SCAMMING BUYERS:How I Got My money's worth from a few - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-08-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default SCAMMING BUYERS:How I Got My money's worth from a few

I have been noticing more and more ebay buyers abusing the system, opening claims or threatening to open one in the hopes of keeping the item and getting the money back. Or even better, competitors creating ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts and outbidding everyone on an item and never paying for it. I found out the hard way after having to wait over two weeks to relist. I was getting a sob story about how he/she is trying to get the money together etc. She/he really put a lot of effort into it.

BEWARE OF BUYERS WITH "0" FEEDBACK, ESPECIALLY IF THE ACCOUNT WAS JUST OPENED THE SAME DAY OF A FEW DAYS BEFORE. BLOCK RIGHT AWAY AND CANCEL BIDS. I'VE ALSO HAD ONE WITH A FEW FEEDBACK ON SMALL ITEMS ON AN ACCOUNT OPENED THE WEEK BEFORE. ALL NON-PAYMENTS.

One in particular was very clever. This lady, who also sells small time things, bought a product from me. It was small enough to put in an envelope and weighted about 5oz.

Since I had tracking, she could not open a "Item Not Received Claim" and if she opened a "Item not as Described" she'd have to return it. So what was her solution?

She opened an "Item Not as described" and claimed that she received an empty envelope. It was one of those sealable plastic ones so if someone opened it it would be cut. She said it was not tempered with.

I responded to ebay and sent them an image and a fax copy of the receipt from the post office that indicated the weight of the shipped item, which as I pointed out, was way over what an empty envelope and possible some tissue paper would weight. Ebay of course refunds her money and she does not have to ship anything back.

Now I know what I did was unethical and its not something I in any way am endorsing but I wanted to share the story. I still have two buyer accounts with my shipping address. I ordered a few items from this seller that equaled the value of what she "got" from me, and when I received, not only did I go the same route she did but I also left negative feedback.

After getting my money back and NUMEROUS furious email from the seller, including one that said "go steal from someone else!" I asked if she remembers doing that to me a month or so ago (of course I didn't say which account). She asked what my ID was. It looks like mine was not the only incident.

Last edited by joanna4051; 11-08-2013 at 01:03 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joanna4051 For This Useful Post:
Abreaks (11-10-2013), joesshooze (11-08-2013), kittylove (11-11-2013), nyc (11-14-2013), r00tk3y (11-09-2013), stanislav (11-09-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: SCAMMING BUYERS:How I Got My money's worth from a few

@joanna4051, while purists would say that screwing over another seller is incorrect....sometimes you have to take the law into your own hands - nice story - you got your money's worth back.

I hope you did NOT give your ID ...especially via eB e-mails.

I dont find it so unethical - any buyer who does what she did is out to screw people - pay it back
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
kittylove (11-11-2013), madmuppet303 (11-08-2013), stanislav (11-09-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

No, I did not give my ID. I agree, scamming other sellers is not the way to go but I was so fed up with all the loses, and she especially infuriated me as I sent her a few messages practically begging to close the case and tell the truth. Her response was "I'm sorry for your situation but the envelope was empty".

Interestingly, she did not open the case until about a week after delivery when I messaged her to "make sure she was happy with her purchase" (yes, I was fishing for feedback. ANother no,no but I was desperate as it was a relatively new account). Let's just say that I normally cut my losses and move on but in this situation the anger got the best of me. Enough to wait it out for a month!
Old 11-08-2013

Longevity: 63%

Having the same problem myself at the moment...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...-recieved.html
Old 11-08-2013

Longevity: 74%

What about bible and revelations teachings where if you get slapped you are suppose to turn your other cheek?
Now, do you really think that a real scammer will be buying from the account that scammer is using to sell? I really don't think so (however, some ppl are really dumb lol ). The reason I'm being skeptical, I get a couple of those (the envelop was empty) in 3 months or so. Plus having a business account I even has USPS send me an empty envelop with a bunch of paper work (done by post office) trying to locate the content.

