Buyer had item delivered. Opened up case someone stole it off his porch - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-15-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Buyer had item delivered. Opened up case someone stole it off his porch

I had this happen to a guy at an apartment, my delivery and several others that were supposed to show up all disappeared one day. He opened a case. I was very helpful and offered to call his local post office, told him to check with apartment manager/office, or neighbors. It was never found to my knowledge. I "lost" the case (it was closed in his favor if I remember correctly) but I still received my money for the item. It was just a little over $100 in worth.

I don't know if because I sent the item (it showed DELIVERED) and he claimed it wasn't there that eb/pp took the hit for the items or what.

Package theft is always around though, especially in busy neighborhoods. I've seen lots and lots of houses where they just leave a nice stack next to the door (mine included). Even my friends apartment building, his whole hall had almost a dozen amazon boxes just left in the hallway between all his neighbors!

Last edited by Salvo; 12-15-2014 at 07:58 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Buyer had item delivered. Opened up case someone stole it off his porch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
I had this happen to a guy at an apartment, my delivery and several others that were supposed to show up all disappeared one day. He opened a case. I was very helpful and offered to call his local post office, told him to check with apartment manager/office, or neighbors. It was never found to my knowledge. I "lost" the case (it was closed in his favor if I remember correctly) but I still received my money for the item. It was just a little over $100 in worth.

I don't know if because I sent the item (it showed DELIVERED) and he claimed it wasn't there that eb/pp took the hit for the items or what.

Package theft is always around though, especially in busy neighborhoods. I've seen lots and lots of houses where they just leave a nice stack next to the door (mine included). Even my friends apartment building, his whole hall had almost a dozen amazon boxes just left in the hallway between all his neighbors!
If the item says delivered and he opened a case because it wasn't delivered, you would have won the case in your favor. You sure there wasn't something more to this?

And see, the problem is, everyone wants things with signiture confirmation, won't pay for it, and start complaining when they are NEVER home to sign for the package, and have to wait, or go to the post office, which they sometimes can't. Worse even, is if they aren't able to pick it up and it gets returned to sender!
Old 12-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
If the item says delivered and he opened a case because it wasn't delivered, you would have won the case in your favor. You sure there wasn't something more to this?

And see, the problem is, everyone wants things with signature confirmation, won't pay for it, and start complaining when they are NEVER home to sign for the package, and have to wait, or go to the post office, which they sometimes can't. Worse even, is if they aren't able to pick it up and it gets returned to sender!
That is one of the reason I NEVER get a signature unless I am suspecting an issue.

BY-THE-WAY, if a buyer refuses delivery, ebay will take action against the buyer and pay you and you keep the item when returned. Not sure if that is for all accounts but accounts in Top Customer Care, it happens.
Old 12-15-2014

Longevity: 54%

Fight the case, in eBay's eyes you did your part and they will side with you.
Old 12-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Yup!

The great thing about stealth accounts is, WHO CARES? I have bundles of accounts waiting to be used. Why even fight with it? That account obviously has an issue. NEXT!
Nice and simple approach hah
Old 12-15-2014

RSOT, not every1 has sh*t load of accounts like you...
The Following User Says Thank You to john007 For This Useful Post:
james13v (12-16-2014)
Old 12-15-2014

Longevity: 73%

I had something like this happen to me. I sent a package from the US to the UK. Two days AFTER the package showed delivered the buyer opened a "did not receive" case. Went back and forth with her and then I escalated the case the minute I could. As soon as I escalated the case the buyer then wrote and stated that the package was waiting at her post office, duty was due and she wanted me to pay it. I have sent this same item multiple times to the UK and have never had a buyer have to pay a duty tax. Buyer left negative feedback. I reported the buyer via the resolution center and also blocked her. The case was closed in my favor and the negative feedback was removed. Finally, a good ending to an eB story!!
Old 12-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by john007 View Post
RSOT, not every1 has sh*t load of accounts like you...
everyone can....
Old 12-16-2014

I have 2 of these cases going on now in different parts of country. Both were FedEx ground.
Old 12-16-2014
Threadstarter  

Buyer hasn't responded to the case yet
Old 12-16-2014

everything takes time with ebay, when the time is due ebay will step in and give the ruling.
Old 12-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I have had a few of these. I will replace the item if they file a police report which I need for my insurance claim. Most of the time they wont.
Old 12-17-2014
Threadstarter  

thanks guys

Quote:
We received tracking information from you before or at the time the buyer opened the case that shows the item was delivered to the buyer's address. You don't need to do anything else. Because we decided in your favor, this case, any feedback left, and all detailed seller ratings left, will not affect your seller performance. In addition, any feedback left for this transaction will be removed. Note: It may take up to 24 hours for these updates to reflect in your Seller Dashboard.
Old 12-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Obviously I'd win the case. But he can still tarnish me. And can't he open a SNID after the fact?
Just refund his money AND send him another of the item.

SHEESH......Seriously, you know your priorities, financial status, and account status better than anybody. It kills me to see people come in here for advice from total strangers on this kind of subject.

You and only you know the value of your item versus your ability to withstand the worst possible feedback/DSR.
Old 12-17-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket View Post

SHEESH......Seriously, you know your priorities, financial status, and account status better than anybody. It kills me to see people come in here for advice from total strangers on this kind of subject.

You and only you know the value of your item versus your ability to withstand the worst possible feedback/DSR.
Seriously? I come on here, to total strangers, that have been doing this for a combined 100's of years. They have experienced just about anything I have, can, or will experience.

I was asking for advice on how to deal with a situation that many people have dealt with before.

If I would have taken your advice, I'd have been out TWO watches, and wtf is the point of that?
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-17-2014)
Old 12-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Terrible advice IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
james13v (12-17-2014)
Old 12-17-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:

Clearly you didn't read the whole thread
Old 12-17-2014

I told you you would win this one!