"High Risk Items" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-10-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 53%
Default "High Risk Items"

So I understand they can limit, dare I say ban you based on the risk of your items you list. Say for example it's been a month and you have a very good feedback. Can you sell high risk items? if the items that are high risk sell and you receive good feedback for it, could you still risk limitation?

-Carlisle
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Re: "High Risk Items"

High risk items are exactly what theyre named. When you're selling them.. youre taking a high risk.

List them whenever you want, but be prepared for limitations or problems. I listed something today that I didn't think was high risk or would be flagged.. within an hour it was taken down but no suspension.

Many people get away with high risk items. It depends on HOW you list them too, but thats something you're going to have to test. Good luck
Old 04-10-2015

Longevity: 56%

From what others have said time over time, high risk items can and will get your account shut down, especially if it's a new account. It's not worth it if you are trying to sell a bunch of them and at the least very risky.

That being said I would just try and sell the item with a brand new account if you must and do a short 3 day auction or buy it now with a price that will sell FAST. I would think once it's sold it will be off the search results for most users and possibly VERO as well, but I'm not sure on that.
Old 04-10-2015

And if you're going to sell high risk items.. don't list a BIN with 100 quantity. That will draw a flag
Old 04-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

All this talk about "high risk items"
Is there a link on eBay website that has a list of high risk items or is there a thread here somewhere that has decent explanation what IS high risk?

I've never had a case of eBay pulling my listings or sending me warnings, so I don't understand the concept of high risk.
Obviously if you sell "BRAND NEW" Rolex watches for £99 then it might raise few flags but that's kind of an extreme example.

Any real legit info out there?
Old 04-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Activity: 1%

Like say for example you are selling rolex watches, with official certification etc(the product is real) Shouldn't you be able to sort this out with ebay?
Old 04-10-2015

Very expensive items.. certain electronics.. accessories for big ticket brands (Cables or iPhone cases)

I'd assume most high risk items are in the categories on eBay that have category limits the first 90 days.
Old 04-10-2015

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
All this talk about "high risk items"
Is there a link on eBay website that has a list of high risk items or is there a thread here somewhere that has decent explanation what IS high risk?

I've never had a case of eBay pulling my listings or sending me warnings, so I don't understand the concept of high risk.
Obviously if you sell "BRAND NEW" Rolex watches for £99 then it might raise few flags but that's kind of an extreme example.

Any real legit info out there?
Usually when people mean "high risk" they mean counterfeit goods. Not all high risk items are counterfeit, though. Some just have the IP rights holder not wanting their product being sold by "you".

Here is a list of IP holders that work with eBay.

EBAY LINK

http://vero.ebay.com/

They're all different and should all be approached differently. Some allow approved sellers to sell their product, others require proof of authenticity and others flat out won't let you sell because they want to uphold the luxurious style of their brand.
Old 04-10-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Some brands do not want you selling their name on ebay. They think it devalues the brand.

Others know their goods are highly counterfeited so police the site rigorously. This means even legit items will be taken down.

Vero warnings can be issued even after you have sold something.

High risk can also mean a new account that is selling a high value item (even if unbranded) as you pose a high fraud risk to ebay/paypal. They don't know you, so why should they trust you to sell a £1000 item from the start? They know how easy it is to make accounts and scam. Thats why the 21 day hold and selling limits are in place. They need to minimise their risk without alienating the legit users.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
darknezz19 (04-10-2015)