Earning a living? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Re: Earning a living?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Who discourages? This forum is all about moving forward and making money.
: cheer:
Haha plenty of posts from members saying and I quote "if you can't take the heat get the fVck the kitchen! You little crybaby b@tch!" Unquote

Old 03-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Haha plenty of posts from members saying and I quote "if you can't take the heat get the fVck the kitchen! You little crybaby b@tch!" Unquote
I must miss every single one of them....
Old 03-09-2015

Activity: 36%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
I must miss every single one of them....
I thought I saw you post that exact quote yesterday!?!?

Old 03-10-2015

Longevity: 55%

Hey man first of all i'd like to say i admire you buddy looking after your old man like that really nice to see
Secondly in terms of money making i do clothing (mens) and make around £40 per item
I wont say exactly what i buy and sell (DM me) but for example

I buy 18 items for £290
Sell all 18 and at the end i have around £950 in total
I sell 18 items roughly every two weeks which can make me around £2k a month depending on how hard i try

I can use a wide range of clothing and trainers to earn even more
Would highly recommend it
Old 03-11-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
N7 Shadow...take a couple minutes and step back and take a deep breath. Your posts are so frantic and all over the place. So many things leading back to you telling yourself "I cant do that."

Nothing is telling me I can't do it. Past experience is telling me I shouldn't do it.

I was hoping 2 things would happen, but they never will.

1. People would finally get fed up with ebay's BS policies & walk away like I did.

2. Another better site would rise up & knock ebay back & break their monopoly.

Unfortunately those 2 things will never happen because no matter how bad it gets, people will always stick to ebay. Just like all those women that get beat & battered by their boyfriend or husband but still cling to him no matter how bad it gets. People love to complain about it on the forums & ebay's message board, but no matter how much they complain & get screwed over they will always keep going back for more.

I'm going to start up another stealth account just so I can move some stuff out of my house. But I don't know after that. If I find a niche that makes money I might stick with it. But I will be doing watever it takes to get something else going for myself so I never even have to think about selling on ebay ever again. I despise ebay & I'm not just saying that. If I had the power to take them down & put them out of business for good I would do it in a heartbeat.
Old 03-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Ebay makes me a fortunate person. I love ebay and paypal. Cheapest business rent on earth IMO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-16-2015), krose1162 (03-21-2015)
Old 03-11-2015

Dude Amazon tried to take on EBAY and got busted "Amazon Auctions" If Jeff Bezos couldn't do it nobody can.
Old 03-11-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Ebay makes me a fortunate person. I love ebay and paypal. Cheapest business rent on earth IMO.

Maybe I'll be able to say that someday. But now I have a lot to learn. I used to be all over it, in the beginning I loved ebay. But after all the ridiculous changes & after they started to be 100% pro-buyer & 100% anti-seller my attitude changed. You can only get ****ed over so many times.
Old 03-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7 Shadow View Post
Maybe I'll be able to say that someday. But now I have a lot to learn. I used to be all over it, in the beginning I loved ebay. But after all the ridiculous changes & after they started to be 100% pro-buyer & 100% anti-seller my attitude changed. You can only get ****ed over so many times.
I hear you, I liked eBay much better in 1995. You could pretty much sell whatever you wanted and the only way to lose an account was to rip people off. Now, they have a rule for everything. And sometimes even a rule for the rule. Not as many people see your listings. Scammers have learned how to work the system.

I took a long break from eBay myself, back in 1999. I was fed up with it. In the beginning, selling on eBay was a lot of fun. Fees were low. There was a sense of community. And the bids were VERY, VERY GOOD for most things.

Then eBay created a million new categories. New rules were posted daily. They started banning items left and right. Fees went up. Safeharbor became a nightmare to deal with. Where I enjoyed writing listings before and listing my items, listing them became an abrasive process - Safeharbor seemed to have a problem with EVERYTHING. Either they didn't like the item, or the title, or the category, or the HTML code, or the pictures, or whatever. When they said they removed the item because of, for example, the HTML code, I would ask what was wrong with it and they would give me a canned response: eBay reserves the right, blah, blah, blah, termination of your account, blah, blah, blah, but would never tell me what was wrong. And I was paying them over $5,000 per month in fees.

My profits were down, my blood pressure was up and I threw in the towel. The internet was new back then, and I had never had a dispute with anyone in business that wouldn't explain what it was they had a problem with. I figured that eBay had just decided they no longer wanted me as a seller. And the competition was INSANE - it was not uncommon for 300 people to be listing the same item. I decided to stop torturing myself and leave eBay.

I came back to it, of course. It had changed somewhat. They implemented the Spring and Fall seller updates. That was much better than the old way, which was that they posted new rules on their message boards every day and expected everyone to keep up with them. A lot of the competition was gone and I kind of liked the whole "buy it now" concept. Of course, eBay still changes and we may not like the changes. But it is THEIR WEBSITE and they can do whatever they like. I stopped FIGHTING the system and started WORKING the system.

To be successful, you have to play by THEIR rules. You have to realize that you are going to have to take the occasional hit from a scammer. You have to be nice to even the NASTIEST customers. And even if you do everything right, you can STILL lose your account. That all has to be factored into your business plan. But if you can do that, you should be successful.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (03-11-2015), eternity4u (03-20-2015), infinitelyannoyed (03-12-2015), yankee (03-11-2015)
Old 03-11-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I just bought the stealth guide. I'm going to read it & I want to master all of this. I know how to run 1 stealth account but I would feel more secure with 10+ backups. Hopefully I won't get suspended ever again but if I do I'm not going to tolerate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
and I kind of liked the whole "buy it now" concept.

