PLEASE HELP. New account asked to verify information. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-04-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default PLEASE HELP. New account asked to verify information.

So I opened two paypal accounts, linked them to bank account and a card. None of the information is linked to my suspended account. I linked ebay with the accounts with the same information. I did not try selling anything. Two days later I got this messages:

Hello

After reviewing your account, we've made the decision to restrict your ability to sell until you provide us with additional information. There are 2 ways that you can do this--through My eBay or the next time you sell.

To start the process through My eBay:
1. Click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You may need to sign in.
2. Select the "All Selling" option in the "Sell" section on the left side of the page (or in the "Selling Manager Summary").
3. Click the "Request higher selling limits" link in the monthly selling limits section.

To start the process the next time you sell, click the "request higher selling limits" link in the alert message the next time you try to list an item.

Any idea why this is happening?

Last edited by joanna4051; 11-04-2013 at 09:47 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: PLEASE HELP. New account asked to verify information.

First, Please remove vital info from your thread (your ebay user ID and email)
Did you use the same Info, Name, Address, Phone, CC, Bank on both Paypals? If so that probably did it.

Also did you make these accounts from the same IP?
Did you clear out cookies?
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
joanna4051 (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna4051 View Post

Any idea why this is happening?
It happened because ebay sees you as a high risk user.

You can try calling, I've cleared a couple by calling, but it's a tough process to beat, really just depends on the ebay rep to speak to on the phone.

On October first they started a new process caused "Automated Limit Reduction".

ALR is a program that ebay has developed to spot likely stealth users. It may be random, or it may be done by criteria, but since Oct 1, 13 out of 28 accounts I've made, have received this MC999, prior to selling, and usually within 72 hours of account creation. I have not figured out the trigger, though I suspect I may have figured it out last week, if my experiment works I'll have a good idea soon.

Prior to Oct 1 of this year, I had never encountered this issue, so I'm pretty positive it was put in place at that time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to corleone For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (11-05-2013), glacier922 (11-07-2013), joanna4051 (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 60%

I am very curious as to what this trigger could be.
Old 11-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post

You can try calling, I've cleared a couple by calling, but it's a tough process to beat, really just depends on the ebay rep to speak to on the phone.

ALR is a program that ebay has developed to spot likely stealth users. It may be random, or it may be done by criteria, but since Oct 1, 13 out of 28 accounts I've made, have received this MC999, prior to selling, and usually within 72 hours of account creation. I have not figured out the trigger, though I suspect I may have figured it out last week, if my experiment works I'll have a good idea soon.

Prior to Oct 1 of this year, I had never encountered this issue, so I'm pretty positive it was put in place at that time.

If you do find out please let us know! I also have not had this problem before. Opened 11 other accounts without any issues. Last week I opened 4 more and 3 of them got the message. I actually just called about one of them, not expecting anything as I know what it's like to deal with ebay. Like you said it depends on the representative you get. I was routed through three different departments. The Trust and Safety asked one of the verification questions and said that for some reason my address does not match what I have in public records. Miraculously, after I told her that I have NOT even tried to sell anything she said that I am right and tha it is strange. She not only lifted the restriction but increased from the original 10/$1,000 to 25/$2000. I did not get this lucky on the next call. I am about to get an email with the documents they will request from me. I am wondering if having an IP from the same city opened on the same days could be the trigger?
Old 11-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by corleone View Post

Also may I ask how you know about the new ALR program? I'd love to do some research and try different approaches to see what the trigger may be.
Old 11-04-2013

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Also may I ask how you know about the new ALR program? I'd love to do some research and try different approaches to see what the trigger may be.
Talking to so many different reps and fishing for info from the ones who were less sharp.
The Following User Says Thank You to corleone For This Useful Post:
joanna4051 (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Hah
Whenever I've called I feel like I am talking to a computer that responds with a scripted message. I decided it was useless but after calling today and getting one reinstated and hearing your response I might start training for the ebay calls. Thank You for your responses!
Old 11-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
First, Please remove vital info from your thread (your ebay user ID and email)
Did you use the same Info, Name, Address, Phone, CC, Bank on both Paypals? If so that probably did it.

Also did you make these accounts from the same IP?
Did you clear out cookies?
I'm quite familiar with stealth account creations so I don;t see anything that I could have done wrong or different. Everything according to the Stealth Book. I've successfully created 12 other accounts so I feel like this is something new ebay is implementing.
Old 11-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

I have to ask did these account have any buying feedback? Just curious because I know some users say they always buy a few cheap items etc. Register the accounts as Buying only and Personal PP, then when they get ready to sell the convert or upgrade them. Whatever you want to call it.
Old 11-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Hah
Whenever I've called I feel like I am talking to a computer that responds with a scripted message. I decided it was useless but after calling today and getting one reinstated and hearing your response I might start training for the ebay calls. Thank You for your responses!
Congratz on getting one reinstated - definitely kudos on that. What happened to the other one?
Old 11-05-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
I have to ask did these account have any buying feedback? Just curious because I know some users say they always buy a few cheap items etc. Register the accounts as Buying only and Personal PP, then when they get ready to sell the convert or upgrade them. Whatever you want to call it.
NO. The funny thing is that I did NOT even try selling on those accounts yet.
Old 11-05-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Congratz on getting one reinstated - definitely kudos on that. What happened to the other one?
The other ones I got reps from oversees, I was asked three multiple choice quetions (what car are you associated with, which past address are you associated with etc.). I couldn't answer any so I was sent an email with what documents I need to submit. That is ID and a utility bill.
Old 11-05-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yea I made 10 accounts last week 2 got this MC999, both I had to send ID TO ebay vetting .

The one was lifted the other it's been 9 days since I faxed the info ill called 4 days after like they said than called again Sunday

The Reps have no idea what's going on everytime I call it's like the first time , they have no notes on my previous calls , than after I tell them I sent it in and it was received 5 days ago when I called Sunday they just give the run around saying they need 5 business days to verify which they said 5 days ago.

I always feel when every I send documents in , it's like they make u wait and keep calling , and than If I keep on it I get someone who is helpful and the account gets reinstated

It's like there. Told to keep us waiting so most people just give the account up and the couple that stay with it get if back. But they probably have a million documents all over the place
Old 11-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
The other ones I got reps from oversees, I was asked three multiple choice quetions (what car are you associated with, which past address are you associated with etc.). I couldn't answer any so I was sent an email with what documents I need to submit. That is ID and a utility bill.
You replied none of the above to each?
Old 11-05-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
You replied none of the above to each?
Only got to the first one and she said it must be something with the system then asked what Iw ill be selling, how soon will I be shipping and proceeded to reinstate.