Want to call in to dispute a defect. However forgot my accounts date of birth - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Want to call in to dispute a defect. However forgot my accounts date of birth

Will they ask it?. Basically got a request stating item was not received. Well it was lost my usps and has tracking. So it's not my fault. Still counts as a defect. how laughable... What's the point of not escalating to ebay if it already counts as a defect. Sometimes I have heard they will refund the seller and the buyer because it was neither of their faults.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Want to call in to dispute a defect. However forgot my accounts date of birth

It is not work out that way. You have a better chance of contacting USPS to see whats going on instead or ebay. I doubt they ask you personal info for you calling in about this, but anything is possible.

Of course it is not your fault, but it is not ebays or the buyers either, and the post office isnt going to refund you unless you bought insurance (priority mail gets $50 worth of free insurance). But you would be more at fault than ebay or the buyer since you was the last of the 3 parties to touch it before releasing it to USPS.

If I was you and I did not want to refund the buyer, I would just add the tracking number and ask them to be patient as it should be arriving soon, but still contact USPS in the meantime.
Old 04-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Want to call in to dispute a defect. However forgot my accounts date of birth

Well it's priority mail and is 7 days late. So WHo knows what's going on. Would escalating it to ebay help?. Perhaps they will refund on both sides and if they do would they be able to still remove the defect. Or would escalating give me a possibilities to have no defects if We both win?.
Old 04-08-2015
Threadstarter  

Gah. I called them. And i messed up. Forgot to use a talkatone number. She asked me what number i used to sign up with my account and i said i dont think i had any number to sign up. I sounded very innocent. She said ok no issue. It was a woman on the phone. But remembered i was calling from a number attached to another account with a similar user name. I completely forgot .

They said he only way for the item not received defect to be removed was to escalate it to ebay and see if i win the case. She said there were no penalties for doing this.

Its been 25 mins and i hadnt received any mc notices. Think im safe? Or is it not instant. Im really worried actually.Thanks. I once threatened to leave ebY. This is before the whole defect rating system. And i ended up winning my case. No fault of my own or the buyer and ebay reimbursed us both. I did put an investigation on the package through usps .

The account with that number was not banned tho. Just really under performing in the dsr.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 04-08-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-09-2015

Longevity: 54%

Youre linked. If one account goes down, expect the other to follow suit real quick. Thisnis why I not only put labels on all of my phones to know which onen is which, but also have a log of each account where I can pull up and see what number is for which account.
Old 04-10-2015

Longevity: 58%

Dude, get real. This is the cost of doing business on ebay with a stealth account. You have to get kicked in the balz and just smile.

Are you worried about the defect report or the cost of the lost item? Will 1 defect cost you money in TSR discount?

You are breaking ebay's rules so you have to expect to take it in the bunghole from time to time. Or you can be a man of principle and make it an issue. That way when you get the message that your account is suspended you will have that principle to fall back on.

And file a claim with the USPS. You get $50 insurance for Prio Mail stuff. Or just eat the loss. It happens to me about twice a year with 3000 transactions.
Old 04-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletichunta View Post
Well it's priority mail and is 7 days late. So WHo knows what's going on. Would escalating it to ebay help?. Perhaps they will refund on both sides and if they do would they be able to still remove the defect. Or would escalating give me a possibilities to have no defects if We both win?.
Help us out here. What does the tracking say?

Did you tell the guy to ask the APT office, mailroom, doorman? Tell him to call the local PO. This will put him off a day or two. Tell him that your vast experience taught you that you calling from outside then local area will get you nothing, but him calling will get service because he is "one of theirs".

Stuff takes as much as 2 weeks to be returned. Did you verify the delivery address? Do you have access to the return address? I ate a $260 order once because of that. Cost of doing business pre-GSP.
Old 04-13-2015

Longevity: 73%

They would never have let you keep the money and them refund the buyer in that circumstance.

They sometimes do it as a courtesy if tracking shows the item has ARRIVED, but I've never seen them refund for this.

People are always so confused by this, the concept is simple:

1. Buyer bought something from you and paid. YOU are responsible to get package to BUYER.
2. YOU contracted the services of USPS to deliver package. They are YOUR agent. They answer to YOU. YOU answer to the BUYER. YOU are responsible for the actions of YOUR agent - USPS.
3. USPS lost or delayed package.
4. Buyer has neither money nor product, expects YOU to provide refund or product.
5. YOU must satisfy buyer. Not EB. Not USPS. YOU. YOU sold the product, YOU have the money, YOU chose an agent who didn't perform.
6. Once you have satisfied the buyer, you can subrogate ( attempt to collect ) from the USPS for your damages, ( good luck with that! ), because USPS caused you to be damaged by failing to perform their duty in a timely, diligent, careful fashion.

This is how the system works.

IF the buyer had demanded you use THEIR shipper of choice and arranged the shipping themselves, the shipper would be THEIR agent, and you would be out of the loop once you handed it to THEIR agent. ( Just as a note, EB would hold you responsible anyway. )

You got a defect because YOUR agent didn't deliver the package in a reasonable period of time and the buyer opened a case or sent a request or some such.

EB almost never removes a defect, and certainly will not remove this one.

I truly am sorry, this sucks, and has happened to all of us at one point or another, but this is the way the game is played, not just here but everywhere.

I've had Priority packages lost for months before they showed up. It probably will show up at some point at your address or the buyer's, just hope the buyer is honest enough to email you, otherwise you'll lose it, and EB won't do anything for you then, either.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
rsot (04-13-2015)
Old 04-13-2015
Threadstarter  

The package is gone and I will get back the $50. I was just wondering if I were to get the buyer to close the case and I refunded him directly would I still get a defect?.
Old 04-14-2015
Threadstarter  

The defect is already there. just checked. Would closing a request remove it?.

Last edited by Athletichunta; 04-14-2015 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-14-2015

Quote:
If this is a stelath account, don't make waves. Accept the defect and move on. If you have a lot of defects and are at risk of losing the account then this must be one of many and the problem might be in your methods rather than one sole lost ackage.

If you are going for TSR and the discount, the defect will hurt but you still have to get a lot of sales and have other things fall in line.

Keeping a stealth account alive means that sometimes you have to take it in the a$$ and smile.
Old 04-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
The package is gone and I will get back the $50. I was just wondering if I were to get the buyer to close the case and I refunded him directly would I still get a defect?.
yes defect will still stay there, unless buyer closes the case saying he received the item ( which he wont) .
Old 04-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I am wondering how you get dressed each morning, OP.

Where exactly is your head?

You run stealth yet call into to talk abour a stealth account and are not prepared.

Old 04-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Unlikely unless you get eB involved - you don't want them involved.