Redirecting through ebay listing to your website?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Question Redirecting through ebay listing to your website??

I know you can post your website link in your profile, so if a buyer clicks on your username, and they can see your website

Is there another way to redirect from your listing to your website?
Perhaps a banner with your name on it? They can just google your name if they're smart enough and buy directly from you

Maybe a watermark with your business name in your pictures?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-02-2015

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo
Default Re: Redirecting through ebay listing to your website??

On one of my old accounts, I created a guide on how to use the item the buyers were purchasing and the listings kept getting removed for no reason. They finally said it was due to the URL of the images, as they detected another sites link in the HTML code. I got rid of the pictures and create a list of steps and they still blacklisted everything since my account was deemed as suspicious and I was selling the same item.

Essentially you want to use ebay to drive free traffic to your site? A website will never sustain as they found the items via ebay and then looked up the cheaper price on the site. Once they need a new one, they will do the same process.. but guess what? If you're not there (i.e, banned), you will not make the next sale(s).

But many major vendors do include links and such which has always surprised me (maybe it is a country of origin thing).
Old 04-02-2015
Threadstarter  

It would depend on what your selling and who your product is marketed too

What i sell is considered a vero item, and when you ebay it, there isn't 1000 of them, there isn't 100 of them, not even 10 of them. You'd be lucky to find 5. If i post my item, i will easily get 20+ views per hour. These items sell from $150.00+, and cap around $500

If you google the item, there may be only 3 websites on the first 3 pages of google, that sell this item. Everything else would be the item for sale on a forum or youtube

There is a very high demand for it in the targeted market. There just isn't many sources to buy it from. Ebay use to allow the sell of the item much more until dec 2014. They have really locked down on it. You may see an item last for 5 hours if the seller is lucky

it's the key words that you put in the title/listing that immediately get looked at
Old 04-02-2015

Longevity: 72%

EB has pretty much banned anything that drives traffic offsite, and URL's are easy enough for the bots to spot and stop.

Enforcement is spotty but not worth the risk, eventually they'll kick back at you, hard.

They can't stop you putting a coupon, ad, or other material in the package of an item you've sold. You can drive future traffic to your site that way.

Any text on a picture is now a no-no, watermarks are allowed, BUT a watermark that diverts traffic isn't going to fly either.

Someone will complain and that'll be the end of it.
Old 04-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
EB has pretty much banned anything that drives traffic offsite, and URL's are easy enough for the bots to spot and stop.

Enforcement is spotty but not worth the risk, eventually they'll kick back at you, hard.

They can't stop you putting a coupon, ad, or other material in the package of an item you've sold. You can drive future traffic to your site that way.

Any text on a picture is now a no-no, watermarks are allowed, BUT a watermark that diverts traffic isn't going to fly either.

Someone will complain and that'll be the end of it.
Wouldn't a watermark be considered a no-no since it's text?
Would something like "erics phones" as a watermark be considered diverting traffic? I know that adding a re-direct link to a photo is a no-no

I have seen ads where the seller currently with an "eb store" will post this, and it's been up for years in multiple postings he has for sale
visit my youtube - erics phones
visit my instagram - erics phones
visit my pinterest - erics phones
visit my facebook - erics phones

No links to click, but perhaps having an "eb store" has it's benefits like the above, since you're giving eb more money

The only way one can post their website link is in their profile. Must be a way to get lookers to follow you, because then they would see your website link

i do believe that most of your complainers are your competitors

Last edited by gamerguy; 04-02-2015 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

You can make your ebay name your website name like:
Bongos.com if naturally someone else hasn't used it yet.
Old 04-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
You can make your ebay name your website name like:
Bongos.com if naturally someone else hasn't used it yet.
Is this proven to work?
Old 04-03-2015

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 70%

You could include your website address on the invoice that you put in the package with the item.
I also I want to branch out and create a website for my products, I guess alot of us ebay sellers get complacent because we feel ebay is giving us all the traffic we need.

But I would rather the same amount of traffic going through my website then relying on ebay
Old 04-03-2015

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabe View Post
You could include your website address on the invoice that you put in the package with the item.
I also I want to branch out and create a website for my products, I guess alot of us ebay sellers get complacent because we feel ebay is giving us all the traffic we need.

