Selling on ebay from home full-time - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by serena View Post
I am very curious to see what we can do with the $50,000 a year we would otherwise pay ebay for advertising.
Depending on what you're selling you could do very well with Adwords, Adcenter and YSM... Add organic traffic to this and you have a fully profitable website!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2008

Longevity: 90%

Hey thanks Topazcorp! Yeah, it will be interesting to see how it goes over the next 12 months. Web marketing is a really interesting field to me, and I'm itchy for trying some new things. I appreciate ebay's traffic, but these days I don't think their service is worth $50,000 a year.
Old 10-15-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I first started my own web business and then expanded to eBay.

If you work eBay to it's fullest, it can give you a ton of sales easy. But the same can be done with your own website and the right advertising.

I'd say we got 80% of our sales from our sites, and 20% eBay. We'd do thousands a day with eBay.

Fun times.
Old 10-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

I do Ebay Full time and love my very flexible schedule that I have. I don't have to wake up 5 in the morning to go to work and drive 30 minutes or longer to get there, take vacations when the boss say I can and wait for holidays to come around to get a day off.

All my friends that have a day job always say I got it easy and I don't work or do anything. Yes I have it easy but I just work smart. I would like to work doing something else like Construction or Mechanic because I am a hands-on type of person but I don't want to give up my Free Time that I have. Decision Decision I have to make.

BooMer
Old 10-15-2008

Longevity: 91%
Default ebay full time

Making your own website is the way forward. Optimize it so you can get into the top 20 in google and you're away... We also use ebay to advertise our website because it has a lot of traffic to plug into. We used to rely on it until we got the booty last year.

Now we make 99% of our sales through our site/google which is great because there's no listing fees a percentage of that traffic may come via our ebay ads but we try our hardest never to make the sale through feepay.

Google base is also a great source of traffic. Our site is
freshfootwear.co.uk we DON'T use paypal... google checkout all the way.

hopefully we'll be able to do away with ebay alltogether soon.

Last edited by Voodoo_chile; 10-18-2008 at 05:21 AM.
Old 10-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooMer View Post
I do Ebay Full time and love my very flexible schedule that I have. I don't have to wake up 5 in the morning to go to work and drive 30 minutes or longer to get there, take vacations when the boss say I can and wait for holidays to come around to get a day off.

All my friends that have a day job always say I got it easy and I don't work or do anything. Yes I have it easy but I just work smart. I would like to work doing something else like Construction or Mechanic because I am a hands-on type of person but I don't want to give up my Free Time that I have. Decision Decision I have to make.

BooMer
This is EXACTLY how it is for me. Everyone calls me unemployed and how lazy I am for not having a job, but they do it all out of fun because they know how much I usually make and hate me for doing it because I really don't do a whole lot. I am usually the one they end up calling if they want to go out and do something because they know I don't have much going on! And about going on vacations like you said, I just decided on Monday to go to Florida for the weekend I'm excited!
Old 10-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly387 View Post
This is EXACTLY how it is for me. Everyone calls me unemployed and how lazy I am for not having a job, but they do it all out of fun because they know how much I usually make and hate me for doing it because I really don't do a whole lot. I am usually the one they end up calling if they want to go out and do something because they know I don't have much going on! And about going on vacations like you said, I just decided on Monday to go to Florida for the weekend I'm excited!
OMG!! You are like me.:D I have to wait for my friends to call me up when they have time to do something. For example poker night... I am always available day or night to play but when it comes to the others they have to make sure they don't have work or work the next day to stay up late. I don't ask them anymore to go do something, I usually wait for them to ask me.. And for the vacation I was planing on going to Florida for Disney World in August but changed my plans because everyone couldn't make it. Maybe I can go with you Philly387 The Big vacations that I went on so far since going Full time on ebay were Hawaii Island Hoping/Cruise 1 1/2 weeks, Alaska/Vancouver Cruise 2 weeks, China Bejing Tour 2 weeks.
Old 10-15-2008

Default eBay Full Time

I do eBay Full time but I definitely want to go the way of my own Website. I am in a serious transition time ever since I was suspended from my one and only eBay account last month. I was really making a ton of money on it but I always knew that it could be taken away with the click of a button by an eBay employee having a bad day. Now I am completely re-grouping and I have been researching for about a month. I have set up 8 different eBay accounts and 4 different PAYPAL accounts that are confirmed, verified and no limits. I believe that when a door closes - a window opens. I am too busy to do anything but take care of my 4 kids and get my business back off the ground. I will never put all my eggs in one eBay account basket again - and hopefully soon I will only use eBay for some extra cash and as a marketing tool for my website. I am convinced that the only way to make real money is to either own your own business or get into some kind of sales. I am needed at home right now so I guess it is going to be an Internet business. I believe that I can make this work again.
Old 10-15-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooMer View Post

BooMer
Lol, that's how my friends acted the first couple years I started working for my self.

It's fun! I'm still in Vegas, and going on my 2nd month being here. Working online has it's benefits.
Old 10-15-2008

you guys must be very clever with online business! Thanks for the inspiring comments.
Old 10-16-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 1%

I have been doing ebay part-time and going to work. I dont think I will ever stop working my 55k/year job (at least for now) but I will continue to try and increase sales on ebay. I also have a personal website up and running and working on marketing strategies to increase traffic. Things are looking good.