I know it is not a fairytale and some of those "empty envelops are scams" but I'm most certain that 90% of this is the monkeys that work at the post officewith their hands growing out of their asses.
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebanned View Post
Having the same problem myself at the moment...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...-recieved.html
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get tracking. It is an extra $0.80 (?) but protects you from these type of "buyers".
Old 11-08-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artann View Post
What about bible and revelations teachings where if you get slapped you are suppose to turn your other cheek?
Now, do you really think that a real scammer will be buying from the account that scammer is using to sell? I really don't think so (however, some ppl are really dumb lol ). The reason I'm being skeptical, I get a couple of those (the envelop was empty) in 3 months or so. Plus having a business account I even has USPS send me an empty envelop with a bunch of paper work (done by post office) trying to locate the content.

I know it is not a fairytale and some of those "empty envelops are scams" but I'm most certain that 90% of this is the monkeys that work at the post officewith their hands growing out of their asses.
If that is the case, I'd feel absolutely terrible. In fact I already am. lol
Having said that, that is another rant I can go on and on about! The 10 or so packages I ordered this month, 5 got "lost", "missent" or are being "processed" over and over at the same center. One is said to be "delivered" yet I did not get anything (this happened 3 times this year). I try to be a bigh gov. supported but this is too much.

Never an empty envelope though.
Old 11-08-2013

Not in the UK its not... 1st class delivery was £3.00 or Special Delivery With Tracking Was £8.25 so its a huge jump over here! There is no other way to use tracking unless you use a courier, which sometimes isnt an option!
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebanned View Post
Not in the UK its not... 1st class delivery was £3.00 or Special Delivery With Tracking Was £8.25 so its a huge jump over here! There is no other way to use tracking unless you use a courier, which sometimes isnt an option!
Depending on the size of the parcel, you can get items sent recorded in the UK from £1.60 upwards.

You can also use companies like ipostparcels for larger items who deliver with tracking from £4 upwards.

If its value is over £30 or £40 its always worth paying the extra few £ to have it tracked, just incase.
Old 11-08-2013

Longevity: 69%

Good for you. I always love to hear when the bad guys get a taste of their own medication.
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 68%

It is very simple. If you are sure you have a competitor that is trying to derail your business then you should do whatever it takes to bury them. Absolutely destroy their business. Then go back and destroy it some more. Don't stop using whatever tactic until their entire family has starved to death and they have hung themselves or jumped off a bridge.

This is only after you are sure of it. No one from the forum should be able to shake your confidence, in your decision, after the fact. This should only be done as a retaliatory strike. If you are someone doing this just to gain a competitive edge then I hope someone buries you the same way.

Also pride should not play a part in it. I completely agreed with the OP until she mentioned letting the seller know that she got revenge on them. What is the point of that other then self-satisfaction. If anything it could be enough evidence to have the negative feedback removed and your buyer account suspended.

Last edited by Futuremogul888; 11-08-2013 at 09:51 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Futuremogul888 For This Useful Post:
Abreaks (11-10-2013), LilyPily (11-09-2013), random_user (11-13-2013), vogeltron (11-25-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Remind me to never cross Futuremogul888!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (11-09-2013), BigCJ (11-08-2013), joanna4051 (11-09-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

MM, FM is saying is that its Karma...

You can do it, and have pride doing it....but dont get upset when it comes back to bite you in the bum in the future.

Still....Please also remind me never to cross him
Old 11-08-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artann View Post

Ballocks. In over 10k shipments with USPS I have never had 1 empty envelope. Lost, yes. Empty, no. I have had envelopes torn but they were always retaped or put inside another envelope and were marked 'damaged in processing.'
Old 11-09-2013

Longevity: 66%

A very niche market I sell, one seller was so angry she contacted all forums and websites in this market (Facebook, multiple forums etc) and all the administrators, sellers and potential buyers have removed her or blocked her from doing any business. She bought an item, put in a SNAD and then return the item damaged on more than one occassion.

Don't rip sellers off - a small % of them will be motivated to get you back that's for sure!
Old 11-09-2013

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
It is very simple. If you are sure you have a competitor that is trying to derail your business then you should do whatever it takes to bury them. Absolutely destroy their business. Then go back and destroy it some more. Don't stop using whatever tactic until their entire family has starved to death and they have hung themselves or jumped off a bridge.

