Ebay Is requsting Proof of ID - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-05-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Ebay Is requsting Proof of ID

Hi all, I need help. I opened a stealth account in late Dec. First sale was in January. So far, smooth sailing. 100% FB with 100 FB's. But, then I called to get limits raised & they couldn't find me in the public database, yada yada. Now they are requesting bank account info w/ name & address, which I can provide, but the ID part I cannot. I opened an LLC & that's the name I am using, not my name. Do they verify this info once they get it? I had no idea Ebay checked a database, or requested such documents. I was booted off in December due to DSR ratings only. I sell no risky items whatsoever. Is there any way to get around this & keep the account? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Ebay Is requsting Proof of ID

Yes, they do check public databases. This is why we all say "not to call in or request limit increases". And because you cannot call for limit increases, this is why we say to create multiple accounts and spread it out. You let the limit increases come natural without requesting. You calling in to EB and wanting something is like the kiss of death. You (not you in general, but anyone) put yourself in the spotlight when you call them. All they have to do is put you on hold and look you up.
Old 05-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks, I appreciate the responses. I already have account #2 set up. On the second month now. So I know now to let the limits increase on their own. Any idea how long it takes to get up to 20k-30k/ month. I'm assuming I should avoid all of ebays calls as well. It's in my maiden name with all new info. Address etc. so I guess I'll have to be patient.
Old 05-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKYMICK View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the responses. I already have account #2 set up. On the second month now. So I know now to let the limits increase on their own. Any idea how long it takes to get up to 20k-30k/ month. I'm assuming I should avoid all of ebays calls as well. It's in my maiden name with all new info. Address etc. so I guess I'll have to be patient.
You can expect (but no guarantees) to get your limits up to 100 items/$5000(+) within about 3-4 months. This is not a promise, but just a general period of time that it COULD take. I still have 3 accounts that are at 10/1000 from Dec and Jan. So it will be hit and miss when you create accounts. I have some accounts that have hit 100/5000 and have not budged since and I have 1 that is at 150/9000. I should add that all my stealths are less than 1 year old. I am sure there are people on here that have accounts that have naturally increased more than that, but mine have not.

Making stealths correctly is not difficult at all, especially when you start getting in to the groove. But you are gonna need quite a few of them, and you are gonna have to be patient.

Try to look up as much as you can (preferably recently) in the search box before asking on the forum.

Best of luck!!!
Old 05-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Never call eBay! How many times to people on here have to say it! Sandy D who is the most knowledgeable member in my opinion on almost everything. Especially creating accounts.

You sell to your max and make lots of accounts. Allow the limits to be raised on their end. I have a legit accounts with over 100 feedback 51 of which are from selling. Been registered for over a year and I am still stuck at 10 items $1,000.

Partially on my fault for needing to max out my limits. But none the less. You spread out your accounts. Learn the system and proceed.

Like a stock portfolio you diversify. You aren't a squirrel putting all your nuts in one tree. Otherwise you will eventually get burned.
Old 05-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Just an FYI, I just got off the phone with my old EB account rep. (I used to be a very successful seller before I was a causality of the new seller DSR program) He told me ALL new accounts from here on out will have to call to get limits increased. There is no way around it. He also told me I could fax in my LLC papers & that would suffice their "proof of ID" request. Thought this may help some people out.
Old 05-08-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Just an FYI, I just got off the phone with my old EB account rep. (I used to be a very successful seller before I was a causality of the new seller DSR program) He told me ALL new accounts from here on out will have to call to get limits increased. There is no way around it. He also told me I could fax in my LLC papers & that would suffice their "proof of ID" request. Thought this may help some people out.
just had a huge increase, never called in. guy is bluffing... I seriously doubt that but u never know
The Following User Says Thank You to keepongoing For This Useful Post:
MICKYMICK (05-08-2014)
Old 05-08-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
You can expect (but no guarantees) to get your limits up to 100 items/$5000(+) within about 3-4 months. This is not a promise, but just a general period of time that it COULD take. I still have 3 accounts that are at 10/1000 from Dec and Jan. So it will be hit and miss when you create accounts. I have some accounts that have hit 100/5000 and have not budged since and I have 1 that is at 150/9000. I should add that all my stealths are less than 1 year old. I am sure there are people on here that have accounts that have naturally increased more than that, but mine have not.

Making stealths correctly is not difficult at all, especially when you start getting in to the groove. But you are gonna need quite a few of them, and you are gonna have to be patient.

Try to look up as much as you can (preferably recently) in the search box before asking on the forum.

Best of luck!!!

DEAD ON ADVICE! same in my case
Old 05-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepongoing View Post
just had a huge increase, never called in. guy is bluffing... I seriously doubt that but u never know
I think what most people fail to realize on here. Is if you start an new eBay account and you want to try to avoid the MC999 call and requesting info. You have to take your time building the account. You have to be very selective about the first few items you initially sell.

If you want to rush rush rush. You are just going to run into more and more problems. Thats why I suggest creating lots of accounts. Taking time to build them. If you have enough accounts. Always start taking out time to build extra ones.

I have never been given a MC999 request. But then again from the time I make an account until the first item I sell I have already gotten 5 or 6 Buying feedback. Asked some sellers some questions. About 3 months in then I register to sell. And I sell one or two low risk household items. Take my time from there.
Old 05-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yup, those are EB lies. I just had at least 2 accounts shoot up to 100/5000. Don't believe what their little peon reps say.