ebay did something cool. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-25-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default ebay did something cool.

Out of the blue, i get a message from ebay saying they removed a neutral rating and someone that left me all 1's to protect my online reputation.

never seen this. Surprising from ebay especially since it was not solicited.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: ebay did something cool.

It's the bluebird of happiness that ebay does do sometimes.

I've had this with UK accounts & USA accounts.

What I liked was the total randomness of their actions.

Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

I just got an email about this too. Only problem is I'm indefinitely suspended from this account! :-(
Old 03-26-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I too had an email overnight saying they had rwmoved 1 low dsr due to a malicious pattern forming from that buyer.

It has been going on a while, i had another automatically removed last october.
Old 03-26-2014

Longevity: 61%

seems they are always looking for something.. crawling the 'servers'..
unless, you are really 'under of the radar'?

Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
I too had an email overnight saying they had rwmoved 1 low dsr due to a malicious pattern forming from that buyer.

It has been going on a while, i had another automatically removed last october.
This is why it is important to report shyster buyers. If eBay gets multiple reports they will surprisingly take action.

For example. I had two buyers open Not Received Claims two weeks ago on items that had delivery confirmation.

I told them both, I am sorry if you item didn't arrive. I have to take USPS word on this. I hate to say it but you can escalate your dispute in many cases eBay under the buyer protection program will refund someone like you.

Been about 7 Days and I have not heard a response from either of them. So many buyers just trolling and rent seeking for something Free.

Last edited by vogeltron; 03-26-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2005 View Post
Out of the blue, i get a message from ebay saying they removed a neutral rating and someone that left me all 1's to protect my online reputation.

never seen this. Surprising from ebay especially since it was not solicited.
This is random but I guess, just accept the positive move and move on...guess they were monitoring your account...
Old 03-26-2014
just_smile

You've done the right thing because you know your rights vogel. The scammers rely on sellers naivety, not knowing their right.

Thats one of the reasons i frequent this forum and another uk based one. I have learned so much just by reading others problems, thay allows me to know what to do should the same problem arise with me.

A little tip for people that dont send tracked. When you receive 'item not received' messages. After doing your initial investigations (confirming address, ring sorting office etc) always ask the buyer to open an item not received case. Scammers know they get recorded against their account and a pattern emerges. Scammers hate recorded patterns.

i'd say 50% if my 'item not received' customers don't open a case and i never hear from them again. They are just chancers.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-26-2014), NotAHappyBunny (03-26-2014), vogeltron (03-26-2014), yankee (03-26-2014)
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Thats one of the reasons i frequent this forum and another uk based one. I have learned so much just by reading others problems, thay allows me to know what to do should the same problem arise with me.
In a nutshell.

Knowledge is what makes us better sellers.

Helps us not get entrapped by the professional buyers out there.

Heaven knows, ebay does not always have our back.

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-31-2014 at 04:39 AM.
Old 03-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You've done the right thing because you know your rights vogel. The scammers rely on sellers naivety, not knowing their right.

A little tip for people that dont send tracked. When you receive 'item not received' messages. After doing your initial investigations (confirming address, ring sorting office etc) always ask the buyer to open an item not received case. Scammers know they get recorded against their account and a pattern emerges. Scammers hate recorded patterns.

i'd say 50% if my 'item not received' customers don't open a case and i never hear from them again. They are just chancers.
Yup, as to why I would always advise when buyers engage in these conversations when tracking shows delivered. Trying to explain everything as calmly and clearly as possible.

Personally it is rare but if I send a package that ends up lost in transit or never scanned delivered. I will reship on me. But by no means will I send another item when the package says delivered.

Like I said on multiple occasions I have told buyers to go ahead and escalate the claim. They haven't done so. Which makes me believe they are trolling for a refund or a second item for free.
Old 03-26-2014

Tell them you photograph every package and receipt and would provide all of this in combination to USPS delivery confirmation if they escalate a case.
Old 03-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Hi XXXXXX

eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.
We decided not to issue the buyer a refund. You don't need to do anything else for this case. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed.

Decision:
This case has been decided in your favor. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.

Comments:
We received tracking information from you before or at the time the buyer opened the case that shows the item was delivered to the buyer's address. You don't need to do anything else. Because we decided in your favor, this case, any feedback left, and all detailed seller ratings left, will not affect your seller performance. In addition, any feedback left for this transaction will be removed. Note: It may take up to 24 hours for these updates to reflect in your Seller Dashboard.

I AM IN SHOCK!!!!

Buyer tried to claim item was not received when tracking showed delivery to a confirmed PayPal addy.
Old 03-31-2014
just_smile

Well done. You had everything needed to win the case.

I'd have been shocked if you didn't win, but then again, this is ebay we are talking about, sometimes they don't know their own policies.
Old 03-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Wish they would do this on the regular