Can i Print shipping label for ebay on stealth account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-30-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Can i Print shipping label for ebay on stealth account?

i just wondering, and also if yes after i print it out can i bring to the usps? will they allow me if they know thats not my real adress(because of the state im current living and the state on the label is not the same?) thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Can i Print shipping label for ebay on stealth account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoang972010 View Post
i just wondering, and also if yes after i print it out can i bring to the usps? will they allow me if they know thats not my real adress(because of the state im current living and the state on the label is not the same?) thanks
To be honest, most USPS locations don't really care or bother to look at the Return Address on a package. Print your labels, take them to the Post Office and off they go!
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (06-01-2015)
Old 05-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
To be honest, most USPS locations don't really care or bother to look at the Return Address on a package. Print your labels, take them to the Post Office and off they go!
damn, i would imagine if they ask me if my adress is true on the label and will they still ship it out when i say no ?
Old 05-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Just throw your stuff in the giant bin....no need to give it to them.....
Old 05-31-2015

Longevity: 60%

usps have kiosks so there is no need to talk to them direct. Also look in to get a shipping service so you can bulk print labels.
Old 05-31-2015

Longevity: 52%

yeah dude, they dont really check at all what your return address is.
Old 05-31-2015

Longevity: 55%

Hey you people, hope you realise how lucky you are to be able to put return addresses on your packages that are so far away and not have anyone query it, doesn't happen over here like that. I posted on here recently about a counter assistant in my nearest main post office who asked for my postcode and house number and then wrote it on every package!, my stealth address is almost at the other end of the country to where I live, so I couldn't give my stealth postcode, would have been way to obvious.

I don't use that main office anymore to post my sold items, just go the little local one where they never ask anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
Iwuvcurrency (06-02-2015)
Old 05-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Hey you people, hope you realise how lucky you are to be able to put return addresses on your packages that are so far away and not have anyone query it, doesn't happen over here like that. I posted on here recently about a counter assistant in my nearest main post office who asked for my postcode and house number and then wrote it on every package!, my stealth address is almost at the other end of the country to where I live, so I couldn't give my stealth postcode, would have been way to obvious.

I don't use that main office anymore to post my sold items, just go the little local one where they never ask anything.
In the US, deliver all USPS packages to the local UPS store.

Problem solved.
Old 05-31-2015

Longevity: 73%

Yeah, they checked my return address too, and asked lots of 'questions', and pointed it out to everybody in the office so they knew to be alert for my packages.

They also tried to tell me I could only mail a package at the post office closest to where the label was printed.

It was all I could do not to laugh at them.

Just drop them in a blue mailbox. Or drop them after hours so they get covered up overnight.

If they have 4 blue mailboxes drops on site split them into 4 batches because when they see 60-80-100 packages printed online and dropped together on a daily basis they think they won the lottery.

If you have the option, drop at a different post office every day. High volume offices are best, they don't have time to pick through the incoming mail.

Post offices in the financial/business districts are the best, they get extremely effective service, pickups multiple times daily, express daily service to the district bulk mail center, extended hours. The money talks, and the Post Office listens.

The post office clerks are extremely nosy. First thing they do when they find out you printed labels online is double-check the weight. Then they nit-pick the package to death, stuff it through little slots to be sure it isn't too thick for the mail class, complain about bulges or lack of uniformity in the 'if it fits it ships' stuff, try and find some reason to require you to 'upgrade' to a much more expensive service, and tell you you're doing everything wrong.

The less you see of a human the better. Once they go into the mail-stream you're golden.
Old 05-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Yeah, they checked my return address too, and asked lots of 'questions', and pointed it out to everybody in the office so they knew to be alert for my packages.

The post office clerks are extremely nosy. First thing they do when they find out you printed labels online is double-check the weight. Then they nit-pick the package to death, stuff it through little slots to be sure it isn't too thick for the mail class, complain about bulges or lack of uniformity in the 'if it fits it ships' stuff, try and find some reason to require you to 'upgrade' to a much more expensive service, and tell you you're doing everything wrong.

The less you see of a human the better. Once they go into the mail-stream you're golden.
Never had any issues like what you've discussed.

As I said, dropping off USPS packages at UPS solves ALL issues. UPS doesn't give two craps about USPS packages.
Old 05-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Anal postal office staff dallis - weirdos
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015

Longevity: 64%

Can't help but chuckle a bit. I have been using the same USPS for 3 years without incident. I paste my correct return address over the stealth address so if I have a return I ask the buyer to return to the address on the label as I have moved. I also just drop them in the giant bin. USPS in my neighborhood could really care less about return address. I NEVER go to the counter or call attention to myself. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Old 06-01-2015

Longevity: 83%

Why don't you guys just make sure that the shipped from zip code is correct. I does not matter at all what the return address says. If the shipped from zip code is correct then they cannot say anything about the package. If they do then just point out the shipped from zip code and be on your merry way.
Old 06-01-2015

Longevity: 55%

Hehe the thing about England is that it is such a small country, you can't help but create issues if you are posting from one end of the country, when your stealth details show that you live at the other end of the country. My listings show down at the bottom of the listing screens, hopefully where no one notices them, that I 'live' other end of the country to where I am miraculously posting them from. Also simply don't have access to post offices that are that busy that the counter staff don't have time to check the details on the packages. It really is a whole different ball game over here compared to what you can get away with posting wise over in the states.

We don't have anything comparable to USPS over here where there are just bins that you can drop packages in. Interestingly though I had a delivery the other day from a courier company who are offering to take over despatching of ebay and presumably Amazon orders, they access the order details as they come in, package them up, add tracking details, and take over all or as little of that side of the business as we want them to, for a fee of course.

Last edited by RosieTosie; 06-01-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-01-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

The only thing your local USPS store where you drop off your package would care about is when you print your labels. under Shipping From: zipcode.. just change that to the zipcode of your local usps. that way they get 'credit' for every package you dropped off.