How to pay ebay fees & do it safely - Page 17 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-19-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Re: How to pay ebay fees & do it safely

what does NARU means?
one quick question. I have noticed that taxes cut off is 15th every month. What if for example i have £700 tax to pay, i pay it with gift card and i sell something after 5 mins? i won't be able to pay tax again.
should i pay the taxes at 23:55 on the 15th ?
or should i add the gift card as default payment for tax and refill (not sure how these cards works)
also what is gift card should i use for UK ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
I have received quite a few PM’s lately and seen this in a few threads so here it is….
How to pay your eBay fees and do it safely.

This is assuming that you have set up you Stealth eBay account according to the Stealth Book and all is going well for you.

When you have an eBay account that is doing well you must pay your fees in order to keep that account doing well.
This is what I do on all of my accounts.
I have accounts selling items everyday and have been for OVER 1 YEAR.
I have a Deluxe Gift Card as my default credit card on file.
The funds have run out on this card about 10 months ago.
As long as you pay your fees BEFORE the date that eBay automatically tries to collect them from your card on file they will NEVER know that the card on file is a dead card.
I go to Walgreens every month and purchase a few $100 Yellow gift2go cards.
I then log into the gift2go web site and load the correct eBay user information onto the card I want to use.
Then I log into the separate user account I have set up on my computer for this account.
Then I use AOL Dial-Up to gain access to the Internet.
Then I use my regular web browser to log into my eBay account I want to pay the fees on.
I go to the “Seller Account” > “One Time Payment” > “Pay with your credit card” > “Use a different Card”
This is where you enter the card numbers and Card Identification Number for the yellow gift2go card you have loaded the information onto.
I enter the card # and the 3 digit code on the back and the amount I want to pay.
Amount has to be less than the card value or equal to it.
Poof… My eBay fees are paid and I have NO PROBLEMS.
I do NOT use my paypal account to pay my fees for other reasons that I will not get into.

This routine has worked for me for a long time and I stand by it.
If you have a different way that works for you then good. This is mine.

ADDED on March 18. 2009

But you ask.... WHY??????

In order to sell on eBay 90% of us MUST link a verified Paypal to our eBay account....
We all know this.
eBay does this so that they can check your identity.
They use your Identity Information from Paypal to check the identity.

IF you do pay your eBay fees with your Paypal accounts here is what can happen:

Version 1:
If you set your eBay account to automatically pay its fees with your Paypal account you will lose.
If your account goes NARU eBay will STILL attempt to collect their outstanding fees through Paypal.
But you were smart and kept your Paypal account empty.... Right?
Paypal will pay eBay and your account will go into the negative.
Now your Paypal account is in the negative.
Your Bank account that is attached to this Paypal account will get hit by Paypal for its outstanding balance.
But you were smart and kept that Bank Account empty of funds.... Right?
So when Paypal attempts to get their money there is none there.
You have now been hit with a over-draft fee by your bank. Somewhere between $10 and $40.
Paypal will keep doing this to you account in order to recover their funds.
Sometimes up to 5 times before they stop... If they do.
Each time you get hit with a over-draft fee.
Now your Bank Account is in the negative. BAD NEWS for you because your account is in your REAL NAME.
Now you have to pay the bank.
All of this could have been avoided by just paying your eBay fees with a Pre-Paid Credit Card.

Version 2:
If you just pay your fees with Paypal and do not have it set for automatic withdraw.
If your account goes NARU eBay can STILL attempt to collect their outstanding fees through Paypal.
Because that is your base payment method of choice.
eBay will attempt to charge your Paypal account for any and all outstanding fees when you account goes NARU.
Just the same way that they would attempt to charge your credit card you have on file for these outstanding fees.
See above for the finishing steps you have to deal with.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
You have also provided eBay with another direction to link you.
If the information in your Paypal account does not match your eBay information that is bad.
If you make a mistake and pay from the wrong Paypal account that is REALLY bad.
But the entire idea behind the "Stealth Account" is to provide eBay with no information aside from the minimum required.
If you pay your eBay fees with your Paypal account you are adding to your eBay information file and that is not good.
Do not link your Paypal Financial Information to eBay.
The less eBay knows the better off you are.