2 things that really turned me against ebay was the addition of Buy It Now & when sellers were no longer able to leave negative feedback.

I hate Buy It Now because if I wanted to shop at a store I would go to Amazon or Walmart. The thing that made ebay awesome was the fact that it was an auction site, not a store. What made it fun was never knowing what your item would end at. The bidding war in the final few minutes was such a rush! Then it became a store & it all went downhill when Buy It Now was introduced.

Buy It Now also makes buying suck too! All the items I want are Buy It Now & usually insanely high BIN's. I have to search everyday & usually have to wait weeks or even months for a good old fashioned auction with a low starting bid to show up. I like to snipe in the last few seconds & try to get the item at the lowest possible price. Buy It Now screwed all that up.
Old 03-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

When it comes to more expensive merchandise, I often find it cheaper on Amazon. When it comes to little things, eBay is still the best. And for unique stuff, eBay is still the best place, in my opinion, since Amazon usually deals mostly with new items, although you CAN list ALMOST anything in Amazon's "everything else" category.

Like I said, eBay is constantly changing. We can adapt, or we can give up. At first, I HATED the idea of having multiple accounts. But now I see how they help me in MANY ways. I would never go back. So, my advice is to be open to change.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
yankee (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Change can be a good thing!
I gone from(Still have) very large ebay accounts to running 5-10 accounts per week and quite frankly, I am LOVING the multiple small accounts although some things are tricky at first.
Quite frankly, running small accounts is so incredibly easy and if a problem occurs, it is not devastating at all. Simply move onto the next account.

As for the idea ebay is all about the buyer, Hmmm....I understand the sentiment, I hate the "return request" BS now but scammers(in large), competitors and non paying bidders, feedback extortion, and in general "Buyers Remorse" cases are handled so much easier today than ever before, especially for stealth accounts that we don't normally call in on.

I say, if you cant make very good money on ebay, you are going to have a hard time making money anywhere else. Today's ebay makes us better business people. It was hard for me to conform to ebays evolution but when I did, adapted and adjusted, it has always paid off.
Old 03-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

I started out years ago making nothing at first, I worked like my life and my family depended on it, I grew it and made more than at my day job. It was a lot of work, got very little sleep, but I was free in all the ways that counted. It takes grit & sacrifice, but it pays off, no quick fix imho
Old 03-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Still reading, sorry to hear what your family is going through
Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,945 Times in 8,236 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piperx View Post
I started out years ago making nothing at first, I worked like my life and my family depended on it, I grew it and made more than at my day job. It was a lot of work, got very little sleep, but I was free in all the ways that counted. It takes grit & sacrifice, but it pays off, no quick fix imho
Been there as well - props to you
Old 03-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

I've got to do it again, I'd rather work like a dog than risk easy money with a huge price tag, thanks for all the encouragement to poster, it's amazing and thanks RSOT
Old 03-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Off topic, but my dad, as honest as the day is long, got booted off eBay reselling something he didn't know was ⊗⊗⊗⊗, *******s
Old 03-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Another point is that ebay/amazon good to work when you are going through such a tough spot, no boss, no one to see that you are a mess and still generating income
Old 03-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,945 Times in 8,236 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piperx View Post
Another point is that ebay/amazon good to work when you are going through such a tough spot, no boss, no one to see that you are a mess and still generating income
True but for my own purposes, I cannot rely on these platforms 100% for my income...
Old 03-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Me either, but at one point, I had no choice, would never give up my day job for it :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Piperx For This Useful Post:
rsot (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015

Longevity: 71%

Hi, there I understand you loss. You can make money on ebay but it's hard and takes a lot of time. I'm still learning myself sometimes I just want to give up bc it takes some much time and just when you get things going it seems like they suspend your account for some B.S. and like others have said you now have to compete with the wholesalers in china selling at cost so is tough but you can make money and whatever you make helps right?

You just have to try different products to see which ones sell. What do you buy? What do your friends buy? Thais a good start for some ideas.

Also if your going to school, you can get financial aid to help with expenses until you graduate. Go to a trade school, get some certification and get out and get yourself a skilled job and not waste a bunch of money and time with a 4 - 5yr college.

I would seriously look into moving to a city where there are emplacement options. You can do ebay from anywhere.
Old 03-12-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg123 View Post

Also if your going to school, you can get financial aid to help with expenses until you graduate. Go to a trade school, get some certification and get out and get yourself a skilled job and not waste a bunch of money and time with a 4 - 5yr college.

I would seriously look into moving to a city where there are emplacement options. You can do ebay from anywhere.
My plan is to:

Get a CNA certificate. They're in demand, I can get hired easily, it's a sucky job that nobody wants but it's good to use as a stepping stone to something better & I can do it from any town or city I want. I'm forced to do it anyway with my father so I might as well stick with it & get paid. I'm getting a ton of free training & experience so I might as well put it to use.

Buy an RV & live in it full time & travel around. I never want to be trapped in a rent or a lease ever again. I can't stand being in the same place for more than 6 months.

Go to pet grooming & dog training school. I'd like to work with animals. Cats rule!

CNA, animal grooming/training, ebay & an RV can give me he freedom I desire. I need to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

Last edited by N7 Shadow; 03-12-2015 at 08:18 PM.