Selling adult items w a stealth acct - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-11-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Selling adult items w a stealth acct

Hello
I am a seller of a massive old adult vhs collection.
I need to buy a stealth account but the seller suggests I ask that I can use this to sell "everything else/adult" items.

Is there an additional verification for adult items>
I am a bit confused by all of this.
I am looking to buy a stealth acct that is st up so I can log in and sell/list.

I have bought the guide.
PayPal tells me they need my SSN if I open a LLC or EIN. They stated they recently had a facebook page setup w links to a paypal acct accepting donations for ISIS.
The FBI needed the personal info (not the EIN of the LLC or DBA).

Using any of my info is not an option. I do not want to buy an LLC and find out they need my SSN also and be caught. I have checked this out multiple times.

Please help w any advice. Again, I have read the guide and am stuck at how to provide any ID or verification that requires SSN.
I need a stealth acct which can handle adult items.

Bottom line question: Can I use an opened/verified account from a merchant here or is there an additional verification to sell adult items?
Thank you

Last edited by pencey; 05-11-2015 at 04:08 PM. Reason: clatrtifiation
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-11-2015

Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Selling adult items w a stealth acct

whatever you are selling I'm buying
The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzle For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-16-2015)
Old 05-11-2015

Longevity: 64%

There is no extra verification needed to sell in the adult category. You do have to agree that you're over 18 and that you will abide by their terms and conditions every time you click on a listing (even your own) in that category but that's just an annoyance at worst.

You don't need a SSN to sell in the adult category or to sell on eBay at all. You will need a tax ID number if planning to go near 200 transactions or $20,000 in sales per year, but an EIN is an acceptable tax ID number instead of having to use a SSN.

I'm not 100% as to whether or not you can list in that category right off the bat though because I always sell low risk items completely unrelated to my main items for 3 months.

ID verification only happens if they are suspicious about your account - meaning they think you're selling shady items from a questionable source, or if they suspect you were suspended before. Avoid suspicion and you will avoid an ID request.

Last edited by plumsake2; 05-11-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2015

Longevity: 52%

There is no extra verification needed. It's just like selling other items on eBay
Old 05-11-2015

Longevity: 62%

I thought paypal wasn't accepted for adult items or did that change.
Old 05-11-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 51%

I use PayPal in my old account for receiving pymnts on adult items.
I use it to pay for adult items all the time.

I am familiar w needing to click the acknowledge my age to view. I just am unsure what "credentials" a stealth acct comes with.

It was suggested by a merchant to list slowly and see if I hear from anyone.

My items are totally legal and I have sold about 70k worth in the last 3 yrs so not sure why I would go slow w a new account but I will based on suggestions.
Old 05-11-2015

Longevity: 64%

The reason why you want to list slowly has more to do with the account's age and not your items (though the items definitely do come in to play, it's just the age of the account and it's selling history -- or lack thereof, is very important).

A new account - especially one without a history of sales - needs to be build up to a point where it can handle selling in volume. While you may have the resources and know-how to sell in large quantities, you have to remember that since you would be selling on a new account, in eBay's eyes you are someone new to eBay that is selling for the first time. And so anything that is out of the norm for a new seller will draw unwanted attention.

Listing and selling too many items right away would likely bring on a request for invoices and some form of ID just to get to know you better. If you sell slowly and build up the account, then you can avoid that all together.
Old 05-11-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

You might want to keep your similar/same questions to 1 thread, it can get confusing when responding.