"Your item is for sale." NOT. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-26-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default "Your item is for sale." NOT.

Is it normal for an item not to appear after submitting the listing? This hasn't ever really happened to me before as all my listings were usually visible right away after submission.

Few days ago, when listing items in a lot, and before doing so I changed the options checking off the box 'sell items as a lot' option and filled in the quantity appropriately, submitted it but nothing for an hour so I panicked and ended the listing. Reason why I thought something could be wrong one being first time ever using a template with hosted pictures.. the norm. Category was very saturated with lots of the same item and was easter sunday (holiday).

Now, when I begin to list different item different category, nothing. I realised I forgot that I chose that 'sell as a lot' option and begin thinking it was something ebay just added in the create listing editoir. I think I had '1' lot filled in first box and '1' item filled in second box when I submitted the still no show listing.

Well, I realised about it then changed it unchecking the option and listed another different item different category to see if it shows and it did appear instantly. I tried to revise but no option is there anymore. Kinda makes me think ebay filters listings being a 'lot' checking them before letting it go live?

But is this normal and I should just wait? I don't wanna pull another listing again.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-26-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,548 Times in 2,201 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: "Your item is for sale." NOT.

Yes it's normal. Give it a few hours. Should pop up
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
okay (04-26-2014)
Old 04-26-2014

Longevity: 72%

When listing new items, may take up to 24 hours to appear. Ebay reviews listings within' that period.

Should pop up sooner or later.
Old 04-26-2014
Threadstarter  

eB does review listings that have not appeared live after submitting?

This is a manual review by a human?

So any listing that does not become 'live' within, what, 15-30 minutes it's obvious that something is the hold up? Why are some listings instantly live and some not?
Old 04-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

This is something that usually happens with newer seller accounts. It usually take around 12 hours before your listing comes publically listed.
Old 04-26-2014
Threadstarter  

My item shows up in auctivas scrolling gallery within another listing but does not appear in results nor does it appear in 'sellers other items'.

Also, this account is over 5 months old.

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-26-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-26-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

This is normal.

Also account age itself doesn't mean everything. Have you been actively selling using this account prior though?

Last edited by GreenBean; 04-26-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 04-26-2014
Threadstarter  

I've been really laid back with it, I even let it sit 3-4 weeks. 21 day hold released a month ago, 40 fb everything inline. This is my only acct. I operate slow n carefully. its been through the new mc999, called in, released with a limit 5$k limit and never sold more than 1k in a month.

I hate this.

I wanna know why why does a listing take hours to go live? Am I missing something? Who what n why is the cause for back burner listings not becoming live ?? (normally) I almost gonna pull this one, too.

Last edited by okay; 04-26-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2014
Threadstarter  

Listing is now showing live, just took 4-5 hours.

I have also found, as most here already know, the reason. Or, reasons/

I'm just not sure which one to believe but I'll answer my question and I bet this will help some new people who visit the forum.

Here they are:

eBay purposely filters high-risk keywords, mainly within the title but, also certain key words within the html description of your listing. These key words include anything from the item your selling to the slang words you use to describe such item. It is also believed (I say believed because I won't believe any explanations from an eB employee and I believe most information to be from such) to be that your metrics/events calculate when a listing is available in search results.

I am no computer genius and maybe I don't know what I'm saying and none of this makes sense but it's more software driven, information analysis is gathered and computed not just from a single account or 10 of your created stealth accts. but from the 'real time' live data and mix that with the history, the information (the bad and the good) that's stores forever which is the ?engine? that is responsible for the prevention of fraud to the reason why your items' results ranked low and the unpredictable and predictable accounts getting flagged (flagging happens in the background all the time too?) and when/why accounts get suspended.. I think of it like the luck in lottery

This is also how they are also able to come up with new stuff like the seller standards and strict policies keep getting stricter although crazy decisions and results happen in the process (thank and think high-risk items, users history mixed with buying habits, wish lists... so think twice when about clicking those like buttons on your ebay page high rankers! I think of the little goat 'eB computer' being operated be the smilies 'eB management)

It's obvious they rely, let the software run the show while they sit back and nit pick accounts randomly (but surely, boss!) a machine spits out from a database into a file (do they have 7zip and have to extract these gigantic files?) on their desktop reviewing it in aww amazement how smart and easy it is to make THE final decision and will not tolerate any complaints/arguments from any member and it hurts their ego when eB member '1garagesellerking' contest otherwise and their computers are smarter and doesn't lie then bingo act accordingly with the amount of info given to them even it it is not enough or anything to do with the reason why your account gets the hammer!

I read the entire eB staff was fired sometime before 2009?..um they are given the ability to make decisions for any account based on data calculated as a whole or part for safety and prevention of what a rep has gathered about acct(s). Yes repeat sorry.. I can bet the larger the case load for reviewing, the more ignorance and wrongful determinations/ultimatums are given to your account. Ask Cassandra 'is it your lucky day?'

I almost forgot, indexing and eB claims they implemented the search delay for the screening of knockoffs protection from infringement lawsuits..

Meanwhile, in eB... real time changes will always change within the last year in their modeling architecture..
WOW==> thousands of data servers to handle 112 million active users, 400 million items for sale, over eighty billion database calls & two billion page views a day, two thousand dollars transacted every second..