Ebay Fees Paid By Paypal....But They Weren't. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-16-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Ebay Fees Paid By Paypal....But They Weren't.

So i was one day too late to pay by CC for my ebay sellers fees on one account. Automatic payment method was set to Paypal but i had cancelled the preapproved payment for ebay on the Paypal side.

When i check the sellers account tab on ebay, it says my fees were paid via Paypal and rhank you for the payment...when i go to paypal, i was never charged. Never got an email saying i was charged either. And the ebay sellers fee preapproved payment option is still inactive. Anyone have this happen?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Ebay Fees Paid By Paypal....But They Weren't.

Never happened to me cause I never let it get to that. That's how you lose an account.
Id suggest logging into the ebay account and making a one time payment asap.
Old 02-16-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
So i was one day too late to pay by CC for my ebay sellers fees on one account. Automatic payment method was set to Paypal but i had cancelled the preapproved payment for ebay on the Paypal side.

When i check the sellers account tab on ebay, it says my fees were paid via Paypal and rhank you for the payment...when i go to paypal, i was never charged. Never got an email saying i was charged either. And the ebay sellers fee preapproved payment option is still inactive. Anyone have this happen?
Yes, im.ashamed to.say thats happenned to me many years.ago on real.accounts.
On ebay account page, it will say paid. They will now be going to.obtain those fees from your bank account.
If you havent got enough in bank to cover, it will reject it and you will see that it appears back on ebay accounts as you oweing them.
Not good to allow fees to be taken from account...always pay before hand. But i understand, people do forget.
I may be wrong. Im from the UK but i remember for certain that it showed as paid, even though i hadnt. It means your payment is being sought :-)
Old 02-16-2015
Threadstarter  

I always pay with CC beforehand but i slipped up. I dont think it will try to come out of the bank because i dont have bank account as an option for pre-approved payments. I only have credit cards approved. The thing is, i didnt get any notification from Paypal that theres a payment made for ebay fees, theres still a small balance in Paypal and also no email sent from paypal or ebay about a payment being made. So i dont know whats up with it at this point.
Old 02-16-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
I always pay with CC beforehand but i slipped up. I dont think it will try to come out of the bank because i dont have bank account as an option for pre-approved payments. I only have credit cards approved. The thing is, i didnt get any notification from Paypal that theres a payment made for ebay fees, theres still a small balance in Paypal and also no email sent from paypal or ebay about a payment being made. So i dont know whats up with it at this point.
I guess that its going through attempting your card, though showing as paid.
As slokor says, one off payment a good idea.
If it didnt get paid, it would soon show back up on ebay accounts as unpaid again. They usedtto carry it over to the next month but dont know whether they do that anymore. This experience was years ago.
Old 02-17-2015
Threadstarter  

I dont know about making a payment while the balance shows as 0. When it comes back saying i owe, i will pay it then. But i have no clue what its doing because theres no approval for sellers fees on the paypal end anyways. I switched reimbursement method to CC so we will see what happens.