But I would rather the same amount of traffic going through my website then relying on ebay
Sure I would love to have the amount of traffic ebay gets go to my sites.. I could probably retire off the AdSense within a week! To get people to your site, it will cost a lot more then 10% just in advertising. Don't get me wrong, there are reasons I have some sites myself, but if you are looking to open a site to "save" that 10%, look somewhere else. Especially as it is not the easiest thing to create an actual good site; sure it is not hard, but if you have no experience then it will suck. As most people go with some free site template builder and it looks like a kid made the site, you loose business, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerguy View Post
Is this proven to work?
I doubt there are any scientific studies out there to "prove" this. Obviously the name will not get you less traffic, so if you get one user to visit within a year, technically it is "proven"?
Old 04-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerguy View Post
I know you can post your website link in your profile, so if a buyer clicks on your username, and they can see your website

Is there another way to redirect from your listing to your website?
Perhaps a banner with your name on it? They can just google your name if they're smart enough and buy directly from you

Maybe a watermark with your business name in your pictures?
Link to your website on profile has been done - on listing, you could be hit with trying to circumvent eB fees so be careful
Old 04-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivo View Post
Sure I would love to have the amount of traffic ebay gets go to my sites.. I could probably retire off the AdSense within a week! To get people to your site, it will cost a lot more then 10% just in advertising. Don't get me wrong, there are reasons I have some sites myself, but if you are looking to open a site to "save" that 10%, look somewhere else. Especially as it is not the easiest thing to create an actual good site; sure it is not hard, but if you have no experience then it will suck. As most people go with some free site template builder and it looks like a kid made the site, you loose business, etc.

I doubt there are any scientific studies out there to "prove" this. Obviously the name will not get you less traffic, so if you get one user to visit within a year, technically it is "proven"?
I have seen a few established sellers use their ebay name as their website name. A good test would be a website name that doesn't sell anything just to test if they have ebay bots monitoring ebay names. Then you can call them if something bad happens then change it to a safer name.
Old 04-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivo View Post
There is really nothing wrong with someone using a free site template builder. That is how web design has become. It's about "convenience, and ease" there are many sites that offer free design. The way a site is designed won't help you lose business, unless the site is hard on the eyes, and does not supply the product the buyer is looking for. People go to websites for info and make purchases. Supplying the product is way more important than what the website looks like. Craigslist is the perfect example. A huge indoor swap meet with a crap load of traffic, yet look at their site.

The majority of your rift raft will come from web designers who build from scratch. It's a dent in their business when sites like weebly, wix, webs, etc..make it so simple to design a website. It wasn't like this 10 years ago, but the web design business has changed. Now you have guys who call themselves web designers who use weebly, wix, and webs, and with a little knowledge of some html, the site will look good. The normal consumer will never know the difference

Drag and Drop is the norm now. Heck even word press has an actual template that uses drag and drop feature. They only have one, but they will have more. It's competition

Last edited by gamerguy; 04-03-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2015

Longevity: 72%

Watermarks are specifically exempt UNLESS they direct traffic off EB.

Just because other people get away with something doesn't mean you will.

Bots do 99.99999999% of the heavy lifting checking EB's 300 MILLION listings for violations, but when there's a complaint that gets the attention of a human being you're going to be toast.
Old 01-15-2020

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentine View Post
Hi nivo, many people want to drive free traffic to their site to use eBay. It is a good idea, but you cannot bring many visitors to your product. In the past, I used this, but the potential clients were few. I was looking for many sites and I paid for some services in the end, one of the best was internettrafficservice.com which still helps me to have 500 viewers per day even at present. and potential clients are 50-100 and for my product.
5 years later, I'm pretty sure he's no longer asking this question
Old 01-15-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

I dont think you can use your profile to drive traffic to your website.
You dont even see their email address anymore in the Paypal transaction page,the only way is to include a card or slip in the package which most folks just throw them away.
By the time they need a replacement,they have long forgotten whom they buy it from.
also website does not offer 30 days Money back guarantee and they dont get free return shipping label
Old 01-15-2020

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

The website that you see in the seller profile is their Ebay shop//listing.
I notice the big precious metal dealers who sell on EBay,you can tell they are big sellers from their listings so if you google ,you will find their websites
It is cheaper to buy from their website,they dont have to pay Ebay and you can pay cash or bank wiretransfer