I Need A Little Advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-24-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default I Need A Little Advice

Hello!

Alright, where to start..

I just bought a new account (10/650 - PayPal verified), I fully understand and can operate the stealth factor of the account as in, I know how to prevent accounts from being linked etc.. However I need some advice before I start to sell.

So far I have been trying to build a history of looking through items and asking questions but I want to get selling as soon as possible without being hit by MC999 or VeRO. From what I understand, MC999 occurs if you sell too much in a short period of time with a newly made account and VeRO only happens if you list items such as beats, armani etc..

So here's my questions:

1) How long should I wait until I start selling items such as beats (real and with tracking info)?

2) How do I correctly avoid the MC999 if I'm selling items that are not VeRO and are not too expensive?

Please correct any information I mentioned above as it will only improve my knowledge and I can spread it to others!

Thanks in advance,

GANIZ

Last edited by GANIZ; 11-24-2014 at 07:17 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-24-2014

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: I Need A Little Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GANIZ View Post
Hello!

Alright, where to start..

I just bought a new account (10/650 - PayPal verified), I fully understand and can operate the stealth factor of the account as in, I know how to prevent accounts from being linked etc.. However I need some advice before I start to sell.

So far I have been trying to build a history of looking through items and asking questions but I want to get selling as soon as possible without being hit by MC999 or VeRO. From what I understand, MC999 occurs if you sell too much in a short period of time with a newly made account and VeRO only happens if you list items such as beats, armani etc..

So here's my questions:

1) How long should I wait until I start selling items such as beats (real and with tracking info)?

2) How do I correctly avoid the MC999 if I'm selling items that are not VeRO and are not too expensive?

Please correct any information I mentioned above as it will only improve my knowledge and I can spread it to others!

Thanks in advance,

GANIZ
1 - I dont sell VERO items but from memory of past threads, which i suggest you digest, say that you should start off very low key. Low risk items to build some feedback and then slowly introduce your own stuff later down the line. As for when, id wait for replies but i think for the first couple of months id stick to low key

2 - No way of saying when you might hit.an MC999 but from my own experience, make sure you are confirmed and.verified with pp before selling if poss, start to list slowly with low key items. You can hit your ten limit listing and then wait till the next month to list again or wait for increases as they could come anytime. I just wouldnt start off with high risk items. Thats a.definate no no. As above, start low risk and slowly start to introduce your own stuff later on
Old 11-24-2014

As JamesNorth101 has stated in.another thread...some items are 6 months plus before you.should start selling them.
Stick around for replies on beats
Old 11-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
As JamesNorth101 has stated in.another thread...some items are 6 months plus before you.should start selling them.
Stick around for replies on beats
Thanks for the advice!

What are some good "low key" items I can sell at the moment? I don't care about profits at the moment..
Old 11-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I am assuming you mean "Beats by Dre" headphones?

Those are difficult to sell, because they are heavily counterfeited.

VERO does not mean counterfeit, it refers to eBay's Verified Rights Owner program.

This program allows brand owners to have listings closed if they believe that counterfeits are being sold, or their intellectual property rights are otherwise being violated.

The operative word is BELIEVE. Sometimes, newbies make the mistake of thinking that eBay or the brand owner needs PROOF the items are counterfeit to pull listings, but that is not true. They can close listings based upon SUSPICION alone. Is it fair? No. But the counterfeiters have ruined it for everyone.

The second mistake that newbies make is to come asking the question (after their listings have been closed) "why can this OTHER USER sell and I can't???" Bad luck? Nobody knows. eBay gets everyone's listings sooner or later. And they MAY have permission from the brand owner.

If you have a legitimate source of supply, you might want to email the VERO member and ask their permission to sell. Many brand owners will give you their permission if you can prove your items are legitimate. They don't HAVE TO, but many will. I am unsure about the item in question, but it is the ONLY way I can see you selling these in any volume without having problems.

And, not meaning to be insulting, but are you SURE they are the real thing? Some counterfeits look VERY GOOD and are not obvious counterfeits. And nobody is going to TELL YOU they are selling you counterfeits. So, unless you have a LEGITIMATE DISTRIBUTOR, your items MAY BE suspect.