Now if you would have NEVER paid eBay with Paypal none of these things could ever happen.
I am not saying that they will happen every time a account goes NARU.
I am not saying that it will happen to 1 out of 10 accounts.
The above listed scenarios could happen to you... And have happen to me before in the past.
Remember the only advise that I post are situations that have happened to me in 1 way or another in my eBay history.

------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Does this still work?
Old 09-04-2019

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to winge00

I created an account a month ago but did not add bank and credit card on pp, couple of days ago I added bank and card to pp and listed my first item, but before I could list successfully ebay needed my eb to link with pp in order to let me to list and obviously so that they can get their fees through as well. I believe the process is out dated. Can someone shed some light
Old 09-05-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
I have received quite a few PM’s lately and seen this in a few threads so here it is….
How to pay your eBay fees and do it safely.

This is assuming that you have set up you Stealth eBay account according to the Stealth Book and all is going well for you.

When you have an eBay account that is doing well you must pay your fees in order to keep that account doing well.
This is what I do on all of my accounts.
I have accounts selling items everyday and have been for OVER 1 YEAR.
I have a Deluxe Gift Card as my default credit card on file.
The funds have run out on this card about 10 months ago.
As long as you pay your fees BEFORE the date that eBay automatically tries to collect them from your card on file they will NEVER know that the card on file is a dead card.
I go to Walgreens every month and purchase a few $100 Yellow gift2go cards.
I then log into the gift2go web site and load the correct eBay user information onto the card I want to use.
Then I log into the separate user account I have set up on my computer for this account.
Then I use AOL Dial-Up to gain access to the Internet.
Then I use my regular web browser to log into my eBay account I want to pay the fees on.
I go to the “Seller Account” > “One Time Payment” > “Pay with your credit card” > “Use a different Card”
This is where you enter the card numbers and Card Identification Number for the yellow gift2go card you have loaded the information onto.
I enter the card # and the 3 digit code on the back and the amount I want to pay.
Amount has to be less than the card value or equal to it.
Poof… My eBay fees are paid and I have NO PROBLEMS.
I do NOT use my paypal account to pay my fees for other reasons that I will not get into.

This routine has worked for me for a long time and I stand by it.
If you have a different way that works for you then good. This is mine.

ADDED on March 18. 2009

But you ask.... WHY??????

In order to sell on eBay 90% of us MUST link a verified Paypal to our eBay account....
We all know this.
eBay does this so that they can check your identity.
They use your Identity Information from Paypal to check the identity.

IF you do pay your eBay fees with your Paypal accounts here is what can happen:

Version 1:
If you set your eBay account to automatically pay its fees with your Paypal account you will lose.
If your account goes NARU eBay will STILL attempt to collect their outstanding fees through Paypal.
But you were smart and kept your Paypal account empty.... Right?
Paypal will pay eBay and your account will go into the negative.
Now your Paypal account is in the negative.
Your Bank account that is attached to this Paypal account will get hit by Paypal for its outstanding balance.
But you were smart and kept that Bank Account empty of funds.... Right?
So when Paypal attempts to get their money there is none there.
You have now been hit with a over-draft fee by your bank. Somewhere between $10 and $40.
Paypal will keep doing this to you account in order to recover their funds.
Sometimes up to 5 times before they stop... If they do.
Each time you get hit with a over-draft fee.
Now your Bank Account is in the negative. BAD NEWS for you because your account is in your REAL NAME.
Now you have to pay the bank.
All of this could have been avoided by just paying your eBay fees with a Pre-Paid Credit Card.

Version 2:
If you just pay your fees with Paypal and do not have it set for automatic withdraw.
If your account goes NARU eBay can STILL attempt to collect their outstanding fees through Paypal.
Because that is your base payment method of choice.
eBay will attempt to charge your Paypal account for any and all outstanding fees when you account goes NARU.
Just the same way that they would attempt to charge your credit card you have on file for these outstanding fees.
See above for the finishing steps you have to deal with.

You have also provided eBay with another direction to link you.
If the information in your Paypal account does not match your eBay information that is bad.
If you make a mistake and pay from the wrong Paypal account that is REALLY bad.
But the entire idea behind the "Stealth Account" is to provide eBay with no information aside from the minimum required.
If you pay your eBay fees with your Paypal account you are adding to your eBay information file and that is not good.
Do not link your Paypal Financial Information to eBay.
The less eBay knows the better off you are.

