Buyer is threatening me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-12-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Exclamation Buyer is threatening me

OMG.

So I have this new buyer who just registered on eBay to buy my product.
He paid, I sent the item. He received it and he emailed me the next day that he doesn't like the item and he wants to send it back at my expense and he wants a full refund. He also said that he thinks I sent something else than what he purchased but than he described the item what he received and it is exactly the same what I wrote in the description. I also sold more than 50 of the exact same item and I received great feedbacks from buyers. Even eBay sellers purchased this item from me and they never complained that the item was not as described.

So I sent him an email and I told him that we sent him the item what he purchased. I told him that we never had any complain before but I told him he can send it back if he wants it but he must pay for the shipping and shipping charges are not refundable.

He emailed me back and he told me that I lost my ..... mind. He told me that I should know that customers are always right, no matter what. He told me that he is going to post my email on eBay so every can see what kind of seller I am. He told me if I don't give him a full refund he'll contact eBay, BBB and everyone he can think of until someone will stop me from selling.,

He is so new that he doesn't even know that he could file a dispute with PayPal. I wish he would. PayPal would also tell him that he must send the item back at his expense.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

I would tell him to go ahead and do that. And if need be, open another ebay/pp account. I don't think this guy is really going to do anything. Sounds like a high school kid trying to bully people around.
Old 08-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly387 View Post
I would tell him to go ahead and do that. And if need be, open another ebay/pp account. I don't think this guy is really going to do anything. Sounds like a high school kid trying to bully people around.
I know I can open a new eBay account but I work really hard to maintain this one. I would have no problem giving him a full refund if the item would be damaged. But he just doesn't want it, probably he just changed his mind.
Old 08-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

What I do in these cases is tell them that your return/refund terms are clearly outlined in the auction (assuming they are) but that I would be happy to make it easier for them and if they return the item in the same condition AND leave me positive feedback I would give them a full refund in return. Take it or leave it. I have yet to have even the angriest buyer turn it down, because they will be worried that if they do, they'll get nothing in return.
Old 08-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
What I do in these cases is tell them that your return/refund terms are clearly outlined in the auction (assuming they are) but that I would be happy to make it easier for them and if they return the item in the same condition AND leave me positive feedback I would give them a full refund in return. Take it or leave it. I have yet to have even the angriest buyer turn it down, because they will be worried that if they do, they'll get nothing in return.
Yes, I have a return policy. I told him two times that he can return the item but he doesn't want to pay for the shipping. This item is a heavy weight item so the shipping is not cheap. I would give him a refund but the only thing he is sending is nasty emails.
Old 08-12-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: Even if he emails paypal and files a complaint, paypal will make him pay for return, BUT-- for whatever it costs to reship--4.60? priority mail?
Youre gonna prob get a neg and a low dsr--is it worth it??
Why not get his word for a good fb, if you foot the cost of the return, "hassle free" ??
Old 08-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI: Even if he emails paypal and files a complaint, paypal will make him pay for return, BUT-- for whatever it costs to reship--4.60? priority mail?
Youre gonna prob get a neg and a low dsr--is it worth it??
Why not get his word for a good fb, if you foot the cost of the return, "hassle free" ??
I don't have a problem paying $4.60 for shipping.
The only problem is, the actual shipping fee is $60.