Odd occurances after receiving delivery China->US EMS->USPS - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Odd occurances after receiving delivery China->US EMS->USPS

This scenario sounds like paranoia however it has been on my mind. Its a lengthy read.

So a first order from China. Extremely small, low priced order from a well known legitimate shipping agent. Small package worth roughly $200 and under 2Kg. It wasnt electronic, but a designer item. It was sent by EMS as Ive never encountered an issue. The order is shipped, goes through customs with no notable delay or issue. The package was delivered totally normal.

I noticed that the shipping agent wrapped the items tightly with this tacky black cellophane like plastic. Which I thought was a decent idea to notice if the package has been opened in any way by customs etc. I could tell both the original package and black wrap were not opened.

Everything was perfect, on to work! A couple hours later I was just finishing up when I noticed a flash outside my complex. It was cloudy outside so I thought it may have been lightning. Though it didnt make sense so I calmly walked over to the window to see a man getting inside what looked like an unmarked surveillance vehicle. I couldnt tell for sure as I didnt get a clear view in time. It really baffled me at the time as the package was not opened and nothing was out of the ordinary. So I immediately think the person took a picture of my complex.

Fast forward two months. Things have been normal. A couple semi-larger packages have been received since then with no delay or issue. Now another package comes thats roughly 7Kg. They attempted delivery but I was unavailable so I had to go pick it up from the hub. I went there, received it with no issue. Again the package was not opened and the black wrap was not tampered with. The next morning I go out to get something from my car and notice the EXACT same vehicle just parked at the other side of the complex with no one in the vehicle. I stare at the vehicle as its been on my mind causing havic from the unknown. The first thing I notice is the license plate is a US Gov. plate. I walked to my vehicle, got what I was looking for and went back in. I never saw a person once.

The odds of seeing this vehicle within 12 hours of receiving such spaced out deliveries has been making me concerned. That and also a picture of my complex being taken (the flash on the window).

The strange part about it is.

1. The packages have not been opened. Not once. And the black wrap seal has not been broken.
2. The first order was such a small package in size and weight for a trigger of that size to happen I would imagine.
3. I have not been contacted either by mail, in person, or a phone call.

What is happening here?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Is this a joke ?? As long as your not receiveing anything illegal than why are u paranoid I don't get it unless your not telling us something??
Old 06-26-2013
Threadstarter  

I wouldnt type to that length if it was a joke. In the post I mentioned it was designer items from China. Its general but should explain things decent enough to put 2+2 together.
Old 06-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I think you are being paranoid. Is it possible that the government vehicle is being driven by someone in your apartment or condominium complex that works for the government?

And there could be a million reasons for someone to take a picture of a building. Or, it COULD have been lightning. Or car lights. Or whatever.

You said the package contained a designer item. I'm guessing it is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. But if you are just ordering a few, do you really think the government is coming after you? I mean, ANYTHING is possible, but unless I'm missing something, I don't see the government pursuing you for such small packages.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Dmshark25 (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013
Threadstarter  

Thank you Jeff for a quality reply. Since the first sight of the vehicle when I noticed the flash I have been keeping an eye out for it to give me some relief on the situation. During the entire two month period from the first time, to now I have not seen it. There were only a couple vehicles on a very scarce road my complex is on. So car lights were not it.

The first time they came the package received that day was so small. And it wasnt tampered with. None of them have been...

The situations just been resonating in my head.
Old 06-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Again, my BEST GUESS is that you are over-reacting. But if the government IS spending all of this time and effort to try to monitor your activities, then you could have a serious problem. I'm not an expert, but I don't think they do that for a couple of purses or designer items.

I would say to keep an eye out for that vehicle in the coming days. If it is there on days when there is no delivery, it could be that one of your neighbors works for the government or maybe a government worker is visiting someone who lives in the complex.
Old 06-26-2013
Threadstarter  

It doesnt make any sense to me either. This is nothing out of the normal at all. Thats why its been so baffling. Ill keep my eyes out and let it go for now. Ill post an update if anything new happens.
Old 06-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
What is happening here?
No offense but if you are paranoid about such small orders...what will you do if you venture out into heavier orders? For peace of mind and health, perhaps start looking at other business options.

Not judging you but am saying straight up that if you are into risky business, you need to be strong
Old 06-28-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
This scenario sounds like paranoia however it has been on my mind. Its a lengthy read.

The strange part about it is.

1. The packages have not been opened. Not once. And the black wrap seal has not been broken.
2. The first order was such a small package in size and weight for a trigger of that size to happen I would imagine.
3. I have not been contacted either by mail, in person, or a phone call.

What is happening here?
More than likely another indivdual unknown to you may be under surveillance.

Replies on this forum are opinion only and are not in any way to be taken as advice.

Take legal advice if you are so concerned.
Closed Thread