Now if you would have NEVER paid eBay with Paypal none of these things could ever happen.
I am not saying that they will happen every time a account goes NARU.
I am not saying that it will happen to 1 out of 10 accounts.
The above listed scenarios could happen to you... And have happen to me before in the past.
Remember the only advise that I post are situations that have happened to me in 1 way or another in my eBay history.

Does this technique still work?
Old 09-06-2019

Longevity: 31%

Sure I do it
Old 09-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealrenodaret View Post
Sure I do it
Things have changed for US-based PP accounts though...
Old 09-06-2019

Longevity: 35%

Old but late question would this be a good solution where you have to add a new Paypal account to a existing ebay account due to Paypal perm limitation?
Old 09-06-2019

Send a message via Skype™ to RaymondTang

Mark!
Old 11-27-2019

Longevity: 26%

europe - revolut 5vccs/day
Old 11-27-2019

Longevity: 25%

Here we go again, this article is really useful. Thank you so much. Quick question do you know if those gift cards are available in the UK too?

If you pay your fees with the gift cards, how do buyers pay you? Is it ok to still add the paypal address in the listings so buyer pay you into paypal but just not to link your paypal? Correct?
Old 05-23-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 22%

This is an answer for being anonymous between paypal and ebay. using paypal balance to buy VCC then use VCC to pay ebay invoice!
THanks for sharing.
Old 07-02-2020

I get confused to pay bills or any with eBay or PayPal. So I neglect it. I don't know much about it. But, this was a very forum to know more information for anything. Thank you
Old 09-23-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

So how can we pay the eb fees w/o using pp? the vv didn't work.
Old 10-03-2020

Longevity: 20%

Now it just doesn't work. I purchased a few accounts from aspkin. Can't pay ebay fees with the stealth paypal the comes with it, not according to the guideline. And also with all the change to kinds of VCC, not sure which one is eBay Stealth friendly. Nobody gives an updated answer, not even in the Stealth Book.
Really suck for new comers.
Old 11-09-2020

Longevity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopainlecture View Post
Now it just doesn't work. I purchased a few accounts from aspkin. Can't pay ebay fees with the stealth paypal the comes with it, not according to the guideline. And also with all the change to kinds of VCC, not sure which one is eBay Stealth friendly. Nobody gives an updated answer, not even in the Stealth Book.
Really suck for new comers.

Well, I can pay the ebay fees with the stealth paypal, although the accounts that I bought are not sold in aspkin
Old 11-13-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKA77 View Post
Well, I can pay the ebay fees with the stealth paypal, although the accounts that I bought are not sold in aspkin
What country platform are the paypal's in? USA?
Old 12-11-2020

Longevity: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbcarpdm View Post
Old but late question would this be a good solution where you have to add a new Paypal account to a existing ebay account due to Paypal perm limitation?
I'm planning to do exactly this. Please can you share your experience if you already use this method?
This will be very helpfull for me now.
Old 01-10-2021

So if my best friend want to pay for me..can i just go n pay using one time payment lol,
I mean by his own credit card?

Last edited by getonme; 01-10-2021 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2021
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 18%

I don’t know how to start a thread so apologies for responding to this message.

I have some question.

1) I purchased a stealth account that already has a VCC attached to the PP. Can I load $ in this card? If not what are some of the best VCC to get and how would I be able to load $ in them?

2) I sell digital items em EB (I know highly risky that is why I’m going to need multiple accounts) I use to add shipping options but decided to change to local pickup because eBay would always close my account due to no tracking info and by adding it would offset my profits. Does putting local pickup only put my account in higher risk?

3) I have diff tablets that I use for diff accounts that have cellular service so my house IP (which has an eBay and PP linked) won’t get linked to all my other accounts. I know there are other ways to do this but was wondering if this way is also safe?

I would be very grateful if anybody could help me with answers as I am kinda new to stealth.

Thank you.
Old 02-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

1. Speak to the seller of the account to clarify if it can be loaded is an option

2. Local pickup doesnt put the account at higher risk but it won't protect you from buyers doing chargebacks or other problems I'd say

3. IF the IP is different among the accounts, that should be fine
Old 05-20-2021

Longevity: 24%

Does VCC still work for paying ebay fees in the US?
Old 05-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extinct1 View Post
Does VCC still work for paying ebay fees in the US?
Should still work - depending which VCC you are using