Selling Limit was decreased by ebay because UK selling performance below the standard - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Selling Limit was decreased by ebay because UK selling performance below the standard

hi, my account is not stealth and i am US based. for last month's evaluation, my selling performance in UK & Ireland was below standard. and today, June 1st, ebay lowered by selling limit by a lot(75%). most of my sales are US domestic sales, i only have like 150 UK & Ireland transactions for the past 12 months. i am wondering if anyone has any experience with this. i didn't know that messing up the UK performance would have all my listing/selling limit decreased. any input will be appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-02-2015

Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Selling Limit was decreased by ebay because UK selling performance below the stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil View Post
hi, my account is not stealth and i am US based. for last month's evaluation, my selling performance in UK & Ireland was below standard. and today, June 1st, ebay lowered by selling limit by a lot(75%). most of my sales are US domestic sales, i only have like 150 UK & Ireland transactions for the past 12 months. i am wondering if anyone has any experience with this. i didn't know that messing up the UK performance would have all my listing/selling limit decreased. any input will be appreciated!
150 transactions a year, would be a lot, for me at least. that's 150 customers. How many total sales do you have a year exactly?

I'm not sure what you're asking for here exactly. Messing up selling, on ebay, will mess your account up in turn. Ebay is ebay, did you think that not doing well on ebay UK would not affect your account? It is the same account after all. Life happens. Get your account back in good standing. No one will have much input on here to help out.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
bil (06-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Selling Limit was decreased by ebay because UK selling performance below the stan

It is new that global an foreign has an effect on your accounts BUT it can and has been more and more lately. UK is very hard not to have slow shipping/etc because of customs/depot center etc..

Big question is, does getting the 75% reduction actually effect you at all? Normally it will lower your account to three months average monthly sales.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
bil (06-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2015
Threadstarter  

i think basically what i wanted to know is if anyone here has the same issue before.
is there any option to choose just to sell within the US and get rid of the global or UK performance rating? that's really something i wanted to know too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
150 transactions a year, would be a lot, for me at least. that's 150 customers. How many total sales do you have a year exactly?

I'm not sure what you're asking for here exactly. Messing up selling, on ebay, will mess your account up in turn. Ebay is ebay, did you think that not doing well on ebay UK would not affect your account? It is the same account after all. Life happens. Get your account back in good standing. No one will have much input on here to help out.
Old 06-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Yea....dont offer international shipping.
Old 06-02-2015

Quote:
i think basically what i wanted to know is if anyone here has the same issue before.
is there any option to choose just to sell within the US and get rid of the global or UK performance rating? that's really something i wanted to know too.
Yep, not offering international shipping, would do that. I've had pretty good luck with intentional. Allows me to charge a bunch on shipping. Sometimes you run into the issue of customs holding on to the item. But I've lost local shipments too... so...
Old 06-02-2015

Longevity: 78%

Personally I always go to Account/Site Prefrences/Exclude postage locations from your listings and then tick any I do not want.

As not offering international shipping does not stop people from bidding and does not stop them seeing your product and messing up your views count.

Also just turned down the offer from ebay to ship internationally at the price of UK shipping. Enough trouble with UK buyers who all claim to want free shipping until they have to return something.
Old 06-02-2015
Threadstarter  

thank you for your input. however, here comes another question: if i exclude UK and Ireland from shipping locations, will ebay stop evaluating that UK and Ireland selling performance though?
Quote:
Yep, not offering international shipping, would do that. I've had pretty good luck with intentional. Allows me to charge a bunch on shipping. Sometimes you run into the issue of customs holding on to the item. But I've lost local shipments too... so...
Old 06-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
thank you for your input. however, here comes another question: if i exclude UK and Ireland from shipping locations, will ebay stop evaluating that UK and Ireland selling performance though?
No..........
Old 06-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Honestly, if this is your real account, I think I would call in and see what they can do, or what you need to do to get your limits back. I never recommend that calling ebay on a stealth account is a good idea unless it is a last resort to resurrect an account. But on a real account, I would not hesitate to call in on.
Old 06-02-2015

Quote:
nope. Ebay hates doing anything retroactively
. I'm in a similar situation as you, and ebay lowered my selling limit 75% like an hour after I commented lol

Last edited by james13v; 06-02-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-02-2015
Threadstarter  

sorry to hear that ebay is giving you the same problem. i don't plan to call because they will tell me the BS such as: send your item on time, take clear picture and write better description. i mean, i have only 150 buyers from UK for the last 12 months period and it only takes 8 of them to bring down my account by leaving a feedback with 3 or less stars rating. my US sales are my main sales and i have at least 2k transactions a month. do you plan to stop selling to UK? i don't really know what to do at this point.
Quote:
nope. Ebay hates doing anything retroactively
. I'm in a similar situation as you, and ebay lowered my selling limit in half like an hour after I commented lol
Old 06-02-2015

Longevity: 73%

Yes, this happens, usually due to low DSR's.

Limits don't just go up, they also can go down.

And usually they'll go down more than once. Find a way to get your DSR ratings up fast.
Old 06-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Yea....dont offer international shipping.
Known to cause issues :( yankee is right
Old 06-02-2015
Threadstarter  

if i get my account back to above standard after the 20th of this month, what's the likelihood for my limit to go back up? or it's not going to go up until a period of time?? i know a lot of ppl have asked how to raise selling limit, but this is something new to me: anyone got their selling limit increase after there was a decrease??
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Yes, this happens, usually due to low DSR's.

Limits don't just go up, they also can go down.

And usually they'll go down more than once. Find a way to get your DSR ratings up fast.
Old 06-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

You can not get more than a 30% increase every 30 days without exception after below standard. Sometimes you have to wait for two consecutive months of being standard until you are allowed to get an increase.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
bil (06-03-2015)
Old 06-03-2015

Quote:
You can not get more than a 30% increase every 30 days without exception after below standard. Sometimes you have to wait for two consecutive months of being standard until you are allowed to get an increase.
What they told me is, that you have to be above standard for 30 days, before they can manually raise it. They can also raise it at any time, automatically, based on your sales. Which, considering they've just lowered your limit and search results, can't happen. But they'll happily tell you it can. Pigs can fly too, once there is a scientists that takes enough time to make one grow wings.
Old 06-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What they told me is, that you have to be above standard for 30 days, before they can manually raise it. They can also raise it at any time, automatically, based on your sales. Which, considering they've just lowered your limit and search results, can't happen. But they'll happily tell you it can. Pigs can fly too, once there is a scientists that takes enough time to make one grow wings.
There is ALWAYS exceptions. That is why I said with exception.

Typically cutting limits like that and reducing visibility kills the account. Almost impossible to increase sales tot he point of offsetting the low DSRs.

I am not saying you can not just most of us can not ESPECIALLY if you are under a 12 month review and not 90 days.
Old 06-03-2015

Quote:
There is ALWAYS exceptions. That is why I said with exception.

Typically cutting limits like that and reducing visibility kills the account. Almost impossible to increase sales tot he point of offsetting the low DSRs.

I am not saying you can not just most of us can not ESPECIALLY if you are under a 12 month review and not 90 days.
the 90 days I mentioned, was only a review for increasing limits. The 12 months would be for DSR's. My example, I managed to get my account back in good standing a day after the evaluation. Others would, as you said, have a very hard time of every getting their account back in good standing. Doesn't mean account is dead. Just fairly useless for awhile.

And by the by, you said

Quote:
without exception