Canceling transactions? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Canceling transactions?

I have a Buy it now listing with over 400 purchases. When I need to give a someone a refund it takes me forever to find the transaction with ebays new current set up.

is there an easier way to do this?

Whats bogus is if I have a buyer who bought more then 1 item from me, I cant cancel any of them without refunding their whole purchase. What a crock of ****!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%
Default Re: Canceling transactions?

It is a pain in the butt to say the least.

The only thing I find that helps is if I press ctrl + F in ebay , put their name in the box and then go to 'find all transactions' in paypal and do the same with their user name or email.

I usually restrict how many items people can buy so I can avoid that multiple purchase stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (11-22-2014)
Old 11-22-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

if you go through ebay, does it automatically cancel the transaction with ebay to get fees refunded or do I still need to go through ebay for that?
Old 11-22-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post
if you go through ebay, does it automatically cancel the transaction with ebay to get fees refunded or do I still need to go through ebay for that?
Killed by Ebay, do not cancel any transaction. It will be count against your seller performances. If buyer want a refund or you want to issue a refund.

Click on the item's link under the buyer message you receive.
then go to "view paypal transaction" copy buyer email address
send money to buyer via email address- Do not click on refund and send money

This is the way I'm have been issuing refunds and it works just fine. It should be o.k..
Old 11-22-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

where does it count for seller performance?

Ive cancelled many transactions recently and my transactions you cancelled metric still says 0.
Old 11-22-2014

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%

It only depends on how you cancel it. Don't listen to that post above... its completey incorrect.

If you cancel it because the buyers address is incorrect or they asked to cancel it never counts against you.
Old 11-22-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Also the refund will only count if the buyer opens a case for a refund, I had buyers that didn't read the description and were questioning the item, I would point it out in the description but issue a full refund by following the link in the email and going to the paypal transaction and issue a refund and I never received a defect this way.

It wasn't a case opened just a message from the buyer, and since it was a dollar store item a lot of times I'll just refund it and tell them to keep the item, I'm not arguing over a dollar item and risking a stupid defect , and when I do this they are always happy and leave a nice positive

So refunding this way does not leave defects, I did one yesterday and another a couple weeks ago on accounts with 0 defects or just one so Id of noticed if there was another
Old 11-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Also the refund will only count if the buyer opens a case for a refund, I had buyers that didn't read the description and were questioning the item, I would point it out in the description but issue a full refund by following the link in the email and going to the paypal transaction and issue a refund and I never received a defect this way.

It wasn't a case opened just a message from the buyer, and since it was a dollar store item a lot of times I'll just refund it and tell them to keep the item, I'm not arguing over a dollar item and risking a stupid defect , and when I do this they are always happy and leave a nice positive

So refunding this way does not leave defects, I did one yesterday and another a couple weeks ago on accounts with 0 defects or just one so Id of noticed if there was another
I sometimes just check peoples feedback especially the people with alot of feedback but have bad percentage. I find it amazing how some people are so stubborn and would rather take a negative in feedback than just give someone a dollar store item...

I mean if you really think about it, its pointless. The whole point of you selling it is to get GOOD feedback haha.
Old 11-22-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
It only depends on how you cancel it. Don't listen to that post above... its completey incorrect.

If you cancel it because the buyers address is incorrect or they asked to cancel it never counts against you.
If the PP shipping address is unconfirmed/incorrect or you cancel it e/o buyer cancellation request, then it does count against you.. Three month a go, I cancel two transactions w/o notifying buyer, and it was counted against me....
Old 11-22-2014

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shani1212 View Post
If the PP shipping address is unconfirmed/incorrect or you cancel it e/o buyer cancellation request, then it does count against you.. Three month a go, I cancel two transactions w/o notifying buyer, and it was counted against me....
have you tried a buyer cancellation? those typically don't affect you
Old 11-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by shani1212 View Post
Sorry but you should have contacted eBay then. It doesn't count as a defect, you saying it does spreads falso info.

Read their policy, it clearly states the contrary.