Bringing old stealt account back from the dead - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-01-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Bringing old stealt account back from the dead

I had a stealth EB and PP account with very high selling limits a few years back. I wound up ditching the accounts when the whole tax information thing went in to effect because I couldn't provide a tax ID number for it. I then went back to my legit account

Now my PP is limited for my legit account. (EB is still good). I need to get back to the selling limits I had quickly... Is it possible to revisit my old stealth account which never encountered a suspension, and replace the PP account with my girlfriends legit PP? She also has a Tax ID number I can use and SS.

Is this possible if I make the correct moves?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-01-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Bringing old stealt account back from the dead

Won't the ebay account and paypal account have different registered name son them?....if I'm understanding your post correctly they will.....therefore.......train wreck.
Old 11-01-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Won't the ebay account and paypal account have different registered name son them?....if I'm understanding your post correctly they will.....therefore.......train wreck.
I was planning on changing the name and info on the EB account to hers? Bad idea?
Old 11-02-2014

Pretty much death to that account.......You need to create or purchase several stealth accounts if you need numbers quickly...
Old 11-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 91%

If I understand you correctly the old ebay and paypal never had a limitation or suspension.
Is that correct?
Why not continue using the same paypal then?
No need to change any info on either account. This is stealth so keep it stealth.
Create an EIN attach it to the paypal account and connect your bank account to it and you should be good to go on the old accounts.
Unless Im missing something here it should be fairly simple...
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
dugunz (11-03-2014)
Old 11-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I agree with Slokor. If your PP is only limited because of the SSN/EIN request, then you should get a LLC EIN (not partnership or sole proprietorship EIN). PP can only verify the business name and EIN to make sure they match.

If you was slinging that much stuff, the $300-$400 expense may be worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
dugunz (11-03-2014)
Old 11-02-2014

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
Pretty much death to that account.......You need to create or purchase several stealth accounts if you need numbers quickly...
People always say things like this like it applies to everyone universally! Its defiantly not advised to change a name on a account but its not death to your account! Worst case Ebay limits you and your GF calls in...simple as that. I have switched names on Ebay accounts no problem. This forum is flooded with overly paranoid people.

Keep in mind that if you plan to change the name on your Ebay account..don't invest in this one account for the long term! You will always run into problems using someones info in the long term. Unless you plan on marrying, a break up, fight, or anything really that could piss your girl off your account could be screwed with a simple phone call.
Old 11-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
I agree with Slokor. If your PP is only limited because of the SSN/EIN request, then you should get a LLC EIN (not partnership or sole proprietorship EIN). PP can only verify the business name and EIN to make sure they match.

If you was slinging that much stuff, the $300-$400 expense may be worth it.
I 100% agree.
Old 11-02-2014

By the way you can always add your name to the account again if you want too! If you change the name DO NOT call in right away unless its your girl. I did this once and thats how I know they CAN see old names but only when there is a strong reason to do so. If its aged ...treat it like stealth for a month and you should be set to go.
Old 11-03-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
If I understand you correctly the old ebay and paypal never had a limitation or suspension.
Is that correct?
Why not continue using the same paypal then?
No need to change any info on either account. This is stealth so keep it stealth.
Create an EIN attach it to the paypal account and connect your bank account to it and you should be good to go on the old accounts.
Unless Im missing something here it should be fairly simple...

This may be the better route. It was very aged and was never limited or suspended. I just decided to jump ship because I didn't know how to handle the tax information being it wasn't under my real name. I do have a tax ID number I can attach to it but it is a DBA... So if I turn that Tax ID in to an LLC would I have to input my real name on PP? What about if I turn it in to an S corp?

If I go the girlfriend route, we've been together a long time and their is no doubt in my mind we will be together for good (not just a fling). Figured it might be better to be able to provide her SSN when its time, so I get a rock solid legit PP.

This new account (however I set it up) I am planning to run everything completely legit and keeping it for good. So i want to make sure I make the right move here. I make a fairly good living on not only having good feedback/ratings, but also having aged items that show up on the first page because of so many buyers per item.

Thanks for the help btw

Last edited by dugunz; 11-03-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-04-2014

Boy, there is lots of mis-information being handed out here.....good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-06-2014)
Old 11-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, registration info of the eB must match PP to be safe - one step of stealth.

You CANNOT replaced the old pp with a new pp and hope that all will be well...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
pokerpro (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014

Solefood say's no problem!......don't listen to these "paranoid" folks..'''which translates

to: "Don't bother doing it the CORRECT stealth way....just wing it"

You'll need lots of accounts operating like that, because they'll be falling like dominoes...
The Following User Says Thank You to pokerpro For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-06-2014)
Old 11-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugunz View Post
I had a stealth EB and PP account with very high selling limits a few years back. I wound up ditching the accounts when the whole tax information thing went in to effect because I couldn't provide a tax ID number for it. I then went back to my legit account
Recommend you get an EIN to attach to this account. Correctly created you only ever need to give paypal the [b]name[/]. Your real name should not be needed. If it operates OK, you may then never be asked for an SSN. Depends on different circumstances.

Quote:
Now my PP is limited for my legit account. (EB is still good). I need to get back to the selling limits I had quickly... Is it possible to revisit my old stealth account which never encountered a suspension, and replace the PP account with my girlfriends legit PP? She also has a Tax ID number I can use and SS. Is this possible if I make the correct moves?
What we have here is an account that might be able to stay viable IF you make no jackass moves. I'll repeat what I said. Make no jackass moves on that account. They include advice given in the remainder of the thread.

You should consider attaching another payment option to this legit ebay. Can you do that?

Leave the thoughts of the girl-friend's info as is. You plans must be to have minimal flagging happening to accounts.

Have a think of these suggestions. Ask more questions before you do a single thing too.

Good Luck

Last edited by GreenBean; 11-05-2014 at 05:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
dugunz (11-06-2014)
Old 11-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I had a stealth EB and PP account with very high selling limits a few years back. I wound up ditching the accounts when the whole tax information thing went in to effect because I couldn't provide a tax ID number for it.
To add to the suggestions of the EIN, I think it prudent to say that if there has been no activity on this account, you may be faced with limits like MC999 by ebay when there is activity.

Depends on the length of time between transactions/activity.
Old 11-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
By the way you can always add your name to the account again if you want too! If you change the name DO NOT call in right away unless its your girl. I did this once and thats how I know they CAN see old names but only when there is a strong reason to do so. If its aged ...treat it like stealth for a month and you should be set to go.
Time to re-read the guide if you have it
Old 11-05-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
You should consider attaching another payment option to this legit ebay. Can you do that?
Thanks for the advice Greenbean... Will people even still purchase items without a PP attached to it? I've heard of other payment options but I feel like most other people aren't signed up for anything but PP now.
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Some people will pay via Skrill or other accepted payment methods BUT PP is king in general.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
dugunz (11-06-2014)
Old 11-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Greenbean... Will people even still purchase items without a PP attached to it? I've heard of other payment options but I feel like most other people aren't signed up for anything but PP now.
It takes work to get them to use other methods.

Point is your account can still be 'working' of you consider a merchant account.

Old 11-08-2014

Longevity: 54%

The one question I did not see yet, WHY is your PP account limited?