MC008 Temporary Restriction - very strange - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default MC008 Temporary Restriction - very strange

One of my oldest accounts just got hit with an MC008 notice. I have seen these before, but usually they are indefinite restrictions, or they ask for some sort of specific information. This one did not:

A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited any associated fees to your account.

To help you be a successful seller and ensure a safe experience on eBay, we sometimes restrict selling activity, end active items, or suspend accounts until additional information can be verified or obtained. These actions are not necessarily meant to be a reflection of your account's activity, but rather a preventative measure.

To learn more about eBay's User Agreement, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

To appeal this restriction, please review the following guidelines:

Please reply to this email after the above requirements have been met, and we will begin the appeal process. Also, please be aware that we may ask you to provide additional information to appeal this restriction.

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible. We look forward to working with you to restore your selling privileges.

Thanks,

eBay

So, I replied and asked what the problem was. This account was only selling books for the longest time. More than 1,000 listings were removed, which will be a total pain-in-the-@$$ to relist, assuming I get the account back.

Has anyone else had any recent experiences with these?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: MC008 Temporary Restriction - very strange

Normally the MC008 is indefinite selling restriction I never seen that on books too

I'd call in, are u allowed to list any category
Old 11-13-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Nope. I'm going to wait to see what their emailed response is. This was one of my first stealth accounts, made BEFORE I realized that you should only make accounts in your own gender in case you need to call in at some point.
Old 11-13-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yea but I honestly don't think that matters because if they see a girls name and it sounds like a guy what are they going to say, they won't come at u and say are you a guy and do why do you have such a girly name and the reps you talk with are in the Philippines and they can't say our names like we can't pronounce there's
Old 11-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Certain names go well with that gender issue: Taylor, Alex, Jamie...ha long list - but back to topic.
Old 11-13-2013

Longevity: 60%

Well i had one and looks like this

In order to help keep eBay safe, we've restricted your listing activity in the Books category. You won't be able to list any items in this category. However, you can still list and sell items in other categories.

This restriction will remain in place indefinitely. Our decision was based on evidence from our records. We're concerned about your selling practices and business model when selling these items, and we don't feel they promote a positive buying and selling environment.

Please remember that you can't use other accounts or register new accounts to sell these items on eBay. If you do, your accounts could be limited, restricted, or suspended.

To learn more about this restriction, you can contact us at:
http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&Domain=H&Query=2631&fromH6 9594&target="_blank"

Sincerely,

All different types of MC008 i see, i can see the outcome though list in different one days later blammmmm banned
Old 11-13-2013

Well i had one and looks like this

In order to help keep eBay safe, we've restricted your listing activity in the Books category. You won't be able to list any items in this category. However, you can still list and sell items in other categories.

This restriction will remain in place indefinitely. Our decision was based on evidence from our records. We're concerned about your selling practices and business model when selling these items, and we don't feel they promote a positive buying and selling environment.

Please remember that you can't use other accounts or register new accounts to sell these items on eBay. If you do, your accounts could be limited, restricted, or suspended.

To learn more about this restriction, you can contact us at:
http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&Domain=H&Query=2631&fromH6 9594&target="_blank"

Sincerely,

All different types of MC008 i see, i can see the outcome though list in different one days later blammmmm banned

Quote:
So, I replied and asked what the problem was. This account was only selling books for the longest time. More than 1,000 listings were removed, which will be a total pain-in-the-@$$ to relist, assuming I get the account back.
how long did you run your account till that happened?
Old 11-13-2013

hi to all, mine MC008 is indefinite for all categories. they are uncomfortable with my business model and etc...
Old 11-13-2013
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley View Post
how long did you run your account till that happened?
Over 4 years.
Old 11-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Usually see this for Category restrictions. One of my friends got a similar limitation on his "legit" eBay account about two weeks ago. He called in and talked to a few people higher up at Trust and Safety. I don't know if what they said is true or not but they basically told him if you list too many of a certain item or you have to much QTY listed in various items. eBay runs algorithms to determine all kinds of risk factors. That includes DSRs and Feedback etc.

Not sure what you where listing. But if it is anything on the high risk side even on a well established account, I would advise always sprinkling in some really low risk things on every account to balance it out.

I hope for your sake this is one of those things that just passes. I always hated losing accounts that had been good for such a long time like that.
Old 11-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Got one on my stealth account too although for a different cat

Dear xxx

In order to help keep eBay safe, we've restricted your listing activity in the Mobile Phones & PDA Accessory category. You won't be able to list any items in this category. However, you can still list and sell items in other categories.

