eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Advice plse re defect (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/82455-advice-plse-re-defect.html)

Maxipriest 02-03-2015 02:49 PM

Advice plse re defect

Hi

I deal in clothing and have had people open a return case if an item doesn't fit them, as this is counting as a defect I am getting a poor percentage. Is there anyone who deals in clothing and can advice how I can get rid of these defects.

Thx

ooooo.halo 02-03-2015 03:11 PM

Re: Advice plse re defect

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxipriest (Post 638218)
Hi

I deal in clothing and have had people open a return case if an item doesn't fit them, as this is counting as a defect I am getting a poor percentage. Is there anyone who deals in clothing and can advice how I can get rid of these defects.

Thx

This is simply one unfortunate issue when selling clothing.
Very important to list measurements as much as you can.
I agree its a nightmare.
In most cases, buyer usually contacts you first before opening a case.
If its low value, i refund and it all ends well.
You shouldnt have to do that i agree but buyers always have the upper hand.
Ive found myself on cheap items that they are more than happy to keep the item and get get the refund too
Unfortunately these are the joys of selling.clothes. im with you on that :-)

RosieTosie 02-03-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Hi

Thx

Halo is right you cannot add too may measurements Maxipriest, the more you add the less room you leave the buyer to find problems over sizing, whether it is sleeve or leg lengths, anything like that. The more information about fit as well, whether is a smaller snug fit or a looser fit, tell them everything you can, that all helps to avoid issues down the line. Take care of these sizing issues and make sure you ship as speedily as you can with good packaging,

Maxipriest 02-04-2015 02:09 AM

Hi Rosie

Thanks for your reply, I was wondering if you could PM an example of the letter you include to the customer explaining the defect system.

Thx

GreenBean 02-04-2015 02:23 AM

Quote:

Hi

Thx

This thread may go some way to help with the issues....

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...e-sellers.html

Read it over and see how it might help your listings.

What do you use for listings?

just_smile 02-04-2015 04:15 AM

Quote:

Hi

Thx

If your customers are abusing the returns system, make sure you report them to ebay.

If its causing your account issues ie close to the 5% threshold, you could try appealing the defects.

Do you sell new or second hand goods?

RosieTosie 02-04-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxipriest (Post 638413)
Hi Rosie

Thanks for your reply, I was wondering if you could PM an example of the letter you include to the customer explaining the defect system.

Thx

Hi Maxi hope my private message back to you helped to steer you in the right direction!