Buyer Ripping You Off Item Not Recieved! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-07-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Buyer Ripping You Off Item Not Recieved!

Clearly being ripped off... Its annoying when its obvious and you know theres nothing you can do about it!

Had an item on eBay, selling it as completely faulty, broken parts, no power, spares or repairs etc and someone starts asking questions including what happens when its tested with software on the computer, to which I say I dont know as I dont have the software to install. So he haggles me down to a lower price and buys it. Auction states 1st class royal mail and I tell him its been sent by 1st class royal mail after id sent it to which they respond ok.

A few days later I get a message saying if they can have the tracking number and then a couple of hours later they open a dispute saying item not received, requested tracking number, no reply!

The person that buys it has an account thats a couple of months old and buys and sells similar items... So im thinking they thought they might be able to salvage it but when realising they cant aim to get their money back via the paypal golden buyer hand shake!

The evidence:

They ask what happens when the items plugged in to a computer with software, this would tell them if it could be saved or not, but I dont have the software but they still buy the item.

It was sent 1st class post, they were fully informed and they know that 1st class isnt tracked as they sell items themselves.

They ask for a tracking number and within hours open a dispute saying nothing but item not received, requested tracking number, no reply! Which is all eBay need to know in order to give out a refund.

They buy similar faulty items and sell similar repaired items, on an account thats a couple of months old.

Yes ok none of that is evidence... But its clear to me whats going on and they are certainly more experienced than a two month old eBayer with less than 50 feedback.

Its just so annoying when you know its happening but theres nothing you can do about it, in the good old days you could argue it out with them and state they clearly knew there was no tracking so why ask for it etc and most of the times catch them out... and eBay would read through the dispute and decide in the sellers favour! But these days get to many disputes closed in the buyers favour and your dashboard doesnt meet their expectations and your gone, so your forced to give out refunds no questions asked!

RANT OVER
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-07-2013

Longevity: 71%
Default Re: Buyer Ripping You Off Item Not Recieved!

oh so what happen?
Old 11-07-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

This is why I coined the phrase "professional buyer".

We have to deal with people who sit on ebay all day long just looking for the perfect opportunity to steal from us.
Old 11-07-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGhost View Post
oh so what happen?
Nothing yet GreenGhost... which I guess is another twist to the situation.

When they asked for the tracking they new didnt exist they opened a dispute a couple of hours later saying I didnt reply... Like a couple of hours is the seller not replying!

So the twist... Ive asked them twice now if the item has arrived, on two seperate days and guess what... No reply!

@ Sandy, your right... Im certain a buyer could do many claims and go undetected by eBay. Just as long as you buy lots of items "you do recieve" then if your a crook you can easily have many go missing, especially as sellers are too scared to not give instant refunds in fear of losing their accounts!
Old 11-07-2013

Longevity: 65%

Dealing with buyers who ask a lot of questions and haggle you is just begging for trouble.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
Dealing with buyers who ask a lot of questions and haggle you is just begging for trouble.
Yea, I agree. I use to kinda browse through their feedback see what it looked like if I recognized and sellers that sold similar items as me. Now that eBay has changed that feature. I normally just block these people. In my 8 or so years on eBay I have learned that these kind of customers almost always cause the most problems. They waste your time, then they want to nit pick at every little detail. I would personally tell them you can't help them and recommend your competitor. Let them be their problem.
Old 11-08-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

I just block them , I have a set of questions in my mind that are what buyers in the past ask and say so once that starts that's it I add them and move on

My items sell 99.99% some accounts are 100% list sell ratio. So of a buyer is trouble before the transaction they will most likely be after and if in wrong ill never know because it was purchased by someone anyway that didn't drive me nutts
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I just block them , I have a set of questions in my mind that are what buyers in the past ask and say so once that starts that's it I add them and move on

My items sell 99.99% some accounts are 100% list sell ratio. So of a buyer is trouble before the transaction they will most likely be after and if in wrong ill never know because it was purchased by someone anyway that didn't drive me nutts
For real. I just don't have the profit or margins on these items to care. I would rather lose out on multiple sales than have one return or one problematic eBayer.
Old 11-08-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

It says when u check it off blocked buyers are will be blocked from emailing u but that doesn't work because I always get that email why did u block me usually I ignore it but say its automatic and u must of either opened too many cases recently against sellers , haven't paid for items u bid and won and etc and usually that's it so they must of fell in that criteria also
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
It says when u check it off blocked buyers are will be blocked from emailing u but that doesn't work because I always get that email why did u block me usually I ignore it but say its automatic and u must of either opened too many cases recently against sellers , haven't paid for items u bid and won and etc and usually that's it so they must of fell in that criteria also
Yup, I have a few buddies who sell similar items. We trade names of problematic buyers. Helps cut way down on all the the b.s.
Old 11-08-2013

Did you get proof of postage? It may be possible to make a claim with the royal mail?
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich6666 View Post
Did you get proof of postage? It may be possible to make a claim with the royal mail?
Got the proof of postage, whats the deal with claiming off royal mail these days... Their prices have rocketed and I hear they are giving out less in compo too!
Old 11-09-2013

I block buyers that ask dumb or seem troublesome with questions and just ignore them and move on - no sale is better than a bad sale that can ruin your account. Waste of time and I always a feeling in the back of my mind they will come back to bite me on the ass.
The Following User Says Thank You to LilyPily For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (11-10-2013)
Old 11-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyPily View Post
I block buyers that ask dumb or seem troublesome with questions and just ignore them and move on - no sale is better than a bad sale that can ruin your account. Waste of time and I always a feeling in the back of my mind they will come back to bite me on the ass.
Agreed, I would rather miss out on 5 sales being careful than deal with some potential buyer that might cause a problem with a return, low dsrs or negative feedback.
Old 11-10-2013

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
+1

I usually block buyers that ask too many questions. They are usually up to no good.
The Following User Says Thank You to sumjuaninca For This Useful Post:
Ukdirect (11-25-2013)
Old 11-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Issued refund and got a neut feedback and low stars in return...