The thing is, for HOT brand name items, such as "Beats by Dre" there is NO LEGITIMATE source of items at huge discounts. When a department store sells a pair for $150, they MIGHT make $10. That is how it works with popular items. If you are buying these from China for $25 each, they are counterfeits. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just telling you what you NEED to know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
ilcarletto (11-24-2014), TonyAlmeida (11-24-2014)
Old 11-24-2014

Quote:
Thanks for the advice!

What are some good "low key" items I can sell at the moment? I don't care about profits at the moment..
household items im afraid.
I sell used clothing and have not hit any problems yet but im going careful. Using high street and unbranded names and saving designer names till much later on :-)
Old 11-24-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I am assuming you mean "Beats by Dre" headphones?

Those are difficult to sell, because they are heavily counterfeited.

VERO does not mean counterfeit, it refers to eBay's Verified Rights Owner program.

This program allows brand owners to have listings closed if they believe that counterfeits are being sold, or their intellectual property rights are otherwise being violated.

The operative word is BELIEVE. Sometimes, newbies make the mistake of thinking that eBay or the brand owner needs PROOF the items are counterfeit to pull listings, but that is not true. They can close listings based upon SUSPICION alone. Is it fair? No. But the counterfeiters have ruined it for everyone.

The second mistake that newbies make is to come asking the question (after their listings have been closed) "why can this OTHER USER sell and I can't???" Bad luck? Nobody knows. eBay gets everyone's listings sooner or later. And they MAY have permission from the brand owner.

If you have a legitimate source of supply, you might want to email the VERO member and ask their permission to sell. Many brand owners will give you their permission if you can prove your items are legitimate. They don't HAVE TO, but many will. I am unsure about the item in question, but it is the ONLY way I can see you selling these in any volume without having problems.

And, not meaning to be insulting, but are you SURE they are the real thing? Some counterfeits look VERY GOOD and are not obvious counterfeits. And nobody is going to TELL YOU they are selling you counterfeits. So, unless you have a LEGITIMATE DISTRIBUTOR, your items MAY BE suspect.

The thing is, for HOT brand name items, such as "Beats by Dre" there is NO LEGITIMATE source of items at huge discounts. When a department store sells a pair for $150, they MIGHT make $10. That is how it works with popular items. If you are buying these from China for $25 each, they are counterfeits. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just telling you what you NEED to know.
Thanks for the information and yes I mean legitimate beats that are used of course. I also have a question regarding EXIF on pictures, what is that about?
Old 11-24-2014

Quote:
Thanks for the information and yes I mean legitimate beats that are used of course. I also have a question regarding EXIF on pictures, what is that about?
I use an exif eraser. It removes any links from pictures you have made before or being taken from.same device.
Thats my understanding of it anyway. I use mobile devices that have been used before to take photos for ebay,,,,so i run each new photo through an exif eraser :-)
Old 11-24-2014

Try and make photos as.different as poss...
For me...i take them in different rooms, different angles and even resorting to.subtle special effects :-)
Old 11-24-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

There's actually a really great sale this weekend for beats solo HD which retail for 199 they are going for $79 at best buy I seen $97 at target

Also the beats pill I seen will be $100 off normally $200 will be $100

I never went shopping on Black Friday and never bothered to look at any sales , but last night I was looking at an App that brings up whatever store you want weekly catalog and I was shocked , now I know why people camp out outside the stores

I'm sure they take losses on these items , I seen the Galaxy S3 will be $79 for sprint prepaid retail is over $200, and make up with huge sales from the angry mobs on other items
Old 11-24-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Of course they make PLENTY OF MONEY on black Friday! Walmart, Best Buy, whatever... They always advertise things a lot of people would want at ridiculously low prices, like a 50" TV for $149 - BUT there are 20 per store. They probably lose money on each one of the big items like that. The secondary items, the ones that are cheaper than normal but not quite at giveaway prices, they probably break even on.

On the THOUSANDS of items that people buy while they are in the store more than make up for the little bit of loss on 20 TV's, iPads, or whatever...
Old 11-25-2014

Longevity: 60%

wait 2 weeks list auctions wait for ebays poke, then sell slow
Old 11-25-2014

Longevity: 64%

If you are going to sell Beats it is going to be problematic all day every day. Anything Vero is. Lots of luck.