How do I make my 'Location' read 'United States'? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-29-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default How do I make my 'Location' read 'United States'?

This is something I've wondered for years: How do I make my location read "United States" on item listings? I've noticed that several sellers seem to be able to do this, but I've never figured out how, and besides being something that's bugged me for a long, long time, it also occurs to me that it may be useful vis-a-vis stealth accounts and so forth.
No matter what I attempted to do, my item listings always showed my city and state. I was always somewhat envious of those sellers who had - purposefully or not - just "United States," no city, no state.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-29-2014

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: How do I make my 'Location' read 'United States'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskolnik View Post
This is something I've wondered for years: How do I make my location read "United States" on item listings? I've noticed that several sellers seem to be able to do this, but I've never figured out how, and besides being something that's bugged me for a long, long time, it also occurs to me that it may be useful vis-a-vis stealth accounts and so forth.
No matter what I attempted to do, my item listings always showed my city and state. I was always somewhat envious of those sellers who had - purposefully or not - just "United States," no city, no state.
I may be completely wrong here as this is guess work.
Each time you individually list an item, somewhere towards bottom of page is item location which would have your postcode/ zip code entered in already. Could that be changed?
I would imagine doing this is a bad idea incase of a manual review....your address not matching item location. Would they think your dropshipping as they frown upon that.
May be completely wrong here but was just a thought
Old 12-29-2014

Longevity: 64%

ooooo.halo is correct.

When listing your item (or editing your listing), look for "Item Location" at the very bottom. Click change location and from there you can input "United States", or "USA" in the "City, State" box. You can leave the zip code box blank. And then your listings will say "USA, United States" or whatever you entered as the location.
Old 12-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for trying to answer my question, but that's one of the things I tried - no dice.
I suppose it isn't really a big deal, but it's always bugged me.
As far as raising a flag or whatever, I don't think so, but of course I don't actually know. The reason I say 'I don't think so' is that it seems to me from what I've seen that there's no real correlation between the generic item location ("United States") and volume, price point, overall success, and so forth.
Still though, that's an interesting point, considering the stealth aspect, and raises another question: If/When I do learn how to make my location "United States" only (no city, state), would it indeed be a bad idea/not recommended on a stealth account? (Experienced stealth-ers are especially encouraged to respond. Thank you!)
Old 12-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Hm. That's really strange, because I've tried it several times with several different items, thinking that was the answer for sure, but it's never worked. It always lists my City and State no matter what I do.
Oh well, I suppose it isn't that big of a deal, but even so, if anyone else has any other ideas, please let me know.
Old 12-29-2014

Longevity: 64%

That is strange indeed. I literally just revised one of my listings as a test and it worked fine. Did you make sure to delete the zip code field and leave it blank? It won't work if you have your zip code still there.
Old 12-29-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Thanks for trying to answer my question, but that's one of the things I tried - no dice.
I suppose it isn't really a big deal, but it's always bugged me.
As far as raising a flag or whatever, I don't think so, but of course I don't actually know. The reason I say 'I don't think so' is that it seems to me from what I've seen that there's no real correlation between the generic item location ("United States") and volume, price point, overall success, and so forth.
Still though, that's an interesting point, considering the stealth aspect, and raises another question: If/When I do learn how to make my location "United States" only (no city, state), would it indeed be a bad idea/not recommended on a stealth account? (Experienced stealth-ers are especially encouraged to respond. Thank you!)
I dont think it would raise as big a flag by listing USA as opposed to a state. I was thinking that you meant being in a completely different place.
If your address is registered to say california and you lived in texas, then i wouldnt have thought it a big deal to put USA.
But if you registered to california and set location to texas, then that could well cause problems.
I may be completely wrong here but i know what your saying.
Quite often on my buying account, il key in my postcode if i want a large collection only item. Most will list with there town, but i have come across a few which say GBritain.
This is what is confusing because if i have searched for my postcode and an item comes up as GB, then it makes me wonder how it got pulled if the person listed as GB
Im probably not making sense here am i lol
Old 12-29-2014
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
How do I make my location read "United States" on item listings?
Took me a few minutes, but I figured it out.

Bring up your revise page and find "Item location" ...it's kind of hidden right above Return policy.

Click on "Change location"

Once you are there, removed the Zip Code (DO NOT Click Apply)

and Remove whatever you have in the City, State box

In the City, State box type in "United States" or when ever you want.

and click "Save"

The Following User Says Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
raskolnik (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014
Threadstarter  

Ah HA! Thank you! My mistake was hitting Apply (I'm pretty sure; it's been a while since I tried it).
Awesome! Thanks everyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to raskolnik For This Useful Post:
TGMT² (12-29-2014)