Sold my name brand item return coming from Taiwan, WTF - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-31-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Sold my name brand item return coming from Taiwan, WTF

I sold my standard expensive name brand item on my stealth account and it was shipped within the USA.

3 weeks later buyer asks to return. I say ok but notice return is coming from Taiwan, HUH? I get it back over 30 days later and it's a cheap replica.

PP has my money on hold telling me to refund by April 6th.

Now I just noticed that USPS has not scanned the delivery and they left the pkg. at my door without a signature and I'm wondering what to do as I think this is a competitor who sell this crap.

I am not going to call eBay and draw attention to my very successful account as I am not an authorized seller, don't have documents, etc., etc.I asked about the undelivered tracking.

Last edited by joesshooze; 03-31-2015 at 01:55 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-31-2015

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Sold my name brand item return coming from Taiwan, WTF

Have you contacted ebay or paypal and told them the tracking shows it came from Taiwan...when you shipped to the buyer in the US?
Old 03-31-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Definitely give eBay a ring, since you delivered within the U.S., THAN eBay should take your side since it is now coming from Taiwan. I had a similar issue and it was cleared up with a two minute call
Old 03-31-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 60%

Some company do those relay services. I once had a customer send to US address but ended up returning from Shanghai.

I was wondering in general if people exchange the item and return a different or defect item to you no matter from US or other country, are we losing the case for sure?

Thank you.
Old 03-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Definitely give eBay a ring, since you delivered within the U.S., THAN eBay should take your side since it is now coming from Taiwan. I had a similar issue and it was cleared up with a two minute call
I really can't stand account scrutiny and don't want to loose it for 1 bad sale. I was asking about what people feel about the item not showing delivered 2 days later?

Usually I get notification within minutes of delivery to refund the buyer.

I also want to say that I refuse to ship outside USA because of BS like this in the past. If I had any idea I never would have shipped as their ID clearly states based in USA. If I see otherwise I won't ship. My account is setup for NO overseas shipping.

Last edited by joesshooze; 03-31-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesshooze View Post
I really can't stand account scrutiny and don't want to loose it for 1 bad sale. I was asking about what people feel about the item not showing delivered 2 days later?

Usually I get notification within minutes of delivery to refund the buyer.

I also want to say that I refuse to ship outside USA because of BS like this in the past. If I had any idea I never would have shipped as their ID clearly states based in USA. If I see otherwise I won't ship. My account is setup for NO overseas shipping.
I've had a situation where I'm sending it from UK to US and when it comes back, it's coming back from China. I think it's happened twice without any problems- Same item, same condition. One time it happened and when the item came back it was in very, very poor condition. It was scratched, dented and cracked. I contacted eBay and provided them with photo proof of the item before and after and I got full refund without a problem and buyer was suspended.

In your case, I would only call eBay if the item is worth more than X amount. If you say that the account is very successful and you don't want to risk it, then perhaps just leave it and move on. If the item is worth a significant amount, then take other peoples advice and perhaps try to escalate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (03-31-2015)
Old 03-31-2015

Longevity: 63%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo

I think ebay even offers the global shipping program now. Where you send to their address and they drop ship to the buyer. I believe their location (for me at least) is in Kentucky?
Old 03-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivo View Post
I think ebay even offers the global shipping program now. Where you send to their address and they drop ship to the buyer. I believe their location (for me at least) is in Kentucky?
Yes they do, it's actually quite useful. I sent my first parcel to Spain this weekend using the GSP. A bit weird, but customer got it super quick and was very happy.
Old 04-01-2015

Longevity: 52%

Yes I would suggest using the GSP. I've had a handful of sales with no problems, and without the hassle of filling out customs paperwork, etc
Old 04-01-2015

Longevity: 52%

some Chinese pople want to copy product maybe that customer buy from you for this purpose,some Chinese buy from abroad product coz can not find it in China,i do not know your product,i just want to tell you if you are not authorized seller maybe you can tell ebay i did not received return item