new name and SSN? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-11-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default new name and SSN?

ok, so i have purchased ebay stealth guide and understand everything. i have been on ebay since 1999. i have had a store since 2012 and have 7k transactions. A few cases closed by me (at the buyers request) and a guy using multiple names and addresses, cancelling, returning etc did me in.

i do not understand the name and SSN thing.
I do not have a freiend or family member to use their info.

I can get an address, block my IP etc, but if I need a new bank account I need to provide an SSN to the bank.
Won't that be a match?
I called to ask about opening a DBA account and the rep said they still need a SSN as well as the EIN because they need to know who is running the DBA (or LLC also).
He cited a recent case of someone havinga facebook page that directed pymnts to ISIS and said the FBI needed the person's info who set up the accounts etc (this was PayPal).

So, does EBAY need an SSN too?
I read the manual over and over and it's thorough and helpful, except the way I am reading it, just seems like getting a name and SSN is no big deal. I understand people can have the same name so a name alone isn't an issue.
But my bank won't allow a diff name than my legal name on my acount. And even if they did, I still need an SSN. Won't that trip me up?

An LLC costs $350 in my state and they still want a person's SSN.

WHat do I do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-11-2015

Default Re: new name and SSN?

All banks you need to give them all your real info. But when you attach it to paypal,they only look at the routing number and account number. Banks never disclose your name to paypal. Just make sure you open a bank that,allows mismatch names like boa.
Old 05-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencey View Post
i do not understand the name and SSN thing.
I do not have a freiend or family member to use their info.
We don't use Family, Friends, etc anymore, it's outdated and not recommended.

Quote:
I can get an address, block my IP etc, but if I need a new bank account I need to provide an SSN to the bank.
Yes, you need to open a bank in your real info, unless you plan to steal someone elses identity....it's the only legal way.

Quote:
Won't that be a match?
There are banks that allow for mis-match name deposits. Paypal cannot distinguish between the name on the bank account and the name on Paypal.

Quote:
I called to ask about opening a DBA account and the rep said they still need a SSN as well as the EIN because they need to know who is running the DBA (or LLC also).
Yes, its common sense that in order to get a DBA or EIN you will need to use your real info.

Quote:
He cited a recent case of someone havinga facebook page that directed pymnts to ISIS and said the FBI needed the person's info who set up the accounts etc (this was PayPal).
Not sure how that's relevant here but ok.....

Quote:
So, does EBAY need an SSN too?
Ebay cannot request your SSN, technically only Paypal....because they are the payment processor.

Quote:
I read the manual over and over and it's thorough and helpful, except the way I am reading it, just seems like getting a name and SSN is no big deal. I understand people can have the same name so a name alone isn't an issue.
Again, you can't use someone else's information.

Quote:
But my bank won't allow a diff name than my legal name on my acount. And even if they did, I still need an SSN. Won't that trip me up?
We don't read minds, we have no clue what bank you have, also how do you know they don't allow for mismatch name deposits? have you tried it?

Quote:
An LLC costs $350 in my state and they still want a person's SSN.
yes, of course they require an SSN!!!!!! YOU CAN'T OPEN AN LLC WITHOUT ONE!

Quote:
WHat do I do?
How about you tell us what you want to do, let's start there.
Old 05-11-2015
Threadstarter  

I included all that info because I have asked questions of merchants and have had people suggest to read the manual which I did.
As far as my stament w regard to the LLC near the bottom. I know I can't open an LLC without providing my info to the state.
I was trying to say that PayPal told me that they (PayPal) needs my personal info as well when opening a dba or llc account (not just the ein).

here is what I want to do:

I am willing to buy a stealth account.

I am selling adult items and am not sure if there is extra verification. I am not sure how the stealth accounts that merchants sell work.
Aren't they verified?
Does selling adult items require additional verification?
If so, like what? providing a CC # or providing an SSN?
I don't want to buy a stealth acct and come into an obstacle.

I understand I will need to change IP. I assume all the others tuff...address, phone, cc info and name have been attached to the stealth account.
I assume I will just log onto the email and retrieve my sales. Same for PayPal. I just attach a bank account.

I do not know, but have read the manual and am stuck on what PayPal told me last night. The guy claimed they wanted SSN. Maybe they do not.