eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Feedback removal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/83637-feedback-removal.html)

ebabe 03-07-2015 10:36 AM

Feedback removal

Hi all, just need some insight

I sold an article of clothing about a week ago,

in my listings I show all photos of the item, and the size of the item, ie 36 -30

I show a photo of the size in the listing, I also state that all sizes are shown,

also for the auction, returns are not accepted

Today I get a message from the buyer saying they are too small, and he wants to return the item.

I chatted to ebay, and they told me he has no case for a refund from what my listing shows and says. They also told me to get confirmation from the buyer of the size, which he has confirmed now

I then asked what if the buyer leaves me a negative feedback, can I get that removed, (I have had them remove some before) anyway ebay told me that they would look into the matter after the fact. My questions is, if I decide not to issue a refund for the buyer, and they give me a neg, what are the chances of ebay removing it. Like I said, all photos shown, the size is clearly shown, no returns accepted. And I have a message from the buyer stating that the item is too small, he mentions nothing else (ie condition and so forth)

my case is that I state the facts in the listing, and its the buyers responsibility to check their size to the stated information on the listing

Thanks in advance for any comments

epimetheus039 03-07-2015 11:12 AM

Re: Feedback removal

Most likely you will not win that case regardless of what your policy was. If you paid shipping, say to a buyer that a restocking fee will be deducted from the total cost. The restocking fee will be equal or higher than the costs that may have incurred (shipping, handling etc). Sometimes a buyer will not even return the item because of the restocking fees.

solefoodbk 03-07-2015 11:29 AM

I sell clothing as part of my income on eBay.

Honestly I'd be very mad if I bought something from you and if it didn't fit I couldn't return it.

Sizes mean nothing when selling clothing on eBay. Clearly the size wasn't the "true size" or the buyer mabye just has some buyers remorse, whatever the case you should refund them.

You can't expect to thrive on eBay and grow if you sell items that have potential risks of returns, you just can't.

I just sold something and listed it as a "Large". The description and the title both reflected that even though the size label said Medium. Clothing, especially when your talking high end fashion generally never fits true to size, theres always a variation. You being the seller should educate yourself and prevent these issuses from arising. When they do arise you should take responsibility, end of story.

ebabe 03-07-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epimetheus039 (Post 648231)
Most likely you will not win that case regardless of what your policy was. If you paid shipping, say to a buyer that a restocking fee will be deducted from the total cost. The restocking fee will be equal or higher than the costs that may have incurred (shipping, handling etc). Sometimes a buyer will not even return the item because of the restocking fees.

I was also told by ebay that if I can provide proof of size (which I can) then there is a good possibility that this case might close on my favour. ''Please note that this will go under a reviewal process.''

rsot 03-07-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebabe (Post 648235)
I was also told by ebay that if I can provide proof of size (which I can) then there is a good possibility that this case might close on my favour. ''Please note that this will go under a reviewal process.''

Best of luck ebabe - won't know for sure until the action is done

epimetheus039 03-07-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebabe (Post 648235)

I can get as many different answers by calling talking to ebay/paypal reps. Just test it out and ask the same question 2-3 times from different reps and you will see the outcomes.

muzzie 03-07-2015 02:19 PM

Buyers win in 99% of all cases. Ask him to send it back, refund and forget ;)

ebabe 03-08-2015 08:48 PM

well.... I have a message from the buyer admitting they chose the wrong size, and I did ask ebay if they read buyer messages in regards to gathering evidence, and they said yes they do. And I was told by ebay I had nothing to worry about as long as I had evidence. So there you go...

Currently im working things out with the buyer, but I kinda got the buyer to admit he/she was at fault. Very important as an ebay seller to cover yourself in every aspect of the sale, many buyers dont even realize that ebay can read their messages...

rsot 03-08-2015 09:40 PM

Good luck to cajole the buyer - perhaps you can do a trade - revise your negative feedback and I will do "action insertion"

just_smile 03-09-2015 04:12 AM

Save yourself alot of hassles and accept returns.

Do not believe a word the ebay reps have told you. If your customer opens a SNAD dispute, he will 100% get his money back. You may get lucky and ebay will issue a 'no fault' refund, but its more likely you will end up bearing the cost. You will then also have a 'defect'.