Limited to only 5 items to sell per month... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-16-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Limited to only 5 items to sell per month...

Was wondering if i could get any tips and pointers on how to effectively request and to be allowed to post more listings..

Just posted my first low risk item today. While working on my 2nd item i was told that i could only post 5 items this month.

I was given the chance to request for more listings and gave them my stealth information and was brought to an Error Page not really stating whats wrong.

Now clicking the same "Request to list more" page..

My 2 choices now are either to "Call us to discuss your selling goals" or to "Confirm that you already have an established seller account" which is clearly not the best choice..

Just wanted to know if theres other ways around this or are these my only 2 actual options..

Any input on this will be appreciated! thank you for your time!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Limited to only 5 items to sell per month...

Sell to the limit each month and increases will come in time.

If you need to sell more in the mean time, create more stealths
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
steadfastcorporation (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

thats awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:
steadfastcorporation (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfastcorporation View Post
Was wondering if i could get any tips and pointers on how to effectively request and to be allowed to post more listings..
Sell your 5 items, and ebay will most likely give you higher selling limits very soon.

Quote:
Just posted my first low risk item today. While working on my 2nd item i was told that i could only post 5 items this month.
Is your account a 5/$500 or were you told you could only list 5 in the specific category you were listing in?

Quote:
I was given the chance to request for more listings and gave them my stealth information and was brought to an Error Page not really stating whats wrong.
That's never a good idea, it's like playing with fire.

Quote:
My 2 choices now are either to "Call us to discuss your selling goals" or to "Confirm that you already have an established seller account" which is clearly not the best choice..
Calling in is a bad idea, Ebay is going to want to run your name, address through their online databases and they may then limit your account and ask for more documents

Quote:
Just wanted to know if theres other ways around this or are these my only 2 actual options..
This is a very common question, one thing to remember is that selling on Ebay isn't like playing a video game where you can find "cheat codes", and other methods to beat the game......Everyone is constantly looking for "workarounds", "ByPass"......just sell up to your limits and let Ebay naturally give you increases.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (03-16-2015), steadfastcorporation (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Was really weird how theyre giving me so little since i atleast got a cap of 10 items the last time i made a sellers account.

But thank you to everybody and to MM78 especially
Old 03-17-2015

Longevity: 80%

i had this issue, ended up calling cs they ask for ALL info in the account so be sure you have it on hand. spoke with very nice lady, few minutes later limits raised.
Old 03-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfastcorporation View Post
Was really weird how theyre giving me so little since i atleast got a cap of 10 items the last time i made a sellers account.

But thank you to everybody and to MM78 especially
A lot of new accounts are limited to 5 items and $500 at first.

Sell 5 items, ship the same day or the next day, use tracking and be Mr. Customer Service if you get any customer inquiries.

As soon as they see your items are being delivered and that your customers are happy, your limits should increase to something more reasonable fairly quickly.

And someone else mentioned multiple accounts. They were absolutely right. Having more accounts not only allows you to list more items, it also spreads out your risk. The more accounts you have the more stable your business will be.
Old 04-01-2015

Longevity: 52%

I've found that calling eBay is a toss-up. Sometimes they will make you go through the Strong ID Verification system. Sometimes if you fail that you will still be given a small limit increase if you sweet talk well enough and have a friendly CS rep. But most of the time they will ask you to fax/email docs verifying your identity.
Old 04-01-2015

Longevity: 73%

Selling to the limit and getting increases works best for me. Whenever I call in something bad happens. :(

Look at it this way: waiting for limits to grow naturally = little risk. Calling in = moderate to high risk. Play it safe.

It's a numbers game. Slow and steady wins the race.

