another unreasonable buyer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-14-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default another unreasonable buyer

I listed my shipping charge clearly.

After auction ended, the buyers sent:

"Hi there
I bid on this thought it has a free shipping. I didn't know on till this
morning. Please can you waive the shipping for me."

I replied:
"We can cancel this transaction, if you like."

Then got reply:
"No, I don't want to cancel the transaction. I just want you to waive or lower your shipping charge. So i can make a payment today."

I don't even concern about lost some money, I just do not want to get negative feedback. But this buyer seems like the tough and unreasonable buyer who will give out negative no matter whatever seller do, which every seller may meet 1 in 100 transaction.

Any good advise?

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

in this case if they do leave a negative, you can dispute it on the fact that your description is listed clearly. The buyer seems to be one whose abusing their power of the negative feedback "wand"

i got a neative on one of my best accounts this morning due to a buyer (hemlock-house)... beware of her
Old 12-14-2008

Longevity: 98%

pleasehelpme, you didn't put on the form "free shipping" but you stated the charge, right?

If so, you should not have backed down in the first place. It'd make the buyer not trust you.

Keep in mind, not all buyers that bug you for discounts are out to cause trouble. Some legitimately want to pay, but are just stingy and try to save all money they can.
Old 12-14-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
pleasehelpme, you didn't put on the form "free shipping" but you stated the charge, right?

If so, you should not have backed down in the first place. It'd make the buyer not trust you.

Keep in mind, not all buyers that bug you for discounts are out to cause trouble. Some legitimately want to pay, but are just stingy and try to save all money they can.

I did not put "free shipping", and I listed my shipping charge clearly.

The reason I offered to cancel the transaction is I just want peace. The current ebay feedback system is unfair to sellers. I don't mind lost some money, but I just do not want get negative.

My old account was suspended because of same kind of buyers.
Old 12-14-2008

Longevity: 89%

pleasehelpme this is what you do in this case. stall the buyer for 7 days, then file a non paying buyer complaint against them. Reason being and correct me if i am wrong, but when you file a non paying buyer complaint the buyer is not allowed to leave you any feedback. This is how i handle buyers that try to play stupid.
Old 12-15-2008

Longevity: 98%

I disagree.

First explain to your buyer clearly how shipping was stated. Mention that before a buyer confirms their bid, eBay makes them agree:

"You are agreeing to a contract -- You will enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller. You are responsible for reading the full item listing, including the seller's instructions and accepted payment methods. Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item."

Then explain that you offered to cancel the transaction because you just want peace and feared for your feedback -- well basically how you explained it. Then claim (whether or not true) that you only make a $1 markup on the item, you undercharge on shipping and packing already due to eBay's pressure on sellers, and if you lowered it more you'd lose money on the isale. Then by their response, this will at least tell you if they are a serious buyer who's just being stingy or else someone who bid to harass.

Before waiting for them to answer, immediately secretly file a complaint with eBay that they tried to extort free shipping. If they respond with feedback extortion, you can report that again. When they incriminate themselves a lot in email, eBay tends to remove the feedback when you submit the copies as the feedback removal reason.
Old 12-15-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Yeah I think it sucks big time with the new ebay feedback system as it allows customers to jack you around more then before.