When is it time to throw in the towel? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 10-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default When is it time to throw in the towel?

Ladies and Gents,

I hate starting with this type of introduction however Seller Performance is just driving me nuts.

I have an established account that has been active for more then 2 years and has grossed high 5 digits per month. All the other numbers look good with ODR rates below .20%, etc. I do not sell b/s products as I'm looking for a long term business model.

So what had happened was a keyword flag, which resulted from 2 negative feedbacks with the operative words being knock-off.

So I submitted multiple invoices that pertain to these two products but have yet to hear anything from SP and that was almost 3 weeks ago.

- Sorry for being long winded but when do you think it's time to throw in the towel and go stealth? I would hate to create a stealth account only for it to backfire on me and kill the established account. All eyes and ears open for suggestion/constructive criticism
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-07-2014

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: When is it time to throw in the towel?

This how the game is played on Amazon and Ebay . Make 3 stealths accounts. If 1 item or a whole account gets banned you got 3 other accounts to continue the sell . Don't ever put all your eggs in 1 basket, have back up accounts incase things like this happens. You have no control over amazon and other people trying to get you banned
The Following User Says Thank You to machine1 For This Useful Post:
krabbits (10-07-2014)
Old 10-07-2014

Longevity: 65%

Okay broseph, you make enough money on Amazon to not "throw in the towel" and it sounds like this is most likely your main form of income right now. This is just a part of the game.

You have to learn to deal with these kind of issues and stealth is the way to do so.

You have to wrap your head around the fact that what is right and wrong in this business has nothing to do with your ability to thrive.

You think it's wrong that they should be able to can you for these keywords because you're actually legit? You a little pissed at these customers for talking out of their @$$ and threatening your perfectly legit business? Sorry, but any answers you have to those questions are irrelevant.

If it helps, pretend like this is in Amazon's written policy guidelines:

1. We can and will suspend you if ANY customer throws around the word p|rated, phake, knockoff, etc. Even if that person is your competitor

2. You may try to provide proof to show that your merchandise is authentic, but it is very likely that we won't do anything about it
The Following User Says Thank You to n8zzz For This Useful Post:
krabbits (10-07-2014)
Old 10-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thank you gents, it's hard to finally come to terms with this type of thing esp. with so much energy that has been put into that first account.

So let's begin:

1. Contact CPA to create EIN/LLC etc
2. Get UPS store address
3. Buy laptop and 4g device
4. Create new bank account/debit card with said LLC and address
5. List new items in 10:1 ratio with old items
6. Rinse and repeat and necessary
7. Profit?
Old 10-07-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Dude, have you contacted seller performance and ask your appeal is going. This has to be your first step.
Old 10-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
Dude, have you contacted seller performance and ask your appeal is going. This has to be your first step.
Yes sir, Letter of Appeal was given 3 weeks ago. 2nd correspondence was an addendum to the Letter of Appeal which was given 1 week after. This was followed up by 2 more messages which again have produced no response what so ever on their end besides the canned confirmation response.
Old 10-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by krabbits View Post
- Sorry for being long winded but when do you think it's time to throw in the towel and go stealth? I would hate to create a stealth account only for it to backfire on me and kill the established account. All eyes and ears open for suggestion/constructive criticism
I have not read any of the other replies. Makes it easier to comment. I'll read replies & may add more too.

NEVER is my response to throwing in the towel.

Fight to keep this account going as well as you can.

BUT take the opportunity to learn stealth to make more accounts.

That then gives you better scope
Good Luck.

Old 10-08-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I have not read any of the other replies. Makes it easier to comment. I'll read replies & may add more too.

NEVER is my response to throwing in the towel.

Fight to keep this account going as well as you can.

BUT take the opportunity to learn stealth to make more accounts.

That then gives you better scope
Good Luck.

Thank you for the welcome

Unfortunately I just received the dreaded notice not wanting to reinstate selling privileges. With over 10,000 units in FBA and with this much time and effort into it, I'm going to go for one more Hail Mary shot to Jeff B. and hopefully put back into the loop.

Either way stealth is in the cards.
Old 10-09-2014
Banned

OK, now you need a plan to get your units back. The CC that amazon hold is this a gift card or real one with a limit? If a real one report it stolen so its blocked.How much cash is amazon holding?