To learn more about this restriction, you can contact us by following the instructions at:
http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&Domain=H&Query=2631&fromH6 9630&target="_blank";

Sincerely,

eBay

Thing is I've not sold any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or vero items just good ole plain generic cases... wonder if this is part of an ebay strategy or some kinda of glitch since alot of us are having these lately??
Old 11-15-2013

Quote:
Thing is I've not sold any ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or vero items just good ole plain generic cases... wonder if this is part of an ebay strategy or some kinda of glitch since alot of us are having these lately??
if it was you would of probably been hit with a different code rather than a MC008
Old 11-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

True but then I'm curious now as to why alot of us are getting hit with these MC008's now of late since there appears to be nothing done to promote this?

If I was selling vero or was having low DSRs or neg reported recently then I could understand but I only have 1 neg and no low DSRs at all. So I'm confused at to what the trigger is??
Old 11-16-2013

OP, I learned that gender same acct. might be good idea the hard way and still called and was never asked. Had I, I would have said that was sexual discrimination as could be transgender, gay or otherwise. I spent 2 decades doing technical support & CS on the telephone and have been mistaken on somebody's gender many times by voice recognition.
Old 03-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
One of my oldest accounts just got hit with an MC008 notice. I have seen these before, but usually they are indefinite restrictions, or they ask for some sort of specific information. This one did not:

A review of your eBay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines in eBay's User Agreement. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted. You won't be able to list new items. You're also not allowed to register a new account.
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.

To help you be a successful seller and ensure a safe experience on eBay, we sometimes restrict selling activity, end active items, or suspend accounts until additional information can be verified or obtained. These actions are not necessarily meant to be a reflection of your account's activity, but rather a preventative measure.

Please reply to this email after the above requirements have been met, and we will begin the appeal process. Also, please be aware that we may ask you to provide additional information to appeal this restriction.

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible. We look forward to working with you to restore your selling privileges.

Thanks,

eBay

Has anyone else had any recent experiences with these?
Hi there did you have any luck reinstating the account? I got hit with the SAME message as you today. Any advice? Thank you in advance!!!!
Old 03-08-2014

I just got this today, which is super frustrating- I was hit with a mc99 and I called in and got it lifted, then immediately was hit with the MC008- the ebay rep said he would send me an email telling me how to improve sales yadda yadda, now they want my ID, proof of residence and invoices...new account...I will let it die and start fresh. Furious.
Old 03-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

ebay is handing out WEIRD notices over the last 4 days.

I have notices for accounts that do not exist.

Old 03-09-2014

Hi Greenie:

Any suggestions what I should do? Got the SAME message as OP:

Thanks,

eBay

Now, notice where it says "To appeal this restriction, review the following guidelines..." Then, there is NO FURTHER INFORMATION!! Just to e-mail them once the criteria have been met. So weird!! I have e-mailed them twice, courteously and professionally, and told them I would provide them anything they need to get my account reinstated. Still have not heard back in about 5 days. I'm debating calling them, even though I hate doing so. However, my account is stealth 2 years old, has 2400+ positive feedback, Top Rated Powerseller, and has 1200/112,000 limit. I have "gotten creative" with some documents in preparation for what they may ask for. Please help me with ANYTHING you can!!! Thank you so much!!!!
Old 03-09-2014

Longevity: 80%

Hey jeff, any update on what happened to this account?
Old 03-10-2014

I need to figure out documents because damn
Old 03-11-2014

UPDATE: Contacted eBay today, they asked for invoices for my recent sales. Faxed over the "creative" documents today, including cell phone bill, business license, and invoice. Was informed that they would reply within 72 hours. Very cordial and professional on the phone, so we will see!!!!
Old 03-12-2014

UPDATE: SUCCESS!!!!! After a couple hours of creative photoshopping and schmoozing on the phone with eBay T&S, I just received this e-mail:

Hello XXXXXX,

We have received the documents that we requested from you and the appeal of the selling restriction on your account has been granted. You may now begin listing your items as you were before the restriction was placed. We are sorry for any inconvenience this action may have caused and we appreciate you taking the time to help make ebay a safe place to buy and to sell.
Thanks,

eBay

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAVED A 1200/111,500/month ACCOUNT!!!!