How to pay ebay fees & do it safely - Page 16 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-12-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: How to pay ebay fees & do it safely

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here. Trying my best to understand things. My 2 questions (sorry if they've been answered:

1) I keep seeing that its a bad idea to pay eBay fees with PayPal but I don't see WHY. What if I leave a couple hundred bucks surplus in my account to cover the fees? I suppose theres always the possibility of the PayPal balance not being able to cover the required fees for whatever reasons (payment holds, pending payments, etc), but in the event that it was always kept up to par... there would be no problem, right?

2) Lets say we DO have zero balance in our PayPal, and ebay draws fees from the bank account tied to your PayPal. But let's say the associated bank account is a business account , NOT a personal account (e.g., biz checking for XYZ trading co.). When PayPal forces the withdrawal from your bank, would they still see your personal name on the account? Or just the business name "XYZ". Would they see the address?

Thanks!
1) I've always let eBay dip into my PayPal balance every month and take their fees. Its so much simpler and easier, rather than loading up VCCs each month. I've not had an issue to date with this.

P.S. I make it a habit to never withdraw my entire balance. I'll always leave around 25% behind to cover fees, disputes, one off holds etc.

2) There have been times where there wasn't a sufficient balance. In which case loading a VCC does the trick.

What name will PayPal see? It should be Business, but I would put that down to the bank itself, i.e. how much it wants to divuldge. But even if it did give the personal name too, its very unlikely PayPal will use it to link you to another account, just by the "name". Bear in mind they have nearly 200 million users, thats -> 200,000,000 ... and Im sure someone else has your name.

Bank address - no they dont dish that information out.

To summarise, using your PayPal balance to cover fees is fine. I've not had a single issue to date.

Good Luck
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
BobMustafa (05-21-2017), ernest2449 (12-02-2017), Gambitv01 (01-03-2019), Kimsa (03-09-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2017

Longevity: 69%

There is NOTHING wrong with letting eBay take fees from pay pal as long as you leave enough to cover the fee. Buying cards to pay is a waste of time & $$$
The Following User Says Thank You to jojo2012 For This Useful Post:
johnwick1 (05-11-2018)
Old 04-18-2017

Longevity: 40%

Well said, and I think its funny how some people here are hating haha.
Old 08-05-2017

Longevity: 41%

Its a great post. But i have a question can we pay via paypal instead credit card?. The reason is i am little bit lazy to find my card and typing 16 digits
Old 10-09-2017

Longevity: 38%
Send a message via Skype™ to Flipinit

There is something called Privacy.com that allows you to make many cards as you like with set spending limits and they pull the funds straight from your bank account that is attached.
Old 10-09-2017

Longevity: 38%
Send a message via Skype™ to Flipinit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
Doesn't eBay make you accept an agreement to get charged with your paypal account for fees before you can even list items? Happened every time for each of my accounts.
Have you ever experienced any of those scenarios, I have started my stealth account but It hasn't been a full month yet I plan on paying using my paypal.
Old 10-09-2017

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool25 View Post
Its a great post. But i have a question can we pay via paypal instead credit card?. The reason is i am little bit lazy to find my card and typing 16 digits
Yes, you can & I always do. Never had an issue because I always leave enough money in the PP account to pay ebay fees & some padding Incase of returns.
Old 11-21-2017

Longevity: 42%

Although you already have added very good points well paypal is usually the safest way of transactions specially for customers not for sellers. However here is a procedure that how can you pay ebay fees with by using PayPal.
To make a one-off payment:

Click My eBay at the top of the page.
Under ‘My Account’ click Seller Account.
Under ‘eBay Seller Fees’ click Make a one-time payment.
The amount owed is displayed in the PayPal payment box.
Click the Pay button.
To sign up for Automatic PayPal Payments and authorise eBay to withdraw your seller fees directly from your PayPal account each month:

Click My eBay at the top of the page.
Under ‘My Account’, click Seller Account.
Under ‘Payment methods for Seller Fees’, in the 'Automatic PayPal Payments' box, click the Sign Up Today button.
Click Continue to be redirected to the PayPal website.
Select the desired funding source and click Continue.
Make sure your Payment Agreement information is correct. You can edit your funding source by clicking Edit Funding Sources.
Once all information is correct, click Sign Up.
You can review or modify this billing agreement through your PayPal account at any time:

Go to SettingsIcon Settings.
Click Payments.
Under 'Pre-approved payments', click Manage pre-approved payments.
eCheques cannot be used as a funding source to pay eBay selling fees.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeanericblass For This Useful Post:
sellingnoob (06-29-2018)
Old 01-31-2018

Longevity: 63%

Great tips here thanks
Old 05-11-2018

Longevity: 95%

Well once again this forum has saved me. Thank you to everyone.

