What would you do with canceling buyer? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-13-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Question What would you do with canceling buyer?

Lets say a buyer bid on a bunch of auctions (let's say 14). Everything starts off amicable asking about combined shipping before bidding on everything. The buyer loves the combined shipping and bids on more items totaling 14 auctions over the course of a week.

Now you have no problem waiting for all the auctions to end for the combined shipping. Some ended a few days ago and some are ending in a few days.

Now it's been 10 days since the buyer's first initial bid. Out of the blue, the buyer messages you saying they need to cancel all the orders because they spent too much on Ebay and don't have enough money left for your items.

They then tell you to cancel the transactions and any bids they have to cancel those (even though there is only two days left on the auction and they have bid since day one).

So what would you do? Would you do what the buyer says? Or, would you make them retract their bids and have you file a non-paying bidder form for any items that they already won?

Oh and imagine this is on your account which is an established account and in good standing. Not a brand new one or anything. The buyer has 200 feedback and is well aware of the rules.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-13-2012

Longevity: 82%

just file to cancel their winning bids and get your listing fees back
Old 03-13-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well that would mean canceling seven auctions all at once. Is that going to look weird to Ebay?

What's really annoying is that I don't have an option to say that I'm ending my listing early because a buyer is canceling seven bids that have been on the auction since the moment they were listed. They only have two days left. So I want to cancel the auction and relist them tomorrow.

Does that look bad?
Old 03-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

You can send cancellations for the ones already ended and he can retract his own bid on the others if they are still outside of 24hrs from ending.

This might be one to call ebay and give them heads-up. Play dumb, like you do not know how to cancel them...

Also, you can limit the number of items a buyer can purchase in a set number of days. I do not allow buyers to purchase more then one.
Old 03-14-2012

Longevity: 87%

sounds like a crazy competetir bidding on your items to make you flake out. Cancel all his bids.
Old 03-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I would say you need to have better control over your listings.

Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

I attempt to exclude buyers from having that sort of power over my listings.

Too often their motives are not good
Old 03-14-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by download3000 View Post
sounds like a crazy competetir bidding on your items to make you flake out. Cancel all his bids.
It's not a competitor. Well, at least, I'm pretty sure it's not. The thing is, the buyer accidentally left positive feedback for all the items that had actually completed. I checked the star rating and they are all 5 stars. So I would imagine a competitor would want to leave poor star ratings and negative feedback.

Don't ask me why they left positive feedback before they received anything. I'm assuming they were on a feedback leaving spree and just left feedback for all their purchases.

This "feedback leaving" happened a few days before they said anything about canceling.

I'm pretty mad about this. They are a very active buyer (been looking at feedback) and I think that with all the buying they started to care less about the items they already bid on. Maybe they found something they like better and just think canceling is no bid deal.

I'm surprised no one has said "Make them retract their bids and file non-paying bidder for the rest".
Old 03-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You asked for thoughts.

You got the thoughts.

Why did you not offer that last statement for discussion.

Some steath sellers try to avoid dealing with ebay too much.

Replies were fine for stealth users.
Old 03-14-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
You asked for thoughts.

You got the thoughts.

Why did you not offer that last statement for discussion.

Some steath sellers try to avoid dealing with ebay too much.

Replies were fine for stealth users.
I didn't say they weren't fine?

I said I was surprised at the lack of choosing a certain option.
Old 03-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

With buyers like this, I don't do cancel - I do unpaid.
Old 03-14-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well, since today is a free day I decided to cancel all the auctions myself. I would have had no problem making the buyer do it but I decided to get it done quickly so I could relist the items today for free.

But with the items already ended I filed a non-paying bidder. So I guess we'll see what happens. I don't think this buyer comprehends any of the rules, strike system or whatever. Oh knows, maybe they'll end up paying because of the warning Ebay gives when you open up a claim.