Cash on collection question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-24-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Cash on collection question

hi all, so i have listed a few items for pickup recently, only larger bulky items that would be a pain to post. The items have sold but despite the listing saying via ebay its collection only, i have people far away buying the item and paying via paypal even though it states in my listing that i will only accept cash on collection and its only for collection.

So the buyer then asks can i cancel the transaction. To me this is fine however i then require my final value fees back so i send him a cancel the transaction form stating buyer has bought by mistake. had 2 of these recently. Just checked my DSR and the new Defect rate and both now show as a Defect.

Suppose my question is are others having this trouble, also i am a little worried when i sell an item like i just have and ask for cash on collection however the buyer has paid via paypal again if i refund and ask for cash on collection this is likely to go against me as a defect.

I know that if a buyer picks my item up then a month later opens a case saying not recieved it i will not have a leg to stand on when he takes my money and has already had the item a month ago from picking it up.

Again what do fellow members here do in this instance.

hope people can answer my queries as im at a loss here.

cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-24-2014

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Cash on collection question

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtogetby View Post
hi all, so i have listed a few items for pickup recently, only larger bulky items that would be a pain to post. The items have sold but despite the listing saying via ebay its collection only, i have people far away buying the item and paying via paypal even though it states in my listing that i will only accept cash on collection and its only for collection.

So the buyer then asks can i cancel the transaction. To me this is fine however i then require my final value fees back so i send him a cancel the transaction form stating buyer has bought by mistake. had 2 of these recently. Just checked my DSR and the new Defect rate and both now show as a Defect.

Suppose my question is are others having this trouble, also i am a little worried when i sell an item like i just have and ask for cash on collection however the buyer has paid via paypal again if i refund and ask for cash on collection this is likely to go against me as a defect.

I know that if a buyer picks my item up then a month later opens a case saying not recieved it i will not have a leg to stand on when he takes my money and has already had the item a month ago from picking it up.

Again what do fellow members here do in this instance.

hope people can answer my queries as im at a loss here.

cheers
The 'buyer changed their mind' when you go to cancel the transaction, I don't think this option counts as a defect unless its already been patched?
Old 04-24-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts

I sent a cancellation request a couple times to buyers that changed there mind and they agreed received credit for FVF and they did not count as a defect

If the cancellation is a result of the buyer, than it shouldn't count, but if it is an issue with the seller than it will
Old 04-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
The 'buyer changed their mind' when you go to cancel the transaction, I don't think this option counts as a defect unless its already been patched?
hi there, thats the option i chose and the buyer accepted resulting in me getting my final value fee however i now have 2 defects against me and its since these two refunds were given.

hope they sort this out as it was not my fault it was a buyer error.
Old 04-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

There has been other reports of this.

They should not be counting as defects.
Old 04-24-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post

Let's hope so.
Old 04-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:

hi james, yeah its really not good, as i see it if they pay and can not collect they want there money back so i either give it them back via a refund which i will lose my final value fee also possibly go as a defect. or i open a case to cancel resulting in a defect. or i explain i can not refund annoying the customer and get a neutral or neg feedback resulting in a defect. so i lose in every case.

has anyone got any ideas for people who pay with paypal and then collect as they can claim item not recieved via paypal later down the line and i have no proof it was collected???
Old 04-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtogetby View Post
has anyone got any ideas for people who pay with paypal and then collect as they can claim item not recieved via paypal later down the line and i have no proof it was collected???
I would never let them.

If someone wants to collect they can pay cash on collection or bank transfer.

Using PayPal leaves you to open to being scammed.
Old 04-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I would never let them.

If someone wants to collect they can pay cash on collection or bank transfer.

Using PayPal leaves you to open to being scammed.
hi james thanks for quick replies
But i am now worried that becasue they have paid for the item via paypal, that means i have to refund them the money? will this affect the defect as well now, also if they decide not to pick up the item and the items worth £100 then i would lose £10 final value fee.

im sure i read here as well that paypal frown on giving refunds and investigate?