Stealth account, call EBAy to request higher selling allowance? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Thumbs up Re: Stealth account, call EBAy to request higher selling allowance?

Yep...or i mean Yes (regular English) i m in da usa....i am in the usa.....i suppose rubbish means trash..i dont mean to give you all rap rubbish but i hope the thread starter understood. ..i m nowhere near greenbeans or joshooze echelon..i apologize that i broke this forum's rules..i was birthed in lakenheath Air force base in london but ya...I mean yeah it is easier texting this way....next time ill do da as da/the, dat/that n/and/in/& or ok as okay.....n yo yo yo i don't really speak thuganese<~~where does that come from i am sorry can you familiarize me with that land is it like china and Chinese? I am just tryna help n get help i am sorry that my lack of texting/typing ability exacerbates people's comprehension i will try harder next time.....point taken.

Last edited by Drecn; 12-30-2014 at 04:55 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drecn For This Useful Post:
progetter92 (12-30-2014), Trustfund (08-03-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Stealth account, call EBAy to request higher selling allowance?

True.

I met the same. So was asking if possible to call EBAY? I am going to risk one of my stealth account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
I've had an account almost 2 years now, listing $4998 of the $5000 limit with $1000-2300 sales a month, and STILL no increase. So yeah, natural doesn't always work.
Old 12-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

I have called ebay to get a higher allowance on more than one account, just make sure you have all your details ready and the reasons for the higher allowance, oh and ring from a number that's not on the account or linked to others.
Old 12-30-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 72%

So any accounts that shut down by EBAY due to the call?

Thanks for your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by vauxalot View Post
I have called ebay to get a higher allowance on more than one account, just make sure you have all your details ready and the reasons for the higher allowance, oh and ring from a number that's not on the account or linked to others.
Old 12-30-2014

Longevity: 64%

Mayward from the way you type i just assume your not a native english speaker and if that is true dont call ebay it would be extremely risky
Old 01-01-2015

Longevity: 55%

this all sounds crazy to me. if i'm reaching my limit i'm calling in. don't see what the issue could be. they ask your name and verify your address and just ask how much you want to increase. why would they punish you? anyone has been punished for calling in? just call and be confident. grow a pair
Old 01-01-2015

If you guys are calling in please do report back your outcome if you get limited or have issues, looks like not enough have reported back to confirm to you guys why you don't call in. But to each their own
Old 01-01-2015

If you call for a limit increase you are at high risk to get limited, let me repeat if you call your at high risk. I do not understand what you need limit increases for? I personally do not have any paypal limit ever because i just crwate another account, i am truly missing something and you guys saying it has not been tested you must be drunk it is all over this forum to not call
Old 01-01-2015

The point is if you call in you are not just going to get asked a few simple questions as would have happened in the past, now in the UK, people who call in are being asked crazily intrusive questions straight from credit files and other forms of ID records, such as details of bank loans and credit agreements that the users have had years ago, and when things are getting that deep clearly this is'nt a course of action to be taken lightly, not something to be rushed into lightly because other misguided forum members on here who have not even created any new accounts recently or had any reasons to call in, are telling you that there is no real reason for not calling in!
Old 01-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
The point is if you call in you are not just going to get asked a few simple questions as would have happened in the past, now in the UK, people who call in are being asked crazily intrusive questions straight from credit files and other forms of ID records, such as details of bank loans and credit agreements that the users have had years ago, and when things are getting that deep clearly this is'nt a course of action to be taken lightly, not something to be rushed into lightly because other misguided forum members on here who have not even created any new accounts recently or had any reasons to call in, are telling you that there is no real reason for not calling in!
When did this start? In the last 6 years I've never been asked these sorts of questions by UK ebay. They use something like what you describing on the U.S. platform.
Old 01-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
When did this start? In the last 6 years I've never been asked these sorts of questions by UK ebay. They use something like what you describing on the U.S. platform.
Where have you been in the lead up to Christmas? When forum members have been posting about this and it has been mentioned more than once that 29/12/2014 would be the official start date for the new policies, people have been posting about being asked these very types of questions!
Old 01-01-2015

ive recently gotten into stealth. my idea was to get accounts that I can raise my limits in ebay when needed. I've been selling a lot on my original account. in december i had over 1000 sales. but it started to get a few negatives that brought me down to 99.7% feedback. so now that i have a few new stealth accounts, i was hoping to increase those limits when needed. and im sure i'll need to do it soon if sales start picking up quick. but now after reading that everyone is saying that i shouldn't call in, i'm starting to think that i'll have to just keep creating or purchasing new accounts and having them rotate. sounds like a pain since i would rather have just a few that keep increasing in feedback and not over a few years, but every day.

so is it not likely to have a stealth account that gets a limit increase in ebay for like 300-500 items a month? or more?
Old 01-01-2015

The whole purpose of stealth is to spread risk
Old 01-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayward View Post
So any accounts that shut down by EBAY due to the call?

