UPS Tracking shows delivery - eBay refunds buyer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default UPS Tracking shows delivery - eBay refunds buyer

I need your urgent help with yet another case strike.

The buyer claimed they have not received the item

I uploaded valid UPS tracking with proof of delivery showing both the city and state registered on buyer's account

I escalated for eBay to close the case for me and they decided to refund the buyer for the following reason:

"The tracking information you provided doesn't show delivery to the buyer's address"

I thought well this must be an error I'll be able to appeal right away but then I checked the tracking information on the UPS site again and I noticed the item WAS shipped to the buyer's city and state but DELIVERED to a location 400km away. The signature captured was from another person, not the on the shipping address

I am assuming the buyer requested a change of address from the carrier to a far away location in order to avoid signing off the package. I am not sure if this is fraud or the buyer just wanted the package delivered to a friend/family...

What am I supposed to do now? :(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-29-2015

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: UPS Tracking shows delivery - eBay refunds buyer

Do the address on the customer's 'mail to" and the delivered to address match?

If not talk to the post office. Who signed for it? Find out what happened.

If it was signed for it may have been insured?
Old 04-29-2015

Longevity: 62%

Says UPS brown not the USPS aka post office.
Old 04-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

It sounds like UPS delivered to the wrong address. You need to call UPS and find out what happened. Since they have already refunded the buyer, I would get the package back if at all possible. If they deliver it to the correct address, there is no guarantee that you will ever see the money.
Old 04-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It sounds like UPS delivered to the wrong address. You need to call UPS and find out what happened. Since they have already refunded the buyer, I would get the package back if at all possible. If they deliver it to the correct address, there is no guarantee that you will ever see the money.
On the ups proof of delivery it says "delivered to: doral, fl" but on the delivery status it shows another location, the "delivered to" proves I shipped to the correct address, how come they hold me responsible for misdelivery? (I don't think its misdelivery, am assuming buyer requested change of address)

They don't just deliver to a wrong address, they only change the delivery address if the recipient asks for it, otherwise they would say "undeliverable as addressed" they are not allowed to deliver to anyone but the addressee stated on shipping label unless they are authorized by the addressee to deliver to a neighbor , friend or family at a different location whether next door or 400km away

I do not mind about the money, I am only concerned about the case strike

I am unsure what do to do at this point
Old 04-30-2015

Longevity: 58%

as for the money, can't you get UPS to pay you off from the insurance they provide?

I am not sure but I doubt a customer can redirect packages. Just the sender. Makes sense that way.

as for the ebay/pp claim....all I can say is "good luck".

You might be able to report the buyer if he DID redirect. Then hopefully your neg FB would be removed.
Old 04-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Usually, UPS requires the senders OK to redirect a package. Otherwise, if I knew someone was going to receive an expensive package, I could just call UPS, pretend to be that person and re-direct the package to ME (or a mail drop). That would be an open invitation to fraud. But I am not sure if this is a UPS rule or not.
Old 04-30-2015

Longevity: 55%

I have had a couple of successful UPS deliveries this week over here in the UK this week, they are definately spreading their wings.
Old 04-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket View Post
as for the money, can't you get UPS to pay you off from the insurance they provide?

I am not sure but I doubt a customer can redirect packages. Just the sender. Makes sense that way.

as for the ebay/pp claim....all I can say is "good luck".

You might be able to report the buyer if he DID redirect. Then hopefully your neg FB would be removed.
I used a shipping agency for this item, they sent the item out of China and then handed it over to UPS when it reached the states - if the "sender" approved a redirect the would have been the shipping agency rather than me
I contacted the shipping agency earlier today and they advised I need to contact with the UPS directly since the shipping agency can't pull up any data on redirects

I did fill out a contact form on the UPS site and am awaiting to hear from them if they are able to see any redirect on the package - if they do find out the package was redirected, what chances are that I can appeal the case? Also, how do I prove to eBay there was a redirect by the customer, if there was any?
I mean, if I just copy and paste from an email UPS sends me eBay can't take that as evidence it's just plain text anyone can alter and on the other hand I'm unable to send them attachments by email or upload evidence/pictures/PDF files directly through the case)
Old 05-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Issue resolved thank you all for helping me out in this file how can I close this thread?
Old 05-06-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iasks View Post
Issue resolved thank you all for helping me out in this file how can I close this thread?
Be nice if you told us how the issue was resolved.
Old 05-06-2015

Thats great you resolved your issue!