Is my eBay account landmined ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-07-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Is my eBay account landmined ?

I recently had a US paypal account used for receiving website memberships closed by paypal for violating their rules. They describe the violation as file sharing, I guess because my domain had the name 'sharing' in it. Even though files don't get shared, it was their view and said the violation can not be appealed, forever 'blacklisted'. I didn't bother to contact them, but very upset as this paypal account (not stealth) I had used for 8 years.

I then changed my IP, deleted cookies and a week later logged into my spare paypal account (not stealth, have had for 10 years) to see the balance, then bought something on eBay. Purchase went through but a few days later, that paypal was closed from association to the other paypal.

I do have 1 more 3 year old eBay and paypal with mastercard 'untarnished' set of accounts sitting on the shelf. Both accounts are in my name and verified, would hate to ruin them.

Not a big seller, but would like to be able to sell some things on eBay and not make any mistakes. Read the stealth guide just now, and verified a different IP and created a different user account for the computer as suggested.

Since I never received any messages from eBay, it makes me wonder if I could buy a verified stealth paypal account and start using it with the eBay account, maybe same name but address etc would be different.

Thanks for any suggestions from the members.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Is my eBay account landmined ?

If you used all 3 accounts from the same computer with the same IP (or even without the same IP) then theyre all linked and most likely the third one is already 'dead' - it just doesn't know it yet.
Deleting the cookies and changing the IP AFTER the fact makes no difference - not to mention you forgot about the flash cookies which are STILL on your computer. The fact that the personal details - i.e. name - are the same as well makes the link a VERY strong one. I wouldn't get my hopes up about it.
I would not buy a paypal account as it will have completely differing info from the ebay account.
Do things properly. Start fresh from scratch. It is the ONLY way to be sure you have no ties to suspended/limited accounts and the ONLY way youll know you can start operating with peace of mind.
Good luck.
Old 11-07-2014

Longevity: 59%

I share Slokor's opinion....they are all most likely linked together and that 3rd one, is a "dead account walking"....go stealth with all new and you'll love not having wait for "the other shoe" to drop! Good luck!
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

They are pretty much all linked OP - make fresh new UNLINKED accounts
Old 11-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by huski View Post
I then changed my IP, deleted cookies and a week later logged into my spare paypal account (not stealth, have had for 10 years) to see the balance, then bought something on eBay. Purchase went through but a few days later, that paypal was closed from association to the other paypal.

I do have 1 more 3 year old eBay and paypal with mastercard 'untarnished' set of accounts sitting on the shelf. Both accounts are in my name and verified, would hate to ruin them.

Not a big seller, but would like to be able to sell some things on eBay and not make any mistakes. Read the stealth guide just now, and verified a different IP and created a different user account for the computer as suggested.

Since I never received any messages from eBay, it makes me wonder if I could buy a verified stealth paypal account and start using it with the eBay account, maybe same name but address etc would be different.

Thanks for any suggestions from the members.
If you did not delete flash cookies, you have linked yourself. Buying a paypal will not sort your problem either.

Start new with all matching info for ebay & paypal.