Old stock market quote: bulls make money and bears make money, but pigs just get slaughtered.
Old 04-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

yeah and especially with the 5/500 packages there really not that bad at all, limits get increased fairly quickly
Old 04-02-2015

Longevity: 72%

You will get a limit raise to 10 after your first item sells most likely. 5/500 is kind of the norm. I do get 10/1000 50/5000 and even unlimited limits every now and then but 5/500 is the result that most people get now (and that's even if they know what they're doing and they're actually getting past the screening process)
Old 04-02-2015

Longevity: 53%

Just post 5 cheap low-risk things that will sell for sure during the first month. Your limits will go up very fast. In the second month, put these items again, up to the limit. And limits will go up again.
Old 04-02-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Seems that these threads pop up every month. Yes, the starting limit for most accounts has been lowered. Its not as bad as it sounds, the accounts have much quicker jumps in limit increases.
Old 04-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 31%

I call in and say "hey I have all this stuff to get rid if I need a higher selling allowance" works for me on the few occassions I tried it
Old 04-02-2015

I had a 5 limit listing account. I sold 2 items within in 2 days of starting to list on the account. After I shipped the first time and loaded the tracking number with in 24 -48 hours i received and increase 20 items $1,500
Old 04-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I don't advise calling in, ever. When you do that, it means a human being is looking at your account. I much prefer to just be computer data as far as eBay is concerned.

When humans get involved, you never can predict exactly what will happen.

This is why you always want to have a few accounts on hand. In 60-90 days, you should have DECENT limits on the accounts, although probably not exactly what you wanted. But an extra account or two can usually take care of that, WITHOUT the need to take any undue risk.
Old 04-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I don't advise calling in, ever. When you do that, it means a human being is looking at your account. I much prefer to just be computer data as far as eBay is concerned.

When humans get involved, you never can predict exactly what will happen.

This is why you always want to have a few accounts on hand. In 60-90 days, you should have DECENT limits on the accounts, although probably not exactly what you wanted. But an extra account or two can usually take care of that, WITHOUT the need to take any undue risk.
Every time somebody has a question they should just look for your posts and they would be good to go. You, my man, are a walking stealth guide in your own right.

I've said this before somewhere but I had a account that was slightly in the red when it comes to performance and I phoned in and I was banned 2 or 3 weeks later. I've got an account at the moment that has been JUST over the 5% for 4 months now and I'm just about to get back to green.
That was THE only time I have ever called in for ANYTHING- To remove couple of defects. I will most likely never, ever call in or suggest this to somebody else- Not worth it.

Old 04-02-2015

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
Every time somebody has a question they should just look for your posts and they would be good to go. You, my man, are a walking stealth guide in your own right.
Everyone that visits this forum is a walking stealth guide.. every question gets asked about 10 times per day.. with the same results.

I can understand if people ask about something specific (if a certain bank is working for mismatched names) and the last person to ask was 2 years ago, that is one thing.

jeffweico has the same idea as most, when you call in, you increase variables. And limits truly do go up very quickly so many find it stupid. With my accounts, I usually only have $5 + time invested into each. So if I need an account that has higher limits, I have called in on many occasions.

They are humans.. It is called "social engineering" and it gets easier with more experience. Whereas a computer follows yes/no commands, you either get accepted or declined. At least in the US, you're innocent until proven guilty and people tend to think this way. One account I made was in a women's name, and started with the 5/500 limit. After a few quick listings, it got limited. Called in [with my horrid sounding voice], they tried asking me the identity questions, I failed them all.. they got a new set of similar questions, failed them all. She still gave me 10/1k limits.. higher then I started and I failed everything.

Now if you call in and know what to say, you can easily get the 100/5k limits without an issue. But you have to realize, you will still have category limits which almost makes the high limits pointless anyway (unless for FB boost).

I never follow to one plan with all of my accounts. Sure if you find something that is "perfect" and that works for awhile.. but what when your perfect plan gets patched/fixed? It is nice to test and play with many different variables and see what makes ebay/PP tick for the hell of it
The Following User Says Thank You to nivo For This Useful Post:
sax4 (04-03-2015)