FYI: I never use pp to pay eBay. To much info for eBay to have. If you are established a vanilla card works great. If you are not verified you most likely need another card.

If you are new to this stuff read everything you can on this site very carefully. Do not read it when you are in panic mode - you will miss too much important info. Wait a day or 2 - breathe then read & do what the majority of senior members say.
Old 05-11-2018

Longevity: 35%

I always have more money in my paypal for account fees and even if I was banned I would still pay ebay their fees with no problem.

Should I still use cards to pay my fees each month?
Old 05-14-2018

Longevity: 39%

Sorry about this newbe question but I read conflicting suggestions and so feedback is appreciated.

1. I read do not leave funds in paypal for a stealth account. I only leave a few bucks to cover shipping but not much else.
2. When eBay fees are due, I let PP withdraw the ebay fees from my attached bank account. This bank account is used solely for this PP account. My bank, BOA allows mismatched names.

Is allowing PP to take $$ out of my attached bank account a bad idea? I would think no because why have a bank account used solely for PP deposits if the idea of stealth is to mimic a real user who would deposit and withdraw funds.

Thanks for anyone who has the opportunity to review and comment.
Old 05-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoulos62 View Post
Sorry about this newbe question but I read conflicting suggestions and so feedback is appreciated.

1. I read do not leave funds in paypal for a stealth account. I only leave a few bucks to cover shipping but not much else.
2. When eBay fees are due, I let PP withdraw the ebay fees from my attached bank account. This bank account is used solely for this PP account. My bank, BOA allows mismatched names.

Is allowing PP to take $$ out of my attached bank account a bad idea? I would think no because why have a bank account used solely for PP deposits if the idea of stealth is to mimic a real user who would deposit and withdraw funds.

Thanks for anyone who has the opportunity to review and comment.

1. You should leave enough for shipping + any fees that are due to go out that month.

2. You should let eBay collect fees from PayPal account. But not your bank account, that can cause issues should PayPal review account - they'll see a name mismatch.
Old 10-21-2018

Longevity: 37%

hello,
i'm going to buy US ebay account soon
i already got Stealth Book, but i couldn't find anything about the government taxes.
For example, if i buy stealth account and i start dropshipping in US, but i don't really live in US, how about the taxes than? do I have to pay them anyway? and where can i find the info, which taxes do i have to pay?

Last edited by kau; 10-21-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2018

Longevity: 37%

Can anyone answer my question?
Old 10-27-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau View Post
hello,
i already got Stealth Book, but i couldn't find anything about the government taxes.
For example, if i buy stealth account and i start dropshipping in US, but i don't really live in US, how about the taxes than? do I have to pay them anyway? and where can i find the info, which taxes do i have to pay?
Anything tax related you should speak to an accountant. General rule of thumb is don't take tax advice from someone on a forum, as bad advice can land you in hot water. Nothing will happen to them.
Old 12-14-2018

Longevity: 31%

Very interesting posting. Thank you Here We Go Again!

I usually pay ebay fees with a virtual prepaid card. Just open a new virtual card for each ebay account.
Load it when it is needed and ebay charge it automatically.
Old 12-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau View Post
hello,
If you don't live in US, you don't have to pay any taxes in US. But you will have to pay them in your country. But it's up to you.

US paypal account registered on a US person will ask to pay tax after you reach 20.000 USD during the year.
Old 05-22-2019

Longevity: 29%

I agree with the OP, why take a risk when you can avoid. But where can I get the prepaid VCC or gift card for US eBay account? I’m in China. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2019

Longevity: 33%

Hi guys my PayPal is been hit with the 180 days limitation but my eBay is is fine. I don't want to lose my eBay as it's still in good standing order. I have previously seen forums that tell you how to pay eBay fees using some cards from SANISBURYS can anyone tell me which cards are those ones?

Thank you in advance
Old 07-31-2019

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to winge00

Hi, As the thread starter said when you pay eb fees through VCC as one off then the amount owed should be less than what you have on VCC.

Here is a problem, I owe ebay 110 pounds and I can not find any VCC from sainsburys/asda which has more than 100 pounds and you can not load more money on them.

How to overcome this issue. Can I use one card and pay 100 and then use another (2nd card) to pay rest. OR what is the solution please.

My paypal had gone limited as could not pass Ids check, so attached brand new paypal to existing eb account, ebay is fine so far.

Please advise as date of paying to ebay is approaching soon.
Old 08-13-2019

Fantastic I got, thankyou