I'm opening a retail outlet to sell my products - will I still have problems opening - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-23-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default I'm opening a retail outlet to sell my products - will I still have problems opening

As the title says, if I'm trading in a brand new address under a business (eg. Electronics Ltd, High St, London). I have a brand new Internet connection, laptop and the business is under my legit name (which wasn't used when I got banned originally) - in this scenario would I be able to operate an eBay account just how every other business owner does - would I be able to call them for limit increases etc?

I understand this would put all my eggs in one basket but I would be committed to this retail business anyways with a minimum contract on the premises for at least a couple of years.

Anyways just wanted feedback on this idea.

Zak.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: I'm opening a retail outlet to sell my products - will I still have problems ope

It will always be a risk to ring eBay for an increase. Its always advised to not do that. Even non stealth accounts will have issues pretty often when ringing.

You will still need to use a stealth names and stealth DOB
Old 12-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: I'm opening a retail outlet to sell my products - will I still have problems ope

While this plan may/will work as you put it, your putting all your eggs in one basket. What's your backup plan? What happens if your Business account goes down? Will you be running Stealths at the same time?
Old 12-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I agree with MM78. It is one thing to hope for the best, but this is eBay we are talking about, so hope for the best and plan for the worst. I would have several different accounts.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to do a business account at you new business address. I have put pictures of my store in my ads, my world, etc. It DOES make you look more legit, but it is NO guarantee that you won't eventually lose the account.
Old 12-23-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

It's not just stealth users that are encouraged never to call for limit increases, it's eBay sellers in General, if you set up your stealth account the proper way than it should be just as solid as a regular account, and even stronger because of our insight into how to operate.

All my Stealths all have been better accounts than my original, because with stealth accounts I actually learned the true way to operate

When I,had my real account i operated reckless looking back, I had perfect feedback when I was restricted, but I called in received a limit increase and than called again 2 days later asking for a higher increase, when I hung up, all listings were taken down and when I called in they just refused to tell me anything, no reason, no appeal

My real account lasted 3 months with 1 month of really selling, the first 2 I was just playing around listing a few things I had, and than I found a product and supplier and it was DECEMBER and I made 3 eBay accounts all hooked up to one paypal all selling the same items

So foolish in operations , but by the Time u find out it's too late, eBay doesn't give second chances, rarely
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
pokerpro (12-23-2014)