The cost of returning the goods will be pretty expensive, however if the CC has no limit and you don't have a lot funds held put in a return request. Amazon will return these and bill you later. So if you CC has no limit, your bank is empty all they can use is the funds they are holding.

Then look at stealth, and sorry for the bad news. It happens
Old 10-09-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
OK, now you need a plan to get your units back. The CC that amazon hold is this a gift card or real one with a limit? If a real one report it stolen so its blocked.How much cash is amazon holding?

The cost of returning the goods will be pretty expensive, however if the CC has no limit and you don't have a lot funds held put in a return request. Amazon will return these and bill you later. So if you CC has no limit, your bank is empty all they can use is the funds they are holding.

Then look at stealth, and sorry for the bad news. It happens
Thank you for your tip, there's $20k left in the account so I believe that should be enough to send back the units.

Sucks though, you would think after buying legitimate merchandise from reputable wholesalers (i.e very tiny margins) that it would be enough for Amazon. Part of the game I guess...
Old 10-10-2014
Banned

Get your stock back, go stealth mix your stock 5:1 with different titles so not to get linked. Make sure you remove all the FBA stickers, don't sticker over the old stickers. Then get started again, you will make your money back don't worry. Take care and good luck. Just post your plan for going stealth case you are mission something.
The Following User Says Thank You to MICKY H For This Useful Post:
krabbits (10-10-2014)
Old 10-10-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Get your stock back, go stealth mix your stock 5:1 with different titles so not to get linked. Make sure you remove all the FBA stickers, don't sticker over the old stickers. Then get started again, you will make your money back don't worry. Take care and good luck. Just post your plan for going stealth case you are mission something.
Thank you Micky for the game plan.

Couple of questions if you don't mind:

1. When you say mix, will it be okay to just list things these new items on self and then FBA old stock?

2. Would Amazon be able to detect if a cellphone was previously used as a 4G device? The reason why I ask is as I'm starting, I don't want to burn a 4G hotspot in the beginning just in case the new one gets linked.

Thanks in advanced.
Old 10-10-2014

Longevity: 80%

did you contact help through the seller help section that is how i got amazon to look a my invoices, takes 1-3 weeks though, i almost gave up then i receive the email i was waiting for
Old 10-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

With so many units for sale, worth considering your own website too OP? And work on traffic to it?
Old 10-10-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
did you contact help through the seller help section that is how i got amazon to look a my invoices, takes 1-3 weeks though, i almost gave up then i receive the email i was waiting for
Yes actually I sent the Letter of Appeal right after plus 3 more correspondence to Seller Performance. They ended up just saying that they "Regret not being able to reinstate my selling privileges". Not sure why as they were okay with invoices from these two companies before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
With so many units for sale, worth considering your own website too OP? And work on traffic to it?
Yes that is ultimately where I am going to go to avoid this sort of thing in the future.
Old 10-10-2014
Banned

From my understanding and experience amazon bots only look at your actual stock file, not how you are selling it. However if you want to be ultra safe just buy some trash from a walmart, just send single units sticker them and price them 5 times more expensive than anybody else.

Regarding the cell phone you will be fine.

1. When you say mix, will it be okay to just list things these new items on self and then FBA old stock?

2. Would Amazon be able to detect if a cellphone was previously used as a 4G device? The reason why I ask is as I'm starting, I don't want to burn a 4G hotspot in the beginning just in case the new one gets linked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krabbits View Post
Thank you Micky for the game plan.

From my understanding and experience amazon bots only look at your actual stock file, not how you are selling it. However if you want to be ultra safe just buy some trash from a walmart, just send single units sticker them and price them 5 times more expensive than anybody else.

Regarding the cell phone you will be fine.

Thanks in advanced.
Old 10-22-2014

Longevity: 57%

Quote:

So because Amazon bills you for shipping later... if there wasn't enough funds being held to cover shipping costs to begin with, and we reported card stolen after having them ship the items, and they can't charge the credit card anymore, then we are scott free from paying shipping and we'll still get our inventory back?
Old 10-22-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Productions View Post
So because Amazon bills you for shipping later... if there wasn't enough funds being held to cover shipping costs to begin with, and we reported card stolen after having them ship the items, and they can't charge the credit card anymore, then we are scott free from paying shipping and we'll still get our inventory back?
Doubt it, as amazon have registered card on file from before the report of its loss the card charge will be passed to your new card by your CC provider. If the stealth account is in a different name to the name on the card you can dispute the charge with your CC company.