, cheers.

ripoffbay 08-14-2008 10:12 AM

tried to list a similar item with 5 and 7 auction, no lucky. still couldnt do it. tried to change the category as the others suggested, still couldnt make it up. unhappy at all, no info from ebay back yet.

noel123ie 08-14-2008 10:38 AM

ok please add the mail you get back from them

how many items a day were you selling whats your feedback like

ripoffbay 08-14-2008 06:59 PM

got 232 100% positive feedbacks so far, a few positive ones are still coming today. i sold these items 4-5 items/per day, not a very high volume sales, aren't they? still no sign from eBay yet. by the way, all my feedbacks are fabulous, not too many sellers can beat me as i put all my efforts on it. my selling price was also very reasonable and competitive than the others. No any violation whatsoever....waiting for the miracle coming!

628 08-14-2008 08:25 PM

So I've been experimenting with new accounts I made recently (thanks to these forums I now have a few working accounts!). A method I use to avoid the 30-day limit is to combine the brand name with another word in the title (assuming what you're selling is a brand name).

For instance, if I'm selling Gucci, Instead of putting "GUCCI New Bla Bla" in the title, I'll put "GUCCINew Bla Bla"

"accidentally" forgetting the space in between is a way of avoiding the limit. Also make sure to put "Gucci" in the "brand" of the auction, or won't come up if anyone were to search for "gucci"

Did 3 days of experimenting this on several accounts, works flawlessly for me.

!

noel123ie 08-15-2008 04:10 AM

ropoff can you list any items at all or some i can list nothing

becca073 08-15-2008 02:57 PM

Doing this will inevitably get you suspended won't it? I see other sellers doing this to. Like instead of YSL they put Y S L. So by doing that you are getting away with listing despite the 30 day restriction eBay has placed on the account. Correct? To me that would red flag your listing like you are trying to get away with something. I'm not condeming it as we all have to do what needs to be done to sell. Just asking.

ripoffbay 08-16-2008 10:38 AM

Noel, i dont know what's happening to my account right now. since this morning i was able to list all items without any problem, seems to me the limitation on my account has gone for some reason, still no reply from ebay yet. maybe they just ignored my message, it was a very funny thing, isnt it? can you list any item now, I am listing as crazy as i can, hehe.

noel123ie 08-17-2008 05:13 AM

yes can list now how do you decide how many to list so not to get caught again?

noel123ie 08-17-2008 06:48 AM

Hi there

Our account has been unlimited but ebay have not told us what listing restrictions they put on us

Im guessing there is no way of knowing this but we need to avoid getting limited again

Will they just stop us listing over a certain no of active listings?

Also is it ok to set up a new account with same details as account that was limited?

Thanks
Noel

ripoffbay 08-18-2008 11:00 PM

at this stage i list about 7-9 my items on eBay which average price is $270 each, list 10 items for sat and sun, so far going well. listed 15 items bfore, so try to reduce down a little bit may help to avoid future limitation again. how about your story, Noel? listing as crazy as i am?? :-) Cheers,

ripoffbay 08-18-2008 11:03 PM

By the way, I don't think it is a good idea to link the new acc with your limited acc. I never do that way, as i bought our (Ebay Bible), so i am planning to create a fresh new acc shortly. the reason why we were so worried about our current acc is we only have one up and running, arent we? better do it now, regards.

GreenBean 08-18-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noel123ie (Post 55151)
Will they just stop us listing over a certain no of active listings?
Also is it ok to set up a new account with same details as account that was limited?

Thanks
Noel

You should be able to work out a ratio of feedback to number of items to list.
Take into account value of items to be sold and value of items with earned feedback.
Not recommended in any way to create a new account like that. Remember
if you LINK accounts, lose one, then probably any others are lost as well.

bblumber 11-12-2008 12:48 PM

Well I have had two "limits" placed on my account for the 3 years it has been up on ebay. Both of which came as our ebay store was growing and we started to list more items. Our explanation was like all of yours, where they said that all accounts get limits placed on them until further review. Well two months ago, our third "limit" was placed on our account. Again with the same vague explanation as to why, and again saying our account will be reviewed further in time. We tried calling and writing every possible angle to get in touch with ebay with no explanation of what this new "limit" is, or why it was put there. But here's the strange part: When the "limit" was first placed on our account, we would have over 300 active listings on the site. Since then, the number has gradually decreased to where now we are only allowed 150 active items on the site. So this "limit" has been increasing and increasing as time goes on. Our last email has recieved no reply for over two weeks now, and our increasing phone calls have answered nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be going on?

My personal take on it (at this point) could be that ebay is total bull**** (which we all kinda knew). And that they may put these unexplained restrictions on accounts who work around the rules. (we have a third party software that manages our listings that directs buyers to complete checkout from our website, we have changed our item titles after the recent ebay change to not allow multiple listing with the same titles) so i think they may possible have a little grudge against us for working around there stupid policies. I'm not at all saying that's whats going on, just saying its a possibility now that we are dealing with an increasingly greedy ebay company, that is obviously looking out for themselves only. Anyway, if anyone has any knowledge about getting account limits increased, let me know. I'd really like to get back to making money here?!?!?!?!

thanks guys, and cool forum by the way, this is my first post.

Brian