This is only after you are sure of it. No one from the forum should be able to shake your confidence, in your decision, after the fact. This should only be done as a retaliatory strike. If you are someone doing this just to gain a competitive edge then I hope someone buries you the same way.

Also pride should not play a part in it. I completely agreed with the OP until she mentioned letting the seller know that she got revenge on them. What is the point of that other then self-satisfaction. If anything it could be enough evidence to have the negative feedback removed and your buyer account suspended.
I was doing the same thing.I was deleting other ppl ebay accounts,i think more than 30 in 4 years.Sellers who buy an item from me,ask for money back and next day they sell my item..and gave me negative feedback..Sellers(competitors) who made complains against me to ebay..Cheater buyers..Easy to found who made bad things..
And after 4 years i wake up in the morning and my account..closed..
I never tell them that i was the guy who delete their account but they know who was,because they do bad things to me before..
Remember that:
A person who doesn't have anything to lose is the most dangerous!
I became a target for those people who had nothing to lose.
"Don't stop using whatever tactic until their entire family has starved to death and they have hung themselves or jumped off a bridge."
They will not jump off from a bridge.Their sole purpose in life becomes to destroy you!!!
So ..i am not sorry for all that guys,they deserved what they get.
I just tell you guys that :
Who pick up the sword will perish by the sword.
Do not do bad things.If you do that,punish will come,soon or later..
And remember..for a guy who already read this forum it's easy to recognize an stealth account..
Live and let other to live..
Old 11-09-2013

Longevity: 67%

Best tatic for scammer buyers competition is to

Order from them. Then request all details when ebay gives to u.

Find your worse ip linked address of all time. Make new account with the linked bad hot ip address and use their address and phone number and list p90x. Ip address phone number address and p90 x. All together will shut down your new ebay pp you just made with their info. And will automatically link them.

Just saying I have 2 other ways. But will share that one. This is for scammer buyer thats verified and u know is ur competition. Good luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dunersdunes For This Useful Post:
Abreaks (11-10-2013), LilyPily (11-09-2013), random_user (11-13-2013)
Old 11-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post

haha Not in the same vulgar tone but I agree with you. The problem is with those sellers that create the new buyer account, bid on your items and probably report your items as well. I've tried to figure out who they are by location, there was one from Ontario Canada for example, by going down listing of the same item but it's almost impossible and I can't do that to someone that can be innocent in this.

And as to your last comment, telling her was not for self-satisfaction but I was hoping that if she knows someone is aware she is doing it and can retaliate back, she wil not do that again.
Old 11-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunersdunes View Post

Find your worse ip linked address of all time. Make new account with the linked bad hot ip address and use their address and phone number and list p90x. Ip address phone number address and p90 x. All together will shut down your new ebay pp you just made with their info. And will automatically link them.

Just saying I have 2 other ways. But will share that one. This is for scammer buyer thats verified and u know is ur competition. Good luck
Ha! I though I was clever. That is quite a tactic. Now any ideas on how to better identify them? I get so many that create a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account, bid on my items and although I block them and cancel bids, my listing somehow gets taken down due to the fact that it "raised some concerns among the community". Why are people so afraid of a little healthy competition? Pathetic.
Old 11-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Zoneout, I agree. So many shipments both sent and received and like you said, lost yes but never empty.
Old 11-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna4051 View Post
Ha! I though I was clever. That is quite a tactic. Now any ideas on how to better identify them? I get so many that create a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account, bid on my items and although I block them and cancel bids, my listing somehow gets taken down due to the fact that it "raised some concerns among the community". Why are people so afraid of a little healthy competition? Pathetic.
No need to cancel bids..
In my lists i specify who can buy from me..
You must have ebay account at least 6 month old,only positive feedback.
Ebay have their rules,i have my own rules..
On this way i keep my account with 100% feedback and no trouble at all..
I know that i lose some money.But i am safe.
I was looking in my old closed account i was surprise to see how many "new buyers" are NARU now..More than half.And they make my life a hell..Professional buyers..Cheater sellers..
Old 11-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunersdunes View Post

I know more..
But i just telling you guys do not do something like this..It will hit you like a boomerang.Now i have a policy and when a seller try to do something i just tell him:
"I Know What You Did Last Summer"
Ha!Ha!