cash on collection - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-08-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default cash on collection

Hi guys

I have recently had my old established ebay account restored and I was wondering if it is possible to just have cash on collection as a payment option or do you have to add a Paypal account?

Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 09-08-2012
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Ideally the account should have a paypal attached.

I thought you got the pm weeks ago on this topic?

As I recall you said the paypal was limited? Attaching a new paypal will not be ideal long term.

COD is fine.

It will depend on how you manage the listing and account

__________________
REAP WHAT YOU SOW. LIFE IS SO NOT FAIR.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
mirus (09-08-2012)
  #3  
Old 09-08-2012
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 76,015
Thanks: 5,942
Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Use Skrilla or different form of payment THEN offer COD.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2012
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default

It's not so easy for a UK account
__________________
REAP WHAT YOU SOW. LIFE IS SO NOT FAIR.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2012
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 76,015
Thanks: 5,942
Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Meh - easy is as easy does - always a way if you are creative - just have to experiment, trial and error and the OP needs to take time to explore the many options available.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2012
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,343
Thanks: 5,612
Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Speaking from listing on ebay UK experience then?
__________________
REAP WHAT YOU SOW. LIFE IS SO NOT FAIR.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2012
Ebayorbust's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,869
Thanks: 511
Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (56)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirus View Post
Hi guys

I have recently had my old established ebay account restored and I was wondering if it is possible to just have cash on collection as a payment option or do you have to add a Paypal account?

Any help is appreciated.
You have to have Paypal as a payment option on UK Ebay.

You might be able to get away with it selling something one off like a large joblot but this is not really do-able if you are planning to trade long term on the account.

Ebay buyers, especially in the UK, are reluctant to use anything other than Paypal.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-08-2012
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Ideally the account should have a paypal attached.

I thought you got the pm weeks ago on this topic?

As I recall you said the paypal was limited? Attaching a new paypal will not be ideal long term.

COD is fine.

It will depend on how you manage the listing and account

Yes that's right the Paypal account that was connected to this ebay account has been permanently limited therefore any paypal account linked would also be shut down.

Anyway I just tried listing an ad without a paypal and it didn't work so I guess I'll have to create more stealth accounts.

Thanks for the help anyway greenbeam, it is most appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-08-2012
mcmx's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 714
Thanks: 34
Thanked 60 Times in 48 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I just did this (C.O.D.) and stupid Canada Post collected the buyer's cash & sent me the money order, paid out to: THE BUYER'S NAME. This was for $500 too.

Last edited by mcmx; 09-08-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-08-2012
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,729
Thanks: 442
Thanked 914 Times in 720 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Meh - easy is as easy does - always a way if you are creative - just have to experiment, trial and error and the OP needs to take time to explore the many options available.
Lumberjack - behave yourself - in the UK we HAVE to offer Paypal:D
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-08-2012
Stigger's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,122
Thanks: 224
Thanked 350 Times in 299 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirus View Post
Yes that's right the Paypal account that was connected to this ebay account has been permanently limited therefore any paypal account linked would also be shut down.

Anyway I just tried listing an ad without a paypal and it didn't work so I guess I'll have to create more stealth accounts.

Thanks for the help anyway greenbeam, it is most appreciated.

Good luck pal
__________________
^The above is from a u.k point of view^


Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
collection in person costs they_screwed_me_too Subscriber Discussions 8 04-26-2012 05:57 AM
Cash on collection?! bigboykelly Subscriber Discussions 16 04-20-2011 08:44 AM
IC System Collection highwhey PayPal Talk 13 10-02-2010 01:59 AM
Collection Agency dennis20014 Paypal Limited 2 07-07-2010 01:10 AM
paypal collection agency leonid5000 PayPal Talk 0 07-30-2009 04:43 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58