What to do about aged ebay account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-12-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default What to do about aged ebay account?

I bought an aged ebay account. The seller sells goods very different from mine

and does not use up all the selling limit. I changed almost all the information at

once because I did not want the seller trying to convert the account back.

Anytime I try listing my items, ebay thinks the account is hacked and resets

password. What should I do please?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-12-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: What to do about aged ebay account?

You raised up a lot of security flags and this is a big security issue with Paypal

You will probably need the original owner to call in and he will need to provide all kinds of documents proving the account was his and all the changes made were by him or her

The account is at big risk level now, and hopefully the original owner is willing to work this out for you and has some knowledge of how to handle this and access to all the info on the account. Because right now they think the account was hacked or sold either is prohibited

Hopefully you didn't change the registration name or business contact name if it was a business account which you would only be able to do with submitting documents and getting paypal approval , but yea don't keep trying to log in and contact the original owner , you will need them to help u out of this

Tough situation , for future you need to gradually change information over time. Start with adding an email than a week later change password , this is a critical part in taking over an account and needs to be handled with patience
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
qadaora4u (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
You raised up a lot of security flags and this is a big security issue with Paypal

You will probably need the original owner to call in and he will need to provide all kinds of documents proving the account was his and all the changes made were by him or her

The account is at big risk level now, and hopefully the original owner is willing to work this out for you and has some knowledge of how to handle this and access to all the info on the account. Because right now they think the account was hacked or sold either is prohibited

Hopefully you didn't change the registration name or business contact name if it was a business account which you would only be able to do with submitting documents and getting paypal approval , but yea don't keep trying to log in and contact the original owner , you will need them to help u out of this

Tough situation , for future you need to gradually change information over time. Start with adding an email than a week later change password , this is a critical part in taking over an account and needs to be handled with patience
I was able to log back into Ebay by confirming through mobile number. The

seller told me that he called them and convinced them that it is not hacked. I

am still scared that once I try to list items, ebay will reset the password. As

of now I can log into the account. What should I do to make ebay less

suspicious. Should I wait for 30 days before I list to sell, what should I do. I

didn't change the registration name or business contact name. I don't have

any issue with paypal for now. Please how can I avoid having issues with

them? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by qadaora4u; 11-12-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-12-2013

Longevity: 80%

I would be spending some time browsing and building up cookies and history etc bidding on a few items on this account to let it cool off. Ideally start selling similar items to the previous seller to not raise any further flags to start off with
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbill For This Useful Post:
qadaora4u (11-12-2013)