eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Someone from PayPal ordered a vero item from me. Is that normal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/77679-someone-paypal-ordered-vero-item-me-normal.html)

Dynasty 09-23-2014 10:48 AM

Someone from PayPal ordered a vero item from me. Is that normal?

So I noticed an order was placed for a vero item on my seller account. I noticed the item is going to PayPal's headquarters semi-close to my area. Seems really weird. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? What should I do? Should I refund?

GoteBay 09-23-2014 10:55 AM

Re: Someone from PayPal ordered a vero item from me. Is that normal?

Not everybody who works at Paypal would care about VeRO. Many of them have no idea what a VeRO is. Just ship and hope all is fine.

If you choose to refund, that is when hail will fall.

Dynasty 09-23-2014 11:13 AM

Yeah I've been giving it some thought. All my listings are up, the account is in great standing. And it's going to someone in their marketing department.

jeffweico 09-23-2014 11:22 AM

If by VERO you mean a brand name item that is legitimate, then there is no issue.

If by VERO you mean counterfeit, then you may have a big problem. If you refund, they will be suspicious. If you send them the counterfeit, you stand a good chance of losing your account. If you ignore their order, it could look like you provide poor customer service or are ripping people off.

I don't like to facilitate anything shady, but you might want to buy a real one of whatever and send it to them if this is the case.

And if that IS what you are selling, this is just one of the problems that will come up over and over, again and again. This time it was just PayPal. Next time, it could be an undercover buyer working for the rights owner. Or an undercover law enforcement officer.

I've never understood why people resort to selling counterfeits when there are MILLIONS of legitimate products to sell. The profit margins on most online counterfeits is not that high since too many people are trying to do it. For the little bit extra you make, you are going to have to jump through hoops dealing with problems and are taking a risk of being criminally prosecuted. Is it REALLY worth it?

Dynasty 09-23-2014 11:27 AM

It's a legitimate item. I was just wondering if it was normal for paypal to order items. Especially in the vero category.

BiN4RY 09-23-2014 11:30 AM

If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to be afraid of. Ship away if all is legit.

bjammin 09-23-2014 11:33 AM

If it is legit,
then you must ship!

Sorry, I felt like Johnny Cockran for a moment but without all his money.

Dynasty 09-23-2014 11:37 AM

The only thing is its a stealth account. I did want it to get plastered everywhere.

GoteBay 09-23-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynasty (Post 590600)
The only thing is its a stealth account. I did want it to get plastered everywhere.

A running stealth is legit until you are asked proof of documents. I would not worry.

bjammin 09-23-2014 12:03 PM

Here's the thing.

If you was selling phakes, then PP or EB does not need to order an item and visually see it to shut you down. In fact, if they suspect it isnt legit, then they usually just remove the listing. So the fact that this cat is buying something from you and they just happen to work at PP is probably coincident. And it is usually not PP that does the removing, it is EB. Now if you are moving expensive items and getting complaints and refunding, I could then see PP stepping in. But regardless, PP or EB buying an item to check it out is way away from the norm.

I think you are being paranoid and you just need to ship it out.

Not shipping it or canceling the transactions will seem way more suspicious.

jeffweico 09-23-2014 03:51 PM

bjammin - I agree with you, but if someone were to send a PayPal employee a phake item, they could easily have your account shut down as they can complain from inside PayPal.

Sausage 09-23-2014 09:09 PM

I sold an item that was not allowed on ebay to an employee at ebay Ireland. Nothing came of it.

bjammin 09-23-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 590667)
bjammin - I agree with you, but if someone were to send a PayPal employee a phake item, they could easily have your account shut down as they can complain from inside PayPal.

I agree. I was just trying to state that that's not the normal procedure for EB/PP to kill the account. OP states it is legit. However, the paranoia makes me believe differently, but that's just my opinion.

With an employee buying the item, I doubt they are fishing. Because they are not fishing, they would prob not even notice it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or to even suspect it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

Those are just the thoughts rattling in my brain about all this.

Play 09-24-2014 01:39 PM

If its genuine, send it. The only fish hook here is if you offer returns, and they want item returned to you, then your going to have a slight shock in store for you.

I would say in that case refund their money and tell them to keep the item.

bluestraps 09-25-2014 10:59 PM

I seem to recall someone in the us government buy an item from me in fact it was a Pennsylvania ave address, You know what is on the street , right ! That freaked me out. is this care of C/O paypal. if it loks like they just want you to ship it to them,

ask them if they will be sure that the package will be delivered to them. See If you could ship it to their home address, instead.

unkown5454 09-26-2014 01:14 AM

Hmmmm...this post makes me think differently of you and your story OP...

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/shippin...-ems-usps.html

MM78 09-26-2014 01:42 AM

You smell Foo-Foo's Unknown5454?

rsot 09-26-2014 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluestraps (Post 591732)
I seem to recall someone in the us government buy an item from me in fact it was a Pennsylvania ave address, You know what is on the street , right ! That freaked me out. is this care of C/O paypal. if it loks like they just want you to ship it to them,

ask them if they will be sure that the package will be delivered to them. See If you could ship it to their home address, instead.

Always be vigilant with your sales of vero and knockoffs, if so

ovidiu 09-26-2014 03:24 AM

When I was selling software a few years back (on Amazon), I had a person from Microsoft order something from me. Odd, since MS people can go to the company store and buy stuff, but it was a out-of-date product. I only sell legit goods so I shipped it and never heard back.

Play 09-26-2014 06:15 AM

I very much doubt they would buy it and upon receipt they would contact you and say can you give me your returns address please...I mean that would just be a huge no no...