Throw Momma from the Train? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-01-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Throw Momma from the Train?

Remember that movie? How about "Strangers on a Train"? Google them, they are both great.

Now, along with the "Train" premise....I wish I knew someone that could buy an item and leave a negative along with 1-stars for me with the understanding that I would do the same for him.

I have learned a small lesson...don't have your buyer's account in any way associated with your seller's account. If I buy from this guy he will surely put 2 and 2 together from the addresses and know it is payback.

I have about 10 seller accounts but don't want to play "feedback tennis" with the guy.

Ideas?

I think ebay has some new system that lets a guest buy things without being a registered user. VanillaOne card OK for that? I have gotten a ton of odrers in the last year with really random funky ebay IDs and 0 feedbacks. No problems from them, just seemed strange. I wonder if I can use that same system to buy his junk and drop a turd on him.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-01-2015

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Throw Momma from the Train?

Is 'dropping a turd' on him really worth your time? Yes you can post f/b with that method. VanillaOne card should work
Old 04-01-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket View Post
Remember that movie? How about "Strangers on a Train"? Google them, they are both great.

Now, along with the "Train" premise....I wish I knew someone that could buy an item and leave a negative along with 1-stars for me with the understanding that I would do the same for him.

I have learned a small lesson...don't have your buyer's account in any way associated with your seller's account. If I buy from this guy he will surely put 2 and 2 together from the addresses and know it is payback.

I have about 10 seller accounts but don't want to play "feedback tennis" with the guy.

Ideas?

I think ebay has some new system that lets a guest buy things without being a registered user. VanillaOne card OK for that? I have gotten a ton of odrers in the last year with really random funky ebay IDs and 0 feedbacks. No problems from them, just seemed strange. I wonder if I can use that same system to buy his junk and drop a turd on him.
I have just done that very thing this morning, clicked on 'guest user', continued on, bought my item, using all my real details and bank card, done same quite a few times, always works, no issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Wasting your time over petty battles when the goal is to MAKE MONEY
Old 04-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchgrt View Post
Is 'dropping a turd' on him really worth your time? Yes you can post f/b with that method. VanillaOne card should work
Thanks for the answer. Being the Libertarian that I am, I will handle the part about how much it is worth for me to do it. Rest assured, I have not given all the factors involved to the forum.
Old 04-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Wasting your time over petty battles when the goal is to MAKE MONEY
Thanks but I am not sure we have the same definition of "petty".

Trust me, you do not have all the info. Suffice it to say that I have driven many competitors out of business. This guy is misrepresenting his items and undercutting my sales. Think of it this way...he is advertising the same 50 foot garden hose (example) as me but delivering a 25 footer. Who in their right mind would pay more for the same item. His feedback is higher than mine because I have a new stealth account. I am the only person that sells this 50 foot hose. His are so cheap that most people don't bother to slam him and some don't even know the difference between the two products.

So my niche has been invaded. It IS about making money......and I have to drive out the false competition. Petty? Is putting food on the table PETTY?

It is a much bigger picture than just dropping a turd on him.

On a side note, I also sold him the 25' "hoses" through another account. I am trying to get him to buy more just so I can get him stuck with them.

It just hit me...the animal kingdom.....what does the Lion do to all the male cubs? Kills them before they are old enough to compete.