Thanks for your experience
Listen: we already TOLD you that users have had good accounts limited becasue the sellers FAILED the questions.

Old 01-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

stub·born
adjective
adjective: stubborn
Having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-02-2015)
Old 01-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by talos View Post
ive recently gotten into stealth. my idea was to get accounts that I can raise my limits in ebay when needed. I've been selling a lot on my original account. in december i had over 1000 sales. but it started to get a few negatives that brought me down to 99.7% feedback. so now that i have a few new stealth accounts, i was hoping to increase those limits when needed. and im sure i'll need to do it soon if sales start picking up quick. but now after reading that everyone is saying that i shouldn't call in, i'm starting to think that i'll have to just keep creating or purchasing new accounts and having them rotate. sounds like a pain since i would rather have just a few that keep increasing in feedback and not over a few years, but every day.

so is it not likely to have a stealth account that gets a limit increase in ebay for like 300-500 items a month? or more?

NO! You won't find an account that has limit increases frequently and even less to those high limits, those take years to get in a normal natural increase. And again the point in stealth is to spread risk NOT to have a couple of accounts with 1000 limit each, but some people want the easy and lazy way and then start crying when one of those go down and don't have the backups to continue.

Get 20 accounts and build them all up from scratch and you'll be happier and sleep better, just take a little more work.
The Following User Says Thank You to trosky For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-02-2015)
Old 01-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosky View Post
Get 20 accounts and build them all up from scratch and you'll be happier and sleep better, just take a little more work.
Well done for grapsing that.

The I want now mentality can kill ebay accounts.

Mind, one less seller for me to compete with: maybe I should encourage the
silliness.

Old 01-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Where have you been in the lead up to Christmas? When forum members have been posting about this and it has been mentioned more than once that 29/12/2014 would be the official start date for the new policies, people have been posting about being asked these very types of questions!
You seem to be talking about Paypal policy changes.

This thread is about the pros and cons of phoning up UK ebay to request higher selling limits. UK ebay have never asked credit reference related questions when calling up to request higher selling limits. This is something they do on the US site.

As for where I've been, I've been on this forum everyday, same as I have done for the last 6 years. In addition to that I have been working on various ideas in an attempt to resolve the current UK issues.

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 01-02-2015 at 04:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Trustfund (08-03-2015)
Old 01-02-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

Well I should have read the don't call thing before the last 3 days. I made the mistake of calling 3 days in a row no less. I completely screwed my account over. Took me 8 months for 25 measly feedbacks. The rep on the phone was so rude to me and warned me that restrictions on my account would be put right back on. When I asked what I needed to do to get them off he stated he "couldn't tell me that". When I asked for timeframes "he couldn't" tell me that. And had two of my friends accounts temporarily closed for leaving me pos fb. Saying it was "shilling". Its been a horrific 3 days. I am assuming my account will be shut down soon.
Old 01-02-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnu View Post
Well I should have read the don't call thing before the last 3 days. I made the mistake of calling 3 days in a row no less. I completely screwed my account over. Took me 8 months for 25 measly feedbacks. The rep on the phone was so rude to me and warned me that restrictions on my account would be put right back on. When I asked what I needed to do to get them off he stated he "couldn't tell me that". When I asked for timeframes "he couldn't" tell me that. And had two of my friends accounts temporarily closed for leaving me pos fb. Saying it was "shilling". Its been a horrific 3 days. I am assuming my account will be shut down soon.

Exactly why we say not to call, attracting attention and making ebay employee go through your account to review everything has so many risks that is not worth it. Let's hope this helps some other members.
Old 01-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Rough to hear nearnu - best, when moving forward, to let accounts grow naturally
Old 01-02-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnu View Post
What exactly happened, and how does it relate to your phone calls. Looks like you were shut down for shilling, not for calling in.