Any linking through shipping/tracking? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-29-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (1)
Default Any linking through shipping/tracking?

If you run accounts with out of state info, can ebay/paypal link accounts due to the shipment tracking info saying the item was shipping from your city/state?

Example: you run an account in say Virginia...you live in Montana. You print out the shipping label on ebay/paypal and it has the shipping address as Virginia. But when you drop it at the post office, the tracking shows as originating in Montana.

Does this cause issues? I havent had problems but if you run multiple out of state accounts, can anything be linked that way?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 12-29-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 288
Thanks: 63
Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

I know exactly what you are saying. I have actually been shipping from the same location and having 50 accounts all over the country.

I do not believe this causes issues. However I did start making accounts around my IP location or at least within 30 miles or so. That way it is explainable, and I try to make an effort to go to a few different local post offices.

If it is a way for them to connect your accounts and cause limitations or suspensions there isnt really anyway to confirm that is whats going on. You can either make an effort just incase or just not worry about it.

Also I have however had BUYERS figure this out and see it. They ask things like why did it ship from so and so when it says you live and ship from blah.
So usually oh I was visiting family out of state and took the item with me to ship just incase it sold so on...or just a simple I have no idea thats weird.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-29-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 153
Thanks: 35
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifewild View Post
I know exactly what you are saying. I have actually been shipping from the same location and having 50 accounts all over the country.

I do not believe this causes issues. However I did start making accounts around my IP location or at least within 30 miles or so. That way it is explainable, and I try to make an effort to go to a few different local post offices.

If it is a way for them to connect your accounts and cause limitations or suspensions there isnt really anyway to confirm that is whats going on. You can either make an effort just incase or just not worry about it.

Also I have however had BUYERS figure this out and see it. They ask things like why did it ship from so and so when it says you live and ship from blah.
So usually oh I was visiting family out of state and took the item with me to ship just incase it sold so on...or just a simple I have no idea thats weird.
With UPS they allow you to put "Shipping Dept" on the return label without putting your name which allows you to use them as your Shipping Dept.

I don't know about USPS but I know UPS does that.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nostro For This Useful Post:
livelifewild (12-30-2014), vogeltron (12-30-2014)
  #4  
Old 12-29-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,410
Thanks: 242
Thanked 1,583 Times in 1,074 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

When printing the postage out with eBay , before u purchase the postage your able to change the ship From Zip code

Now this does not change the return address on the postage it just changes where u are shipping the item from and I'll put the actual state zip that I'm in

I use a lot of Regional Priority Mail Boxes so the location from where I ship matters in determining postage

I never had any issues
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (12-30-2014)
  #5  
Old 12-30-2014
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 407
Thanked 662 Times in 490 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
When printing the postage out with eBay , before u purchase the postage your able to change the ship From Zip code

Now this does not change the return address on the postage it just changes where u are shipping the item from and I'll put the actual state zip that I'm in

I use a lot of Regional Priority Mail Boxes so the location from where I ship matters in determining postage

I never had any issues
Good advice I do this to. You don't always have to use the exact same zip code either. Just one in the general region works for this.

I have been doing stealth's all over for 6+ years now. Never had a problem with the location. I worry more about the buyers asking why it came out of somewhere else than eBay on my accounts. I usually say I am a college kid or something like that. Have really never had that question. I do try to keep everything in the same geographic region though.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
rsot (12-30-2014)
  #6  
Old 12-30-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 60,525
Thanks: 4,745
Thanked 7,333 Times in 6,687 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 78%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Keeping everything in the same geographic region...meaning account creation?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-30-2014
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 407
Thanked 662 Times in 490 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Keeping everything in the same geographic region...meaning account creation?
Yea, I try to keep it believable. I am on the West Coast. So I make accounts in surrounding states. No reason to make accounts int NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE, etc. When I am out here. CA, NV, AZ, OR is fine it is believable especially from where I ship from.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-30-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 288
Thanks: 63
Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Yea, I try to keep it believable. I am on the West Coast. So I make accounts in surrounding states. No reason to make accounts int NY, NJ, PA, MD, DE, etc. When I am out here. CA, NV, AZ, OR is fine it is believable especially from where I ship from.
Exactly! that is what I do...now lol.
When I was newer to stealth I did literally ALL over the country. As I got more experienced I started making accounts in my local region, all states very close to me. Thats what I meant with the creating accounts within 30 miles or less of my IP LOCATION.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-30-2014
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

I run a few accounts in different states, butbalways use an IP close to that region the account is in. When making the labels in ebay, it will say label created in XX then when it is scanned at the post office, it will say the item was picked up or whatever in YY. Nobody has said anything about it yet, but curious if it would be an issue with ebay/paypal.

The other thing is printing labels on different accounts...will ebay/paypal system see that you are using the same printer and link you that way?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-31-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 288
Thanks: 63
Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
I run a few accounts in different states, butbalways use an IP close to that region the account is in. When making the labels in ebay, it will say label created in XX then when it is scanned at the post office, it will say the item was picked up or whatever in YY. Nobody has said anything about it yet, but curious if it would be an issue with ebay/paypal.

The other thing is printing labels on different accounts...will ebay/paypal system see that you are using the same printer and link you that way?
A few years ago I asked the same question, about the printer and such. According to other members on the forum, NO
They can not link you through your printer.

Whatever problems I have had with accounts going down or being linked in the passed has had nothing to do with my printer, I am sure of it lol
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-31-2014
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Good to have clarification.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-01-2015
hapajenn1's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 280
Thanks: 152
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Is the recommendation to simply use the "Print Postage" option within Eb/PP itself? I used to use Stamps.com but find it inconvenient if you need to link numerous stealth seller accounts to the same Stamps account --

Is there any consensus for the best method in this situation?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-04-2015
hapajenn1's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 280
Thanks: 152
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Update on managing Tracking info on multiple stealths: after some browsing it appears you can use Stamps.com to link multiple EB accs, but remember unique IP addy each time. then you can sign onto the Stamps.com from any IP after everythings linked. this appears to be the simplest method, does anyone agree?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hapajenn1 For This Useful Post:
mchgrt (04-01-2015)
  #14  
Old 03-16-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,126
Thanks: 11
Thanked 750 Times in 578 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Interestingly, it doesn't matter where you actually put the package in the mail, it is credited in the tracking to the zip code/location of origin.

I mostly use Auctiva, when I do I can use my own address on the FROM part of the label, (I do use a generic name, though) and EB doesn't see anything but the tracking number.

I also use locations, IP & physical within about 75 miles of my home on my accounts, although I have used places across the country with no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-01-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 120
Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Any linking through shipping/tracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapajenn1 View Post
Update on managing Tracking info on multiple stealths: after some browsing it appears you can use Stamps.com to link multiple EB accs, but remember unique IP addy each time. then you can sign onto the Stamps.com from any IP after everythings linked. this appears to be the simplest method, does anyone agree?
Yes. Thanks for the reminder to change IP's when generating your eBay token.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
photo tracking / linking question animekings99 eBay Tracking 19 12-09-2014 01:34 AM
Shipping with no tracking Kelly441 Amazon 27 02-07-2014 03:01 PM
Linking through Shipping address DeanChev eBay Tracking 0 10-10-2012 08:24 AM
linking because of tracking information? 2000chevyman eBay Tracking 3 03-21-2012 12:29 AM
Cell Phone tracking and linking? 2000chevyman eBay Suspensions 9 04-14-